Notices

Aftermarket Seats

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28, 2016, 04:53 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Aftermarket Seats

I usually dont ask questions about these kind of things and end up figuring em out after research and trial n error. But in this case, im curious to see if anyone can help.
Ive been looking long and hard for years, for aftermarket brackets and rails for the 04-06 ralliart, or lancer es, oz...
I know Kelve or whoever bought his ride has got status seats, and ive seen other people over the years with aftermarket seats, mostly in asia. To be specific, i saw this guy in saskatchewan with brides, but i couldnt get to look at the brackets.
Long story short, im fed up with my seat, and bought a status gt seat, black cloth, bla bla.
Ive seen the binary lowering bracket seat thread on the evo 8-9 forum, and thats what helped me the most. And after playing around with our 06 ralliart, i realized the brackets arent exactly the same as the evos. With that said, the passenger side is. Actually, on the drivers side, the front 2 brackets are the same as an evo, and so is the rear window side bracket, although the bracket that fits near the armrest isnt.
Theres plenty of companys that make quality aftermarket brackets. For example, planted or whatever, but youll never ever, did i say ever, find an aftermarket bracket for a while. Doesnt surprise me, but thats why i need some help.
Who has an aftermarket seats and what did you do? So kelve or the guy who bought his car would be a little helpful here...
Id refer you guys to the binary lowering brackets for an evo, but then youd have to see how our drivers seat is installed and youll understand what i mean.
Long story short, curious if anyones got an answer.
ps if anyones interested in a black leather/ red stiched, almost mint condit drivers seat, im sellin it for 500. One of a kind
Old Jan 29, 2016, 03:46 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I can't help you about the seat rails. However, the guy who bought K3lv's Ralliart listed it on Craigslist Vancouver a couple months ago. I think it has been sold.

I did find this snippet from K3lv about the seat rails on his show and shine post.

Thanks Christine! And yes I did have problems with aftermarket seats. Because I didn't go with the simple route of swapping in Evo Recaros, there was no bracket made for the seats I wanted, so I called Rhys Millen Racing and got a Lancer seat BRACKET, and it was no where close to bolting up to the holes on the Lancer. So we actually had to chop and reweld that bracket, add a top mount plate for the seat to bolt on to the bracket(it wasn't seat specific) to make it work.

Good news was it came with rails lol. Aside from that I drive around with my SRS light, my airbags must be disabled(knock on wood...), and I can drive without seatbelts(not that I do), and the passenger sensor light stays on.
Old Jan 29, 2016, 09:01 PM

Originally Posted by jcmaz
I can't help you about the seat rails. However, the guy who bought K3lv's Ralliart listed it on Craigslist Vancouver a couple months ago. I think it has been sold.

I did find this snippet from K3lv about the seat rails on his show and shine post.
Hey jcmaz,
Thanks for your input. I knew there wasnt anything bolt on, but i figured id try.
Ima go the do it yourself way, purchase planted evo 9 brackets, and see how off they are. Then ima modify em, make em fit, and get back to you guys with the how to style n ****.
Gotta love how complicated aftermarket parts are for our ride. Its pretty fustrating but when its all said n done, it makes for a unique mod.
I must say though, after 10-12 years of the 04-06 being out, im surprised theres so little people who have got info on this kind of mod.
Old Jan 30, 2016, 02:01 PM
Evolved Member

Received 89 Likes on 86 Posts
Originally Posted by RalliZen
I must say though, after 10-12 years of the 04-06 being out, im surprised theres so little people who have got info on this kind of mod.
I don't find it very surprising at all, most people don't put racing seats in their cars...you can't recline them, they're not more comfortable, they don't make your car any faster, or handle better, the weight savings are pretty minor, and cost is high...
Old Jan 31, 2016, 08:32 AM

