Notices

Drivers side door will not lock or unlock elecetrically

Search this Thread

Old Sep 29, 2015, 08:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Drivers side door will not lock or unlock elecetrically

So it started acting up early this year but now its just stopped working, Key fob and the switches inside will not lock or unlock drivers door. i have to use the key to lock and unlock or hit the lock its self above the door handle in the car, all other doors respond fine with the fob and the door switches. Was this a common problem? if so what was the fix. if it is not a common problem, where do you guys suggest starting. ive had the door panel off and all wires look ok and so do the wires going from the door to the fender.
Old Sep 30, 2015, 12:14 AM
Evolved Member

Received 89 Likes on 86 Posts
Originally Posted by UnholyMaggot
So it started acting up early this year but now its just stopped working, Key fob and the switches inside will not lock or unlock drivers door. i have to use the key to lock and unlock or hit the lock its self above the door handle in the car, all other doors respond fine with the fob and the door switches. Was this a common problem? if so what was the fix. if it is not a common problem, where do you guys suggest starting. ive had the door panel off and all wires look ok and so do the wires going from the door to the fender.
so the unlock switch does not work either? if so, it's probably the lock actuator in the latch assembly if you're sure it's not wiring.
Old Sep 30, 2015, 05:23 AM

Originally Posted by CrAnSwIcK
so the unlock switch does not work either? if so, it's probably the lock actuator in the latch assembly if you're sure it's not wiring.
Yea the switch doesn't work either. Works to all other doors but drivers side.
Old Oct 5, 2015, 04:37 PM

If its making noise but not doing the work the shaft connected between the actuator and the lock mechanisim could be stuck on something. If it isn't making any noise in the door then the actuator or power to the actuator is a problem. To test for power just use a volt meter and check for a spike.

I had some body repair done at a body shop, and when they but the door liners back on (thin plastic with tar goop) back on they were super sloppy and got it all over the linkage and the actuator couldn't over power it. The was only 1 of a dozen things they screwed up...
Old Dec 21, 2015, 10:37 AM

Originally Posted by UnholyMaggot
I had the same problem for a couple years. It's really annoying.

Check out this thread: https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/mi...or-needed.html

More than likely it's the little $5 motor that powers the actuator that died. The best route to go is to fix it yourself, otherwise, you'll end up paying at least $200 for the part and labor from a shop. The thread I linked includes detail pics of the removal process. The first motor I bought had the wrong shaft on the end, the second one I bought, still available here (http://www.ebay.com/itm/111182112752...649&rmvSB=true) is the correct one.
Old Jun 8, 2018, 10:35 PM

Having the same issue, driver door will not lock electronically but all other doors are fine. I replaced the following
- Central switch on the driver door
-ETACS
-door actuator
What could this be?
Old Jul 21, 2019, 09:53 AM
Evolving Member

Similar issue buy mine works fine unless its parked outside in the heat. When it is hot I need to use the key. I think its the linkage binding up on something. I'll have to take it apart and see if I can figure out what is binding.