Notices

Look to buy a turbo!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old May 5, 2015, 06:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Look to buy a turbo!!!!!!!

I'm looking to buy a turbo for my 04 lancer ralliart. Does anyone have one for sale? Or know a good website or shop in Columbus Ohio to buy a turbo kit that is a direct fit or at least easy to put in with a bunch of fab work and that's not gonna rape me on the price?
Old May 6, 2015, 08:46 PM
Evolved Member

Received 89 Likes on 86 Posts
find a manifold and build your own kit...also search.
Old May 7, 2015, 10:43 AM

That's what I was thinking but I don't know ally about cars to really build my own. So just find a manifold then buy a turbo and pipping and a intercooler? Or is there anything else I need? It's hard to find just a turbo that will fit directly with my ralliart Bc it's a 2.4L
Old May 7, 2015, 02:43 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I know a guy selling a complete turbo kit. Are you the guy that emailed me?
Old May 7, 2015, 04:46 PM
Evolved Member

Received 89 Likes on 86 Posts
Originally Posted by dturner9020
That's what I was thinking but I don't know ally about cars to really build my own. So just find a manifold then buy a turbo and pipping and a intercooler? Or is there anything else I need? It's hard to find just a turbo that will fit directly with my ralliart Bc it's a 2.4L

if you don't know anything about cars, either be prepared to do A LOT of learning, or forget about the whole thing and buy a car that comes with a turbo...

not sure what you mean by hard to find a turbo because it's a 2.4L...literally any turbo that will physically fit between the starter heat shield and the radiator will work...you just need to find a manifold...the manifold will dictate what type of turbo you can use...size is irrelevant in that regard. I think what you mean is that it's difficult to find a manifold that bolts to the 4G69 head...and the answer is, it's not hard...they're just expensive...also, search...lol

Brent, is it an RRM kit, or is it the guy who had your old setup...cause that **** was ill!
Old May 13, 2015, 07:32 AM
Evolved Member

@dturner9020:
make sure you search, search, search and then search some more. there's so much info here on EvoM about turbo fitments, piping, etc for our cars. plus, if you want a very detailed report on how to put together your own, read Cranswick's thread here. cheers!