0%
Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll

2004 - 2006 Lancer Ralliart "Track Night In America"

Search this Thread

Old Apr 16, 2015, 05:55 PM
Evolved Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
2004 - 2006 Lancer Ralliart "Track Night In America"

This is a start to organizing an opportunity for all 2004 - 2006 Lancer Ralliart enthusiasts, yet more practically in the north midatlantic/atlantic USA/Canada regions, to come together and experience, not only track time on a nationally recognized, full length road course, but also to get together faces and bodies that some have only known through social media or evom.net

"Track Night in America driven by Tire Rack with partial support from the FIA Sport Grant Programme is “The Fastest Way to Get on Track” for any automotive enthusiast. No previous on-track experience needed. Only things required are a street car in good condition, a driver’s license and a helmet. It is a good idea to also bring a desire to have some fun and hang out for the evening with others that share your passion for cars or driving." - http://www.tracknightinamerica.com/a...to-track-night

I just participated in an event yesterday and all I can say is, "It was CRAZY FUN!" Another evom.net member "Bakuro" suggested that somebody should organize something, and hopefully, this is a start to something memorable!

Above is a "poll" where you will be able to express your interest in this event. Comments and suggestions are encouraged, especially as to when (month/yr) and where you would like to participate in something like this. Off the top of my head I'm thinking of repeating the same time frame in April of 2016. I just looked at SCCA's site and I don't see a schedule out that far yet so I don't have a date or location to choose from. Again, this is a "work in progress."

Last edited by truthdweller; Apr 16, 2015 at 06:25 PM.
Old Apr 16, 2015, 07:50 PM
Evolved Member

Received 89 Likes on 86 Posts
like the shootout, but a road course instead of 1/4 mile...
Old Apr 16, 2015, 07:55 PM
Evolved Member

There are some here that are talking about going to the Shootout in Ohio again this year, and because of this thread, it got me thinking...How about instead of the shootout, let's meet here:

Track Night: Pittsburgh
Date: August 11, 2015, 03:00 PM - 09:00 PM EDT
Address: 201 Penndale Road, Wampum, PA, 16157
http://www.pittrace.com

???
Old Apr 16, 2015, 07:56 PM
Evolved Member

Like minds think alike! The only drawback I can think of is the HOT weather, but oh well!
Old Apr 16, 2015, 07:59 PM
Evolved Member

...and oh, btw, it's $150
Old Apr 17, 2015, 10:06 PM
Evolved Member

Received 89 Likes on 86 Posts
plus accomodations unless they have camping...but also way too close to the shootout...and I roll with a pack to ohio...
Old Apr 18, 2015, 01:32 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by CrAnSwIcK
plus accomodations unless they have camping...but also way too close to the shootout...and I roll with a pack to ohio...

To clarify, it's $150 for the driver, free for family members to get in and watch. They have an opportunity to take family members out on a "open house" lap as well.

What I was thinking was having this replace the Shootout this year, but if you are already planning to attend the Shootout with the family then, yes, it's not practical. Otherwise, we could just make it in Spring next year.

Another thing I'm foreseeing is, this is only a one day event, one evening to be more specific, 4 - 9pm. What would we do after that?

Also, will the above location in Pittsburgh, PA work?

Last edited by truthdweller; Apr 18, 2015 at 01:35 PM.
Old Apr 18, 2015, 08:49 PM
Evolved Member

Received 36 Likes on 36 Posts
Eh I've already planned to go to the shootout this year. Maybe if it was another time. Before or after is fine with me. But I've already made arangments to be in ohio for that date.
Old Apr 24, 2015, 06:06 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by bakuro117
Eh I've already planned to go to the shootout this year. Maybe if it was another time. Before or after is fine with me. But I've already made arangments to be in ohio for that date.

Tentatively I'll shoot for April of 2016 and will post up as soon as the SCCA puts up their schedule for 2016.