Notices

Cluster and tail light problems

Old Nov 19, 2015, 07:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cluster and tail light problems

Hey guys, my car's cluster lights and rear left tail light has stopped working, the brake light works though, thank goodness. I tried to replace the bulb but hat didnt make a difference in the tail light and i swapped the fuses for the cluster and the cruise control and neither did that, anyone experience anything like this yet?
Old Nov 19, 2015, 07:39 AM

Originally Posted by TheJugganawt
Hey guys, my car's cluster lights and rear left tail light has stopped working, the brake light works though, thank goodness. I tried to replace the bulb but hat didnt make a difference in the tail light and i swapped the fuses for the cluster and the cruise control and neither did that, anyone experience anything like this yet?
Also only the gauge backlights dont work, all other little symbols like engine, srs, abs, cruise control, etc. Are still in working order, i hope im not the only one DX
Old Nov 19, 2015, 01:32 PM
Evolved Member

Received 89 Likes on 86 Posts
do your license plate lights work? also does your left position light work? (small amber light inside the headlight lens)
Old Nov 20, 2015, 01:07 AM
Evolved Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
One of the 7.5 fuses under the hood has blown iirc. Used to happen to me a lot. Not sure what caused the fuse to blow before.
Old Nov 20, 2015, 03:38 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Raikiri
One of the 7.5 fuses under the hood has blown iirc. Used to happen to me a lot. Not sure what caused the fuse to blow before.

you're right, fuse 21 under the hood
Old Nov 22, 2015, 02:26 PM

Thanks for the help guys but unfortunately it still isnt working, im going to start searching around the fusebox to see if maybe something went sour
Old Nov 23, 2015, 06:56 AM
Evolved Member

you sure you checked the right fuse? cause literally everything you say is not working, works on the same fuse...also do the lights that I asked about work? my guess is no...check the wiring from the battery to the fuse, and from the fuse to the first splice or junction.
Old Nov 23, 2015, 08:46 AM
Evolved Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
Were talking about under the hood in the engine bay. Not the one inside the car just so we're clear
Old Nov 23, 2015, 10:05 AM

Originally Posted by CrAnSwIcK
you sure you checked the right fuse? cause literally everything you say is not working, works on the same fuse...also do the lights that I asked about work? my guess is no...check the wiring from the battery to the fuse, and from the fuse to the first splice or junction.
My b forgot to answer that but yeah they do work, i will check those today thanks!
Old Nov 23, 2015, 10:07 AM

Were talking about under the hood in the engine bay. Not the one inside the car just so we're clear
Yeah i dont even think there is a fuse 21 in the cabin fusebox
Old Dec 14, 2015, 05:17 PM

Originally Posted by TheJugganawt
Alright yall, after checking the fuses, we got one of my dad's friends who also happens to be a mechanic to check out the car and he rewired it, the car is fine now, when we pulled the wire it didnt show any visible signs of damage, wire fray or burns, etc. just thought i'd conclude this, thanks for the help guys!
Old Dec 14, 2015, 07:56 PM
Evolved Member

so what was the problem? which wire was it? if it was the green-yellow wire from the fuse to the splice, your left position light, or license plate lights would not have worked, contrary to what you said. it would have had to be two separate wires to cause the symptoms you described, or the splice was damaged, in which case you would not have needed to pull any wires, and just repair the splice. in any case, it's good to hear it's sorted out, wiring faults can be tricky...believe me, I pay my bills diagnosing electrical and avionics systems, and I've had to work on some doozies.

can you strip the wire, or meter the wire, cut it in half, meter both halves, and so on to find the break, to see what happend? I'm curious cause I had a similar problem. I had to rewire my main MFI power feed to the ECU power supply...I never pulled the wire, I just piggybacked a new one...

Last edited by CrAnSwIcK; Dec 14, 2015 at 08:09 PM.
Old Jan 2, 2016, 07:42 PM

Dull cluster gauge lights

Hello my dash cluster lights are not the very bright even with the dimmer set to high ? So i replaced the bulbs with L E D s but still they are not much brighter ? I'm told I might need a new dimmer control switch ? Can anyone help ? Cheers guys 👽