Notices

FINALLY, A stand alone ECU for the RALLIART!?!

Search this Thread

Old Sep 25, 2008, 05:55 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
FINALLY, A stand alone ECU for the RALLIART!?!

OK. So last night I was at the tanning salon waiting for my g/f to get done, so im reading this import tuner. I start reading the "Powergear" section of the November 08 issue. When I saw what i read i got so excited my nipples got hard. I than texted Geardownson as soon as i read it. He said you guys already mentioned this on the site. I searched the forums and i couldn't find it at all.

So if anybody can send a link to the thread where you guys are talking about it, i would be grateful. But if there isn't a thread about this, than here it is... Ladies and Gentlemen, what should be the future stand alone system for the ralliart -

The AEM ETC (let me type out the article so you can read it, word for word)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
AEM ETC-

"This month's pick of the litter is a product of AEM's latest brainstorming session; the Electronic Throttle Control unic, or ETC. Newly released for the 04-06 WRX STI, with MORE ON THE WAY (!), the AEM ETC allows AEM EMS users to retain, and improve upon, their car's native drive-by-wire throttle system. Previous STI owners running aftermarket standalones either had to convert to manual throttle engagement, or deal with OE programming that tailors throttle opening to limit tailpipe emissions and improve fuel economy. But AEM's ETC allows a constant 1:1 ratio of pedel depression to throttle position, allowing for complete throttle control by the driver, and a switch from idle to wide-open throttle position in quicker than 1/10 of a second. Fail-safe modes can also be programmed to automatically close the throttle under a variety of dangerious conditions--safegaurding your engine in the event of an emergency."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thats all it says in the mag about the product.

Like i said, i searched for about 5 minutes or so for this product and found nothing. so if anybody can show me where the thread is that talks about it, that would be awesome, but please don't delete this thread (if its a double). This could be a very helpful thread.

anybody hear about this product yet? any feedback? think its possible for us to have our own standalone soon???

ok i G2G and watch The Soprano's now lol
Old Sep 25, 2008, 07:12 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thats pretty kool. Ive never heard of that before. Im gonna have to go do some research.
Old Sep 25, 2008, 08:01 AM
Evolved Member

bump
Old Sep 25, 2008, 10:18 AM
Evolving Member

i wouldnt go as far as to say my nipples got hard, but i deff had to change my pants after ready about it, cant wait to see what happens!
Old Sep 25, 2008, 11:16 AM
Evolved Member

bump... and i wanna keep bumping until somebody like dan, rock, otter, or somebody smart reads this so they can look into it and see if this could work for us. I don't have the brain compacity to see if it'll work lol. Just wanna pass info on to somebody who can really investigate this product.
Old Sep 25, 2008, 01:37 PM
Evolving Member

i bet it wont be made for our cars...probably gonna be for the big cars such as evo, sti, 350z and so on...i doubt it will make it to our RAs...
Old Sep 25, 2008, 01:44 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
With the way everything else is going, they'll have it for the new ralliart...
Old Sep 25, 2008, 01:47 PM
EvoM Administrator

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
AEM doesn't even make their standalone ecu work for our car, so I see no reason why they'd make this available (since it's just an add-on for their already existing standalone system.)

As for the new Ralliart, of course, since it has the same ECU as the Evo X.
Old Sep 25, 2008, 06:50 PM
Evolved Member

OK OK, so it might not be right out the box bolt on to the ralliart. And trust me, I don't know crap about ecu's and stuff, but this is how i THOUGHT this COULD work -

Some smart guy gets an evo 8 plug and play system from AEM, get the drive-by wire as well (ETC) from another application. Hopefully rig up a ralliart harness so it can work for our car, than just get the brainwork and get the program running. Can it work? or am i just retarded lol.
Old Sep 25, 2008, 07:14 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

idk if it will work
But your still retarded
I dont need your stupid gizmo box ,my car runs fine....most of the time :P
Old Sep 25, 2008, 08:10 PM
EvoM Administrator

Originally Posted by Ralliart_on_LSD
OK OK, so it might not be right out the box bolt on to the ralliart. And trust me, I don't know crap about ecu's and stuff, but this is how i THOUGHT this COULD work -

Some smart guy gets an evo 8 plug and play system from AEM, get the drive-by wire as well (ETC) from another application. Hopefully rig up a ralliart harness so it can work for our car, than just get the brainwork and get the program running. Can it work? or am i just retarded lol.
But, IMO, if you're going standalone, just ditch the electronic throttle body all together.
Old Sep 26, 2008, 04:03 AM
Evolved Member

yea this is true. and if your gonna ditch the throttle body, mind as well ditch the 1st gen ralliart altogether and get the 2nd gen or evo9 lol
Old Sep 26, 2008, 06:11 AM
EvoM Administrator

Nice logic there.
Old Sep 27, 2008, 06:52 PM
Evolving Member

ermm...i made a topic about the FIC-8 which may be something you should look at. A guy here in PR already has it on his RA and its working fine.
Old Oct 6, 2008, 11:22 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by $MIVEC$
ermm...i made a topic about the FIC-8 which may be something you should look at. A guy here in PR already has it on his RA and its working fine.
I wouldn't go as far as saying it works fine. The fuel trims for instance.

Hasn't haltech had a stand alone for a long time?

Quick Reply: FINALLY, A stand alone ECU for the RALLIART!?!