Notices

Leak from underneath the car...

Search this Thread

Old Dec 5, 2003, 06:50 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Leak from underneath the car...

So today I had to go to Good Guys because the ground for my subs kept cutting in and out. Anyways, that's besides the point. I gave the keys for the install guy to pull the car in the garage and when he backed out I noticed radiator fluid (green) on the ground in a little puddle. Since I wasn't sure if it was already there or not from a previously parked car, I decided to check it out when I got home. I parked and let my car sit about 10 minutes then backed out and sure enough their was some liquid on the ground. It looked clear and didn't smell like anything but I figure it was radiator fluid again but I waited too long the green kinda evaporated? lol I'm not sure what I'm talking about but basically I'm trying to find out what could be wrong? The car only has 1200 miles on it and it is a RalliArt. Loose radiator hose maybe? What could it be?

Has anyone else had this happen with their OZ or newer Lancer?

I posted this in the engine forum also because I'm trying to get a response ASAP.
Old Dec 5, 2003, 07:01 PM
Evolving Member

why not check the level of your coolant? If it is leaking then the level would be lower than it should be. BTW the green will not evaporate out of the coolant anytime soon.
Old Dec 5, 2003, 07:11 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by xstephenx
why not check the level of your coolant? If it is leaking then the level would be lower than it should be. BTW the green will not evaporate out of the coolant anytime soon.
My girls 03 Accord did the same **** and still does. They say It's condensation or however you spell it moisture from when you run the AC or Heater... Is that probably it?

I dont know bout the green I'm simply saying when I was at Best Buy and the guy backed my car out I saw a green puddle but when I checked it here at the Apartment with this guy who knows alot more about cars then I do he said it was clear and couldn't be radiator fluid and or oil. It's funny, I seem to know more about mods and modding cars then I do the basics
Old Dec 5, 2003, 10:55 PM
EvoM Guru

Originally posted by MitsuLancer04

My girls 03 Accord did the same **** and still does. They say It's condensation or however you spell it moisture from when you run the AC or Heater... Is that probably it?
i'd vouch for that. i think the hose for condensation is on the engine bay firewall. closer to the driver side? i noticed this too when i first got my ride. i eventually traced it back to this open ended hose.
Old Dec 6, 2003, 09:22 PM

nothin to worry about. a little condensation is normal on any car with AC.

your lucky, my accord had a power steering fluid leak when I bought it brand-new.