Notices

Ralliart Wagon 04

Old Mar 1, 2009, 08:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by otter
I very rarely see them. When I do, they're the LS, have only seen 1 Ralliart wagon.
really? damnn mebe im just lucky but i seen like 5 of them in the past week. all ralliart wagons. i think they were all white except for one which was yellow. now i see one of them everyday cuz they live near my gf's house.
Old Mar 1, 2009, 08:52 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I use mine as daily driver and I'm always driving around. I enjoy it so much, I want to buy a second car to use for daily so I can enjoy the wagon on weekends and not add too much miles!
Old Mar 1, 2009, 09:17 PM
EvoM Administrator

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by deadfresh
really? damnn mebe im just lucky but i seen like 5 of them in the past week. all ralliart wagons. i think they were all white except for one which was yellow. now i see one of them everyday cuz they live near my gf's house.
Keep in mind I live in Michigan. Mitsubishi is not popular here. I rarely see any Mitsu.

Originally Posted by azt021
I use mine as daily driver and I'm always driving around. I enjoy it so much, I want to buy a second car to use for daily so I can enjoy the wagon on weekends and not add too much miles!
It's a DD kind of car, not really a weekend car.
Old Mar 2, 2009, 02:38 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Boost it
Old Mar 2, 2009, 07:14 AM
Evolved Member

congrats. I used to own a red one. It is definitely peppy for a 4-cylinder wagon. I also used to own an 05 RA sedan - manual transmission. The difference in transmission is obvious. But a couple other differences I found:

gas mileage on the wagon is a lot poorer than the manual sedan. I used to get 26mpg in the manual, and got maybe 21mpg in the automatic wagon.

Also, I found that the wagon had a few more "luxuries" compared to the sedan. The rear seats actually recline a notch! Helpful in keeping the kids' posture when they're napping in the back. Or with tall friends riding in the back. and in the trunk, there are lights, which are nice to have. And there are little helpful compartments in the trunk you can acces if you lift the panels. Also, the center console is hard plastic instead of the fabric (maybe less luxurious). The dash trim that's in dark gray metallic are actually painted on. In my 05, they were actually vinyl!!!???

Other than that, identical cars. The wagon is definitely more rare. And in terms of looks, people either hate it or love it. I did get a lot of double-takes from people looking at my car thinking (what is that?). But some looked like they were admiring it while others were making faces as if I had the full blown AIDS.

that is all!
The following users liked this post:
GoldenlemonRA (Feb 5, 2024)
Old Mar 2, 2009, 10:32 AM

Originally Posted by ddcha
congrats. I used to own a red one. It is definitely peppy for a 4-cylinder wagon. I also used to own an 05 RA sedan - manual transmission. The difference in transmission is obvious. But a couple other differences I found:

gas mileage on the wagon is a lot poorer than the manual sedan. I used to get 26mpg in the manual, and got maybe 21mpg in the automatic wagon.

Also, I found that the wagon had a few more "luxuries" compared to the sedan. The rear seats actually recline a notch! Helpful in keeping the kids' posture when they're napping in the back. Or with tall friends riding in the back. and in the trunk, there are lights, which are nice to have. And there are little helpful compartments in the trunk you can acces if you lift the panels. Also, the center console is hard plastic instead of the fabric (maybe less luxurious). The dash trim that's in dark gray metallic are actually painted on. In my 05, they were actually vinyl!!!???

Other than that, identical cars. The wagon is definitely more rare. And in terms of looks, people either hate it or love it. I did get a lot of double-takes from people looking at my car thinking (what is that?). But some looked like they were admiring it while others were making faces as if I had the full blown AIDS.

that is all!

I'm one of the ones with the face like u had full blown AIDS haha
Old Mar 2, 2009, 12:32 PM
Evolved Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
I think the wagons look pretty nice from the outside... I've only seen 2 actually but they were silver and white I believe... Kind of a big and square trunk but still looks nice
Old Mar 2, 2009, 12:40 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
If I had the extra cash for another project, I would love to freak one out. I like the pearl white they come in and was thinking of painting my 2G in it. And like someone said earlier, they have the room for an awesome soundsystem. I'd love to see one with a Kenstyle, Roar or some other obscure JDM VIP kit. Enjoy it.
Old Mar 3, 2009, 05:25 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by deadfresh
I'm one of the ones with the face like u had full blown AIDS haha
Hard to describe that face. kind of like a "sucksforyoubutwhatevermakesyouhappybecauseitsimpo rtanttobepoliticallycorrectinthisgreatnationcalled america" face...
Old Mar 3, 2009, 05:33 AM
SME
Evolved Member

Wagon ftw so sick
Old Mar 7, 2009, 12:54 AM
Evolving Member

Yeah im understanding you on the mpg not great, now its no suburban but its not as good as others i went from a toyota celica gt with i think 120 whp and the lancer with more torque and more horses gets about the same as the gt did so i get a newer faster car and dont really lose out on mpg. Not to say its great but its not too bad. Lift probably kills it too ha ha.
Old Mar 10, 2009, 01:21 PM
Evolving Member

YES! Another Mitsubishi Sportback Ralliart Lancer! Try saying that 3 times fast. LOL The kids and I Call mine "Ralli" for short.

I hope you enjoy your as much as I do mine.

-Joe
Old Mar 10, 2009, 01:30 PM
Evolving Member

Nice! I always loved the lancer wagons. Are you gonna transform it to an evo wagon?? Parts will fit!
Old Mar 20, 2009, 01:24 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by kwanza
Nice! I always loved the lancer wagons. Are you gonna transform it to an evo wagon?? Parts will fit!
For me the owner is willing but the wallet is weak. LOL

I do love the stock Evo wagon wing or the Ken Style wing http://www.kenstyleusa.com/product/l...ediawagon.html

I don't know if I'd really want to mess around with a 'glass front bumper again. But the hood would be nice and would look nice with the factory bodykit. And the thinner JDM rear Cedia Wagon bumper sure looks clean and is a factory part to boot! The 02-03 Ralliart wagons rear bumper (JDM) are beautiful. Actually the whole car is beautiful and would keep the Evo clone hater off you back. Your dressing up your Ralliart to look like a JDM Ralliart.

If money was no issue you could retrofit stock Evo parts and compleatly rebuild the front end then maybe pick up a set of rear wheel flares like the Evo 5 or 6 had. I suppose if you found someone who brought a front end of an Evo from Japan you could split it up that he would get the mechanical and you would take all the body parts. Sadly that's just day dreaming.

I already have the Evo. center gauges. I want to get a couple more things before I have the dash opened up. Maybe a JVC Headunit that compatable with my 12 disk Cd/Mp3 changer. The red lights for the dash. Some version of the Lancer came with a Emergency light button on the center panel with the radio and AC controls. It might be fun to hook that up to something extra ( NOS, Blinking lights, Ray gun, whatever)

Anyway Enough rambling from me for now. These are just some evil ideas.
Old Mar 20, 2009, 07:03 AM
Evolving Member

Just to give you some idea of what the Cedia wagon Ralliart 02 looks like.
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2441885
http://www.motormagazinesha.co.jp/me...002/index.html
You have to scroll down a little. there is a small pic or the rear bumper to the side.

Last edited by Joe Cool; Mar 20, 2009 at 07:13 AM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Ralliart Wagon 04