Notices

New to EvoM: My introduction.

Old Nov 12, 2015, 06:49 AM
Evolved Member

Received 36 Likes on 36 Posts
You taken apart the head yet? You want me to come over and help out anytime soon?

Time to start ordering stuff actually. Soon as you can get all the parts ordered and we get that head rebuilt we can spend a weekend putting it back together.
Old Nov 15, 2015, 05:03 AM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
C'mon buzzkid, get'er done and post pics for us. You're lucky to have Bakuro there to teach you, don't make him wait
Old Nov 15, 2015, 09:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well i'm slowly taking apart the head and taking pictures as I go, but I don't know if you all want me to post them now or when I get done??/
Old Nov 15, 2015, 09:41 PM
kaj
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 812 Likes on 677 Posts
welcome! i love projects. good luck, man. sounds like you have a handle on it. there is lots, lots, lots of info to be found here, but you already know that. search like crazy, ask questions for stuff you can't find, and ignore the inevitable trolls.

above all, have fun. it's easy to loose sight of that when a build gets stressful.....not that i would know anything about that........
Old Nov 15, 2015, 09:48 PM

Take pics as you go? I'd like to see ��
Old Nov 15, 2015, 10:15 PM

Okay ill take some more pictures on Tuesday and post them. sounds good???
Old Nov 15, 2015, 11:56 PM

Sounds good. We all will be waiting.
Old Nov 17, 2015, 09:12 PM

Well i almost got it taken apart but got frustrated and took a really long break.so now its not to late to get the rest of it taken apart but ill save that for another day. so here you can see that i gotta replace all of my intake valves.
New to EvoM: My introduction.-unnamed-15-.jpg
here you can see that it has a nice color to it, and omg taking those bolts out to get the head off of the engine freaking sucked. they smelled to high heaven, thanks josh for having me smell them.
New to EvoM: My introduction.-unnamed-12-.jpg
so i brought it into the spare bedroom because forget the cold weather. As i was about to start working on it my cat Thor thought i would need some help since josh wasn't there.
New to EvoM: My introduction.-unnamed-14-.jpgNew to EvoM: My introduction.-unnamed-11-.jpgNew to EvoM: My introduction.-unnamed.jpg
here are some pictures of all the stuff i got off of it today.
New to EvoM: My introduction.-unnamed-1-.jpgNew to EvoM: My introduction.-unnamed-2-.jpgNew to EvoM: My introduction.-unnamed-3-.jpgNew to EvoM: My introduction.-unnamed-4-.jpgNew to EvoM: My introduction.-unnamed-13-.jpg
so i was taking it apart and i pause a bit to check inside intake manifold. that thing was dirty as hell.
New to EvoM: My introduction.-unnamed-5-.jpgNew to EvoM: My introduction.-unnamed-6-.jpgNew to EvoM: My introduction.-unnamed-7-.jpg.
also i checked the egr valve, now i see why josh is telling me to close it off and take it off.
New to EvoM: My introduction.-unnamed-8-.jpg
and this is what stopped me today, it was pissing me off because i cant get it off of there. josh told me how to do it but ill end up having to try that out Thursday.
New to EvoM: My introduction.-unnamed-9-.jpgNew to EvoM: My introduction.-unnamed-10-.jpg
Old Nov 17, 2015, 09:28 PM
kaj
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 812 Likes on 677 Posts
what ever you do, do NOT clean the black coating from the inside of the throttle body LOL
Old Nov 17, 2015, 11:47 PM

Dang. Mine next ??
That's lot of work lol
Old Nov 18, 2015, 06:29 AM
Evolved Member

There ya go! Nice work man! And I couldnt let you miss out on the smell of those head bolts... You have to get the full experience... LMAO

Those black spacers on the intake manifold, throw them in a baggy with your fuel injectors. Dont lose them, they have to be there for the fuel rail to line up properly.

And i told you the inside of that manifold would be black didnt I? LOL Dont worry some oven cleaner, brake cleaner, and a pressure washer will take care of it. It'll be nice and shiny before we put it back on.
Old Nov 18, 2015, 11:09 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by bakuro117
Dont worry some oven cleaner, brake cleaner, and a pressure washer will take care of it. It'll be nice and shiny before we put it back on.
OR...

much more fun....
just make sure to remove ANYTHING and EVERYTHING meltable or flammable from and from near the intake..
Old Nov 24, 2015, 01:15 PM
Evolved Member

Welcome to EvoM my friend!
So glad to hear that we have another addition to our #RalliartLife family. Keep up the great work and don't give in to those nasty hurdles (head bolt smell lmfao). If you need anything at all, EvoM has everything you need from tips and tricks to detailed how-to guides.
Please enjoy our RA responsibly...
Cheers brother!
Old Nov 25, 2015, 06:33 AM
Evolved Member

Stopped by and helped Buzz get that cam position sensor cover off. Took some work with a rubber mallet and a big screw driver. But I got it. IDK if he'll post any time soon but he sent me pics of his head rebuild kit that just came in from RockAuto. Once he's ready we'll take the head to the shop and get it rebuilt.
Old Nov 25, 2015, 10:42 AM
Evolved Member

Received 89 Likes on 86 Posts
oh yeah, **** I pulled my old head off, the valves in #4 don't look that bad...I just need to find time to pull them out...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: New to EvoM: My introduction.