Notices

tps problem

Search this Thread

Old Nov 25, 2013, 08:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation tps problem

people i had a tps problem so i bought a new one and its still giving ME THE SAME problem... i scanned the car everytime and it says something about low voltage on the tps..
HOW CAN I FIX THAT PROBLEM??
THANKS FOR YOUR HELP
Old Nov 25, 2013, 09:54 PM
Evolved Member

Received 89 Likes on 86 Posts
you bought a whole new throttle body, and you're still getting the code?
Old Nov 26, 2013, 07:01 AM

Originally Posted by CrAnSwIcK
you bought a whole new throttle body, and you're still getting the code?
yes, its still scanning low voltage on the tps and i dont know why
Old Nov 26, 2013, 08:53 AM
Evolved Member

was the throttle body brand new?

you need to meter the wires.
Old Nov 26, 2013, 09:15 AM
Evolved Member

Received 36 Likes on 36 Posts
You bought a new throttle body? Or a new Throttle Position Sensor? The position sensor went bad on mine. I had to replace it before it started acting correctly. its on the left side of the engine bay the throttle wire goes over to it. Here is the part. Part # is in the pic.

Name:  MR578861.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  27.3 KB
Old Nov 26, 2013, 03:02 PM
Evolved Member

What are the symptoms you would experience with a bad tps? I might be having some of the same issues. Car won't idle when cold. When I hit boost. The car breaks up like crazy. Please check my thread for more details.
Old Nov 26, 2013, 05:57 PM
Evolved Member

Josh, that's the accelerator pedal position sensor, the throttle position sensor is in that black box on the throttle body...

a bad TPS can cause idle issues, as well as the engine to choke when throttle is commanded...
Old Nov 26, 2013, 06:22 PM

Originally Posted by bakuro117
You bought a new throttle body? Or a new Throttle Position Sensor? The position sensor went bad on mine. I had to replace it before it started acting correctly. its on the left side of the engine bay the throttle wire goes over to it. Here is the part. Part # is in the pic.

that's what i bought
Old Nov 26, 2013, 06:24 PM

Originally Posted by Evoluvin
What are the symptoms you would experience with a bad tps? I might be having some of the same issues. Car won't idle when cold. When I hit boost. The car breaks up like crazy. Please check my thread for more details.
the symptoms are bad idle, car doesnt pass 2000 rpm full throttle, thats basically it
Old Nov 26, 2013, 07:05 PM
Evolved Member

Ok earlier you had replied to crans saying you had gotten a new TB. Thats why i went back to the APPS. When mine was having this issue it was saying both the APPS and TPS were the problem. I replaced the part above at the request of otter and it fixed it. If that's the part you got and its still messed up get a new throttle body. Like crans said the little black box on the TB is the TPS. Either a TB from a ralliart, 4g eclipse (i4 or v6), or a 4g69 galant will work.

Last edited by bakuro117; Nov 26, 2013 at 07:11 PM.
Old Nov 26, 2013, 07:34 PM

Ok earlier you had replied to crans saying you had gotten a new TB. Thats why i went back to the APPS. When mine was having this issue it was saying both the APPS and TPS were the problem. I replaced the part above at the request of otter and it fixed it. If that's the part you got and its still messed up get a new throttle body. Like crans said the little black box on the TB is the TPS. Either a TB from a ralliart, 4g eclipse (i4 or v6), or a 4g69 galant will work.
ok thanks a lot!! but what about the low voltage?
Old Nov 26, 2013, 09:12 PM
Evolved Member

Do like crans said and meter the wires. Maybe something is just getting a bad connection somewhere. Could just be the TPS on the TB has went bad too tho. You wont know for sure until you start trying stuff.
Old Nov 26, 2013, 09:15 PM
Evolved Member

this... I was being a wise-***, thank for clarifying there must be a comparsion between the apps and tps...like a synchro-servo system...if one is bad, they both appear to be bad, or the bad one to cause the good one to appear bad...

the APPS is also adjustable, but why? and what is the outcome?

Last edited by CrAnSwIcK; Nov 26, 2013 at 09:24 PM.
Old Nov 27, 2013, 08:00 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
When my APPS when out last year, the symptoms where when cruising at about 40 or so, I could feel stuttering as if the car was jerking slightly. Not much but enough to notice. I didn't have any issues with idling or acceleration. After experiencing this for about 2 months it died complete and threw a -> P2138.
Old Dec 2, 2013, 06:56 PM

Do like crans said and meter the wires. Maybe something is just getting a bad connection somewhere. Could just be the TPS on the TB has went bad too tho. You wont know for sure until you start trying stuff.
i already metered the wires, at first they are at 5v or more and then go down 2.5-3.2 :/

Quick Reply: tps problem