Notices

Just bought 04 ralliart need help!!

Search this Thread

Old Sep 13, 2014, 01:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just bought 04 ralliart need help!!

I'm new to the site and was wondering a couple things. I recently ran into the stuck/broken heater/ac knob issue. I got the link gears replaced and everything is good now. I was wondering if there is anything else I should take care of now before it gets worse. Like what other common problems have other members had out of the 04-06 ralliart lancers? thanks for the heads up and info.
Old Sep 13, 2014, 01:10 PM
Evolved Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
do all the maintenance such as belts fluid changes before doing anything else to it.
Old Sep 13, 2014, 02:33 PM

I know that much that's just basic up keep. What I was wondering was other issue it may have from factory or if other problems people have ran into. For example I seen you tube videos about some random squeaks that start in the rear end. just looking for a heads up.
Old Sep 13, 2014, 04:13 PM
Evolved Member

Received 89 Likes on 86 Posts
lube all your bushings
Old Sep 13, 2014, 06:49 PM

alright thanks for the heads up
Old Sep 13, 2014, 06:52 PM

Also this may be on here somewhere but where can I find good aftermarket parts for my lancer? I'm looking into doing some work on it and not sure where to start looking. If there is a thread already just direct me to it.
Old Sep 13, 2014, 07:42 PM
Evolved Member

what are you looking for?
Old Sep 14, 2014, 09:34 AM

I'm looking for engine and suspension parts for now but would also like to find some dress up parts. Like dash kits carbon fiber body panels. You know the basic show and go stuff.
Old Sep 14, 2014, 11:46 AM
Evolved Member

be more specific...if you have deep pockets and money isn't a concern head on over to roadrace motorsports. just know that pretty much everything they sell can be had for less somewhere else...the problem with shops like that is that people who don't know exactly what they are looking for, or are looking for "something" for engine, suspension etc. get caught up in bolt-on madness...to put it in perspective I built a turbo kit for about the same as RRM charges for a ported head and a piggyback ECU. that's like 10-15hp gain to my 100+hp gain...$100 per 1 hp is a little steep to me, especially since my 12.5hp lawn mower was free, I just had to rebuild the engine.
Old Sep 14, 2014, 12:05 PM

I definitely don't have deep pockets. Lets say I'm more of the weekend tune up guy. Cheap but good parts are what I'm looking for. I don't really have a certain area I'm focusing on. Just as I get freed money get some parts here and there. I just don't know where to even start other than ebay and I don't always trust them. That's pretty sweet setup that you did then for less than they charge for heads.
Old Sep 14, 2014, 04:18 PM
Evolved Member

ok, so I would recommend ECU tuning...more important than any physical part. price tag isn't cheap though...but for the cost of a cold air intake and cat-back exhaust, you get more power out of a tune, just by remapping the ECU...pretty cool stuff.
Old Sep 14, 2014, 06:05 PM

sounds like a good plan but where would I get that done or where would I get the stuff to tune my ECU. also is there a good website I can go to to check out parts and order from. as in who makes the best parts out there that don't cost an arm and leg?
Old Sep 14, 2014, 06:53 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by bjackson
sounds like a good plan but where would I get that done or where would I get the stuff to tune my ECU. also is there a good website I can go to to check out parts and order from. as in who makes the best parts out there that don't cost an arm and leg?

no one...again, you have to know what you're looking for. example, say you want coilovers, well, roadrace doesn't make coilovers, they sell them, but they only carry one brand, and that's Tein. there are lots of other companies that make coilovers for the CS6A and CS7A chassis...once you know what you want, go to the manufacturer's website, look up your car in their catalogue (yes they still exist, and no webstores did not replace them) and then simply google the part number to find the best price...roadracemotorsports.com has a good selection, but again, inflated pricing, and they don't have everything...mostly bolt-on crap. and stuff like ported and polished heads...pretty you can buy an entire spare engine from a junk yard, and get the head ported and polished for less than $1,000.

for ECU tuning, both methods are basically still in development, but are both currently working on a large number of cars...I'm using Fastworks, some other guys here use it as well. some people are using MMCflash/ECUflash/evoscan? I forget what all is used, but appearently it works pretty good, but you have to use several different programs to do everything. I prefer Fastworks as it's a single software suite that does everything. read/write, edit, and datalog...also has boost patches for turbocharged and supercharged applications, as well as 2-step launch control, and also speed density is currently in the works...I'd be wasting my time if I listed all the capabilities, but basically there's not a piggyback ECU or "performance chip" on the planet that compares to reprogramming the factory ECU.

Last edited by CrAnSwIcK; Sep 14, 2014 at 07:14 PM.
Old Sep 15, 2014, 07:49 AM
Evolved Member

Received 36 Likes on 36 Posts
If your not entirely sure what parts your looking for but want to get some good ideas. Then head over to Andy's Auto Sport. They have a huge selection of parts. I wouldnt buy anything from them but they have a huge inventory that will give you some ideas. Then once you know what your interested in I would do what Crans said and look up the manufacturer's website and go from there.

ECU tuning would be a great first mod, and it would only benefit every other mod you add later. Also setting up the suspension properly really brings the car to life if you like driving on curvy roads. If your a straight line, pedal to the floor person then i would simply skip the bolt ons and go for a turbo/supercharger setup. I rode in Cranswick's car and pulled along side Truthdweller's and it really inspired me to start my own turbo build on my second RA.
Old Sep 15, 2014, 02:10 PM
Evolved Member

would you believe I had to double the horsepower of the car to shave 2 seconds of my 1/4 mile...doesn't seem like much, but everytime I hit full boost, I get the "warm and fuzzy" feeling...

Quick Reply: Just bought 04 ralliart need help!!