Notices

I want to share my recent experience with Lancershop

Search this Thread

Old Apr 8, 2010, 07:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I want to share my recent experience with Lancershop

I have ordered from Lancershop before, however I wanted to share my most recent experience with them. I ordered an ES Master Bushing Set as my bushings are pretty much shot and desperately need to be replaced. The bushings shipped out without any problems, I chose the shipping option UPS Ground (and was subsequently charged $30 to ship a 7 box of bushings). I returned home from work yesterday to see a FedEx delivery slip on the front door, which puzzled me because I selected to have them shipped UPS Ground. I even double-checked my confirmation email, and they were scheduled to be shipped UPS Ground. I was counting on them being in before the weekend as I had made plans to travel out of town to go see my buddy and we were planning on replacing all my bushings during that time. Lancershop had shipped them via FedEx home delivery instead of UPS Ground, which is what I paid for, and they required signature confirmation at the Ship-To address. FedEx Home Delivery could not reroute to a closer location, and the FedEx Home Delivery location is an 80 mile round-trip drive from my house. I don't get home from work anywhere near early enough to sign for a FedEx package so I know I will get the subsequent 3 delivery attempts, and then I'll have to drive 80 miles roundtrip, spending my own gas and time, to pick up something that was shipped out via the wrong carrier (not to mentioned, I was overcharged for shipping). I contacted customer service at Lancershop regarding this issue because I felt as though it was their responsibility to right the wrong, considering I paid to have it shipped via a specific carrier and they shipped it via a different carrier and required signature confirmation. This was the conversation that ensued (as I'm sure some of you know, they don't have a call-in number for customer service. it is all done online).

