Notices

Ready to start build

Search this Thread

Old Dec 5, 2015, 06:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ready to start build

Hi guys newbie here! I bought a 04 Ralliart auto (completely stock) 2 months back and I'm ready to start adding performance parts although I'm on a budget 3k (for now) anyways I was thinking starting with internals? What do you guys think any suggestion? Links to parts or performance shop online would be greatly appreciated(: Also willing to pay for custom made parts!
- thanks

Last edited by Oscarthagrouch; Dec 7, 2015 at 12:34 AM.
Old Dec 6, 2015, 11:23 AM

I see your missing your front lip like me. But your car looks very nice
Old Dec 6, 2015, 05:24 PM

Originally Posted by 1slowsti
I see your missing your front lip like me. But your car looks very nice
Yeah it fell off (long story) I still have the lip I just need to get the clips that hold it
Old Dec 6, 2015, 06:48 PM

At least you had it. I did t have the lip. And had the all the hardware that keeps it to the bumper
Old Dec 6, 2015, 11:44 PM
Evolved Member

Received 89 Likes on 86 Posts
if you're not looking to build a race car, then why do you want to build a block? you know "internals" is just pistons, rods, and bearings, right? and unless you increase compression dramatically, it doesn't add any power what so ever...also that would eat up your 3k pretty quickly...and you'd have nothing to show for it, cause you'd still need to tune the darn thing...custom made parts? custom made what? 3,000 isn't a lot of money when it comes to modifying cars...heck a good set of coilovers is about 1/3 of that, if you buy new.

when was your timing belt replaced? what do your struts/shocks, brakes, tie rods, ball joints, bushings, endlinks etc. look like?...focus on those things first or it won't be reliable.

once all your maintenance is taken car of, and it's tip-top, suspension, tires and brakes should be improved first...power is not wise, and potentially dangerous for you, and others if those things are not improved before hand...

sorry if I sound like a dick, but you sound like you have no idea what you're doing...
Old Dec 7, 2015, 01:21 AM

Originally Posted by CrAnSwIcK
if you're not looking to build a race car, then why do you want to build a block? you know "internals" is just pistons, rods, and bearings, right? and unless you increase compression dramatically, it doesn't add any power what so ever...also that would eat up your 3k pretty quickly...and you'd have nothing to show for it, cause you'd still need to tune the darn thing...custom made parts? custom made what? 3,000 isn't a lot of money when it comes to modifying cars...heck a good set of coilovers is about 1/3 of that, if you buy new.

when was your timing belt replaced? what do your struts/shocks, brakes, tie rods, ball joints, bushings, endlinks etc. look like?...focus on those things first or it won't be reliable.

once all your maintenance is taken car of, and it's tip-top, suspension, tires and brakes should be improved first...power is not wise, and potentially dangerous for you, and others if those things are not improved before hand...

sorry if I sound like a dick, but you sound like you have no idea what you're doing...
Not looking to build a race car at the time I rather have started with internals incase I had gotten to that point in the future who knows 5 years from now i wasnt in a rush to build it that's why I decided my budget so low I have more money than that to spend and I'm going to have alot more in a couple months but im not willing to spend it all at once for this car because i have other projects in hand but anyways now that I have a new daily I might sell the Ralliart and just focus on my cadi i loves classics
Old Dec 7, 2015, 05:01 AM
Evolved Member

Received 89 Likes on 86 Posts
Originally Posted by Oscarthagrouch
Not looking to build a race car at the time I rather have started with internals incase I had gotten to that point in the future who knows 5 years from now i wasnt in a rush to build it that's why I decided my budget so low I have more money than that to spend and I'm going to have alot more in a couple months but im not willing to spend it all at once for this car because i have other projects in hand but anyways now that I have a new daily I might sell the Ralliart and just focus on my cadi i loves classics

skip the internals...do suspension (sway bar), brakes and tires like I said...after the maintenance is caught up, of course, and then engine mounts, shifter bushings, and get it tuned, and you'll be very happy with how it drives...if you're already on the fence about selling it, then building a motor for it, is already a waste of time and money.