Notices

04-06 Ralliartist General Discussion Thread

Search this Thread

Old Nov 4, 2013, 12:31 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by CrAnSwIcK
sweet...I found a video on youtube of my 15 second B2 pass at the shootout..lol...Mike will remember the issues I had with the launch control...you may have noticed if you saw the pass, but I changed the launch control speed, and it went all screwy...

it was funny, cause basically I had the pedal to the floor the whole time, green light went and I dumped the clutch...it looks like a bog, but it wasn't...it actually just jumped slightly, did nothing for a second or so...and then went...mike was in the car for one of them...the day before.

http://youtu.be/vDjzCRmHK84
lol still not a bad pass considering the crappy start. Yea this looks like a saturday run. I was with you on Friday. I remember this happening on one of the pass's on friday. Died for a second or two then took off. You fixed all those issues for sunday tho. Wish we had some videos of your runs on sunday.
Old Nov 4, 2013, 01:07 PM
Evolved Member

Received 36 Likes on 36 Posts
sweet...I found a video on youtube of my 15 second B2 pass at the shootout..lol...Mike will remember the issues I had with the launch control...you may have noticed if you saw the pass, but I changed the launch control speed, and it went all screwy...

it was funny, cause basically I had the pedal to the floor the whole time, green light went and I dumped the clutch...it looks like a bog, but it wasn't...it actually just jumped slightly, did nothing for a second or so...and then went...mike was in the car for one of them...the day before. I ran a 13.8 in the qualifier, but I changed the launch control parameters again...next time, i'll save the tinkering for the test and tune.

http://youtu.be/vDjzCRmHK84
LOL Your 15 second slow pass is still a full second and a half faster than my 16.5 second slow *** automatic runs. hahaha

Gosh, i still regret forgetting to set my alarm friday night and missing the sign up for the autocross... :/ At least I got to ride along with you. Maybe this winter I will get some issues sorted out with my car and have it race ready for next season. Im really hoping to get that eclipse running so that I can have the RA down for a while to give it the proper attention it needs.
Old Nov 4, 2013, 07:30 PM
Evolved Member

Received 89 Likes on 86 Posts
lol...I still had a great time...hopefully next year, the car will run as good, and I would definitely drink more...even the guys I showed up with I've only known on forums...the French guy, Ghislain (with the "Canadian accent", lol) came in my car, we hang out all the time, he's the guy with all the glorious tools i'm always borrowing...he's got a flat 12 second talon TSi. You'll probably see it next year, she's got a fresh fully built block.
Old Nov 4, 2013, 07:53 PM
Evolved Member

lol...I still had a great time...hopefully next year, the car will run as good, and I would definitely drink more...even the guys I showed up with I've only known on forums...the French guy, Ghislain (with the "Canadian accent", lol) came in my car, we hang out all the time, he's the guy with all the glorious tools i'm always borrowing...he's got a flat 12 second talon TSi. You'll probably see it next year, she's got a fresh fully built block.
Jizz the wiz? That guy?
Old Nov 5, 2013, 05:59 AM
EvoM Super Moderator

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
nice run crans
Old Nov 5, 2013, 07:51 AM
Evolved Member

Yea I remember him! He rode back to the motel with me one night. Hes a cool guy I wish he coulda brought his car. I'd like to see it! LOL I'll be sure to wear more fleur de lis next time, he seemed to like that! HAHAHAHA

Lanzer, you got that transmission yet?

Last edited by bakuro117; Nov 5, 2013 at 08:46 AM.
Old Nov 6, 2013, 09:00 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by mikemike396
Jizz the wiz? That guy?
Lol, yeah...Giz tha Wiz, is the correct spelling...I think the story goes when he was a young French man, posted to a primarily English base, someone asked if they could call him "jizz" for short, and being French, he didn't really know what it meant, and went with it, and it stuck.

Originally Posted by lanzerralliart
nice run crans
A far cry from the 13.8 I ran the same weekend...the track was so well prepped, I had to play around with the launch control...some things did not work at all, as you can see...

Originally Posted by bakuro117
Yea I remember him! He rode back to the motel with me one night. Hes a cool guy I wish he coulda brought his car. I'd like to see it! LOL I'll be sure to wear more fleur de lis next time, he seemed to like that! HAHAHAHA
Yeah, super good guy...he's my automotive mentor. We also work together. He was my boss 2 years ago, but now we are the same rank
Old Nov 7, 2013, 10:05 AM
Evolved Member

WOOO!!! I just won UK basketball tickets at work for this Sunday. Im not really all that into sports but its really cool to win something out of the blue!
Old Nov 15, 2013, 05:03 PM
Evolved Member

I've been giving something some serious thought. Do you all think I should just repair the Eclipse and use it as a backup car and then Turbo the RA instead? I've been thinking about it and I can't make up my mind...
Old Nov 15, 2013, 07:59 PM
Evolved Member

you know my answer
Old Nov 16, 2013, 05:43 AM
Evolved Member

lol yea.... I am with Crans!
Old Nov 18, 2013, 07:15 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
*cough* https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/04...phase-2-a.html *cough*
Old Nov 18, 2013, 08:34 AM
Evolved Member

LOL I am thinking about it. Seriously I am. I feel like Ive already invested so much into the RA that it would be a shame not to give it the extra power now. Ask Truth I can run the car hard now with the suspension as it is, but its in need of more OOMPH! lol

I would want to have my tranny rebuild, upgraded, and installed before the turbo though. It has quite a few mile on it and Im afraid it is quickly becoming a weak spot... Im thinking that if I had it rebuild with new internals, the modified shift kit, the stronger axles that Crans got, and either an LSD or the ziggy insert that it would be perfectly ready for the addition of a turbo...
Old Nov 21, 2013, 08:00 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by bakuro117
LOL I am thinking about it. Seriously I am. I feel like Ive already invested so much into the RA that it would be a shame not to give it the extra power now. Ask Truth I can run the car hard now with the suspension as it is, but its in need of more OOMPH! lol

I would want to have my tranny rebuild, upgraded, and installed before the turbo though. It has quite a few mile on it and Im afraid it is quickly becoming a weak spot... Im thinking that if I had it rebuild with new internals, the modified shift kit, the stronger axles that Crans got, and either an LSD or the ziggy insert that it would be perfectly ready for the addition of a turbo...
TURBO!!!! the BEOICH!!!! I finally have my car running well, few rich spots, other then that, how can I say this PC...It is fun.
Old Nov 21, 2013, 09:21 AM
Evolved Member

LOL yea Thats what I decided to do. I ordered a few things for the eclipse just to give it a little more OOMPH while i daily drive it. Ordered a CAI, and Header. Soon as I am not sick anymore Im going to get back out in the garage, pull the head, and start putting it back together. Gunna plastidip it black so the rough spots arent AS noticable then start using it as the daily driver.

I also just ordered a 1/2" thick stainless steel flange for the 4g69 so that I can get the exhaust manifold welded up and ready to turbo the RA. I guess I'll need to start trying to save money so I can have my transmission rebuilt then I'll start throwing all the parts on the RA! I'll make a build thread once I actually get started on it.

Crans what did you end up setting your launch control at? Cause from what I can tell the torque converter in the AT should be adjustable so maybe I can raise the stall point if need be. I think it is near 2500 stock.

Last edited by bakuro117; Nov 21, 2013 at 09:24 AM.

Quick Reply: 04-06 Ralliartist General Discussion Thread