Your personal shopping assistant will be with you in less than 1 minute. You are number 1 in the queue. Your wait time will be approximately 0 minute(s) and 30 seconds. Thank you for waiting.
I'm 'Heather' your personal shopping assistant. I'm here to answer ANY questions or concerns you may have today.
Heather: Hello, how may I help you?
you: I placed an order recently with you. My order id is 45545. I paid $30 for you to ship a set of bushings Ups ground. You did not ship these ups ground. You shipped them fedex and required signature confirmation. I'm not home from work early enough to sign for these. Now, the problem is going to be that after the 3 days of not being able to deliver them due to nobody being home, I'm going to have to drive 80 miles roundtrip to the FedEx location, spend my own gas, my own time to pick them up, when they were supposed to be shipped UPS ground. I paid for UPS ground, I selected the option UPS ground, and you shipped them via a different carrier so now half of my Saturday morning will be wasted having to go pick something up that I shouldn't have to be
Heather: One moment, pleas.
you: i spoke with fedex and because you required signature confirmation, and shipped them via fedex home delivery, they can't reroute them to my work or to an alternate fedex locaiton
you: ok
Heather: please*
Heather: What is the other address that you would want this to go to?
Heather: I will be able to send it there...
you: I can give you my work address but my concern is that these are already out for delivery to my home address right now, and when I spoke to fedex, they said if the shipper was able to reroute them, it would take 24-48 hours before the change would take effect. I need to get these in this weekend. My bushings are completely shot and I waited on the shop around here for 2 1/2 weeks to get the bushings in and they said they were on backorder with no ETA, which is why I went ahead and ordered them from you guys. I've order $3k-$4k worth of parts from you guys before (i didn't login to my userid for this order) and i've never had an issue with you guys before. but i need to get these in this weekend and even if they reroute them, i don't think they would be here in time for the weekend, and i don't come into work on saturdays
you: they can't be rerouted today because they're already out for delivery
Heather: If you have the address, I'll have my warehouse check to see if these can be delivered at that address tmrw before we change it.
you: my work address is.....(edited out)
Heather: Thank you.
Heather: One moment.
you: ok
Heather: Thank you.
Heather: Alright - Here's the information that I have: 1 - Please keep in mind that it usually takes 7-10 business days for any ground shipping method. 2 - Your order was processed on 4/5 and shipped the same day. 3 - We are not able to determine the shipping vendor that our warehouses use. It's a UPS example on the web site, however, that's not always the shipper used.
Heather: So, going forward, there are a couple different options:
Heather: 1 - We submit a request for change of address and hope that it will be able to be shipped to this new address tmrw, however, it could be Monday by the time that you receive it at your work.
Heather: 2 - We keep the address the same and you are able to pick it up on Saturday. That would be the quickest that this item would be able to get to you.
Heather: And if you need it by a certain time, that might be the only option.
Heather: I will have this address changed, if that's what you would like to do.
you: Ok, first of all, if choosing your shipping carrier is not an option, that should be stated on the website. It specifically said UPS ground. If it were shipped UPS ground, like it were stated, we wouldn't be having this issue. Second of all, regardless of how quickly you processed the ordered and shipped it out, the fact of the matter is I still most likely won't get it delivered before Monday, or I'll leave the address the same and I will have to drive 80 miles roundtrip after the third attempted delivery tomorrow to pick up something I paid $30 for to have shipped UPS ground.
Heather: I will forward your suggestion to my management team.
Heather: However, the rest of your information is correct. How would you like to proceed?
you: I want this resolved without having to spend $15 in gas, plus my time travelling to pick up something that I already paid for, paid $30 shipping for for a 7 pound box and the fact that the "only other option for me" is to have it rerouted which will most likely delay it until Monday is absolutely ridiculous
Heather: I'm sorry for the delay. One moment please.
Heather: I'm sorry about your inconvenience. However, I'm unsure of what you are asking? Do you have any other suggestions? I'm saying that going forward, this is all we have to choose from...?
you: To be perfectly honest, I think my shipping charges should be refunded. Regardless of what your understanding is as far as being unsure of what shipping carrier your warehouse uses, it should be stated. If I'm selecting the option "UPS Ground", it should be shipped UPS Ground unless it specifically states that any ground service carrier can be used. I think it's absolutely ludicrous that I'm paying $30 to have something that small shipped, and then on top of that, my options are either to have the delivery delayed and shipped to my work address, or spend my gas money, my time, the wear and tear on my vehicle to go pick them up. If they were shipped UPS Ground as stated, we wouldn't be having this issue. They would have been left on my front doorstep yesterday and we wouldn't be having this conversation
Heather: I'm not able to refund shipping costs, as it has already been shipped out. However, I am able to offer you a $20 coupon off of your next order. I will have the coupon code in just one moment...
Heather: However, I will still need your choice in order to proceed.
you: what good does that do me honestly? i have no intention of ever ordering from you again. Just leave the package be. I will pick it up. I would like to speak to management however.
Heather: This conversation is coming directly from management. Would you like that coupon code?
you: no, because i have no intention of ever ordering from you again. i will however make sure that this issue, and this conversation, is placed over all the Evolution and Lancer forums and sent to any vendors that may order from you. it will also be sent to the better business bureau. the fact that you have an option for shipping service and you state that you have no choice in which carrier your warehouse uses is ridiculous, and on top of that is lying directly to the consumer.
you: the fact that you blatantly disregard the satisfaction of the consumer who is spending their hard-earned dollars to have a service provided provides a very poor idea of how your company is run
Heather: Thank you for waiting. I'll be with you in just a moment.
Heather: So, you would like me to keep the address on this package as is?
you: yes
Heather: Alright. I will do that.
Heather: Was there anything else that I could help you with today?
you: no, you haven't helped at all
Heather: I'm sorry for the inconvenience.
you: no you're not
Heather: Sorry for the delay.
you: no, you're not. i will be reporting this. good day.
Heather: I'm sorry for the delay. One moment please.

Needless to say, it will be the last time I shop at Lancershop. The fact that they allow you to select a shipping option, don't fulfill that service you request, and then they blatantly disregard the issue and do not do what they can to fix the problem shows me that the way they are run is absolutely ridiculous, on top of the fact that I paid for a service that I didn't receive and she refused to refund my money. It is much less about the $30 and more for the principle of the matter and the fact that my install is going to be delayed for another week and they have no concern regarding screwing over the consumer, not to mention it is lying and false-advertisement to have the consumer pick their shipping service and provider, then stating that they have no control over what carrier their warehouse uses for shipping.
Old Apr 11, 2010, 10:47 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ya gotta wonder if "Heather", is just a computer program that picks up keywords in your statements and sends messages back based on those.

Either that or she just learned english last week and is accually in India.

Had very similar issues with a "heather" regarding a Belkin router for my home network, never got anywhere till I called tech support, happens to be in the states. Their management replaced my base model g-type router with thier top of the line N2 type unit for no charge,.... and aplogised in writing for thier customer service folks in India.

Try looking up the company online and search out the name highest on the totem pole, call during business hours and ask for him by first name, consumer advocate Clark Howard from the radio says thats how to get it done.

you may end up with considerably more than a "coupon code", like your whole order for free. You could also try contacting the Clark Howard show and letting them deal with it for you. Look him up online

peace