Notices

Fusebox question

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24, 2008, 08:26 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fusebox question

HI all,

I'm having some troubles with my radio and GPS. Both are connected to the Radio fuse and yesterday, both were not powering on. It was working 30min before. I just got out of the car, did some groceries, went back and wasn't working.

So I took a look at the fusebox this morning...and figured out that there are 2 fuses boxes in my RA2006.

I took a look at the first box under the steering wheel, and there were no radio fuse in place. In the manual, it says that there is one 10A but there were none in the actual emplacement. My guess is that the previous owner blew out the fuse and took it out but never replaced it in the first box.

I then took a look at my second fuse box. All the fuses were there and the Radio one also, but I could not take it out. There was somekind of big yellow square around the radio fuse and the one up that was blocking me to take the fuse out and see if it's burned out. I wasn't able to unclip the yellow square either, I didn't have the appropriate tools.

My questions are :

1. If there is a Radio fuse into the first box AND the second box, if the first one blows, is the second a backup ? In that case, if the backup blows = no power to Radio.

2. Is there a way to remove that freakin yellow thing so I can validate that the problem is a fuse that blowed ? Here's a picture of the actual yellow thing square (http://www.japanautoteile.de/parts/f...cs/123684.jpg). This is not my actual fuse box, but found one on Google Images and it's the same yellow square.

3. I know I need to get the specific Amps for the Radio fuse (10A), but can I get it anywhere or do I absolutely need to go to the Mitsu dealer ? Maybe our car is picky....

That's about it for now...if anyone can help me out that would be nice. All stores are closed here in Quebec so I can't get a new fuse for the first box and even if I could, I'd still want to validate that this is a fuse problem before running to the store.

Thanks all,

Neo
Old Jun 24, 2008, 10:01 AM
Evolved Member

errmmm... if the fuse blows the electrical connection is cut, so no power.
should be only one fuse for the radio.

why are all the stores in quebec closed?
Old Jun 24, 2008, 11:45 AM
Evolved Member

I used a flat head and pryed it out. and just stuck two 10a fuses in its place. dont put that yellow peice back in.
Old Jun 24, 2008, 02:04 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Thomar
errmmm... if the fuse blows the electrical connection is cut, so no power.
should be only one fuse for the radio.

why are all the stores in quebec closed?
In the manual, it seems to mention that there is a Radio fuse into the first fuse box (near the steering wheel) AND into the fuse in the Engine bay. If you guys got your manual somewhere near, take a look...I'm a bit confused.

Anyway I looked closer to the empty Radio fuse in the first box and it doesn't seem that I can fit a fuse in there...

stores are closed because there's a patriotic celebration called St-Jean Batiste.

Originally Posted by Cj98
I used a flat head and pryed it out. and just stuck two 10a fuses in its place. dont put that yellow peice back in.
Thanks, I managed to take the yellow piece out with a friend and none of the 10A were fried...

Overall so far, the problem doesn't seem to be fuse related...but thanks anyway for the answers guys Really appreciated !