Originally Posted by CrAnSwIcK
I don't find it very surprising at all, most people don't put racing seats in their cars...you can't recline them, they're not more comfortable, they don't make your car any faster, or handle better, the weight savings are pretty minor, and cost is high...
Ha, crans i hope hopin youd answer with somethin constructive or with a magical answer like x company makes some or, stop looking, make one yourself, ( with regards to the brackets ). But i feel you. I know there expensive, and i know most people dont usually install aftermarket seats. But my ride is everything but comfortable and practical. Truth is i want a bucket seat cuz im tired of slippin and sliding in that garbage, and in the end it affects the driving experience. I know most people got material seats, not leather. And thats where the majority of the problem is.
Thanks anyways. If you or anyone else is interested, ill share what i got and how i did it as soon as its installed. For the futur if anyone else wants to do it, they have some help
And ps, i only got one seat. Cuz god for bid i installed one on the passenger side, my wife would complain every minute shed be in it. Which she already does anyways but i dont wanna make things worse
Old Jan 31, 2016, 01:57 PM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Truth is i want a bucket seat cuz im tired of slippin and sliding in that garbage, and in the end it affects the driving experience. I know most people got material seats, not leather. And thats where the majority of the problem is.
The solution is called a CG-Lock. Best money I spent next to sticky tires.
Old Jan 31, 2016, 02:14 PM
Evolved Member

Ha, crans i hope hopin youd answer with somethin constructive or with a magical answer like x company makes some or, stop looking, make one yourself, ( with regards to the brackets ). But i feel you. I know there expensive, and i know most people dont usually install aftermarket seats. But my ride is everything but comfortable and practical. Truth is i want a bucket seat cuz im tired of slippin and sliding in that garbage, and in the end it affects the driving experience. I know most people got material seats, not leather. And thats where the majority of the problem is.
Thanks anyways. If you or anyone else is interested, ill share what i got and how i did it as soon as its installed. For the futur if anyone else wants to do it, they have some help
And ps, i only got one seat. Cuz god for bid i installed one on the passenger side, my wife would complain every minute shed be in it. Which she already does anyways but i dont wanna make things worse
not meaning to be destructive, I'm just saying I'm not surprised at all, cause I've seen it done almost never, and even then, no one who's done it has never really said a whole lot about. I've never even looked into it, so I can't add anything constructive. have you looked into just making brackets for the stock brackets to accept a different seat?
Old Jan 31, 2016, 04:25 PM

Originally Posted by CrAnSwIcK
not meaning to be destructive, I'm just saying I'm not surprised at all, cause I've seen it done almost never, and even then, no one who's done it has never really said a whole lot about. I've never even looked into it, so I can't add anything constructive. have you looked into just making brackets for the stock brackets to accept a different seat?
Thats a good question, i have. Most of my research has been for a bucket fixed back seat that doesnt recline.
So with that said, on the seat, just below thigh pads, are pre-drilled holes. A bracket attaches to that. If you check status's site, youll see they sell the bracket im talking about.
Old Jan 31, 2016, 04:33 PM

Thats a good question, i have. Most of my research has been for a bucket fixed back seat that doesnt recline.
So with that said, on the seat, just below thigh pads, are pre-drilled holes. A bracket attaches to that. If you check status's site, youll see they sell the bracket im talking about. Its called a side mount.
The problem with our oem brackets and rails is these side mounts dont fit onto our oem brackets and rails.
Im assuming with a lot of time, and some materials, they could be modified. But, given the fact a planted, evo 8/9 seat bracket costs like a hundred bux, and almost fits, (fits in 3 out of the 4 mounting spots), it would require less modding, and it has multiple mounting positions to attach the side mounts to.
What ima do is take pictures of how the planted evo 8/9 bracket fits in the 06 ralliart. Then ill take picks of what needs to be modified.
From there, the side mounts just bolt on easily to the planted bracket.
Old Feb 1, 2016, 07:01 AM
Evolved Member

let us know.
Old Apr 6, 2016, 12:49 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Evo 8/9 seat brackets fit perfect in the ralliarts, i bought the sparco ones for my car. I bought rep sparco seats aswell and took a chance hoping the slider holes line up with the one on the brackets. Luckily they did, no modification required
Old Apr 7, 2016, 12:53 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by DirtyRalli
Evo 8/9 seat brackets fit perfect in the ralliarts, i bought the sparco ones for my car. I bought rep sparco seats aswell and took a chance hoping the slider holes line up with the one on the brackets. Luckily they did, no modification required
perfect! there's the one of the two people I know of that have swapped seats.
Old Apr 7, 2016, 03:33 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There also reclinable

The only pic i have of them installed since i did it end of season last year
Old Apr 10, 2016, 09:26 PM

Originally Posted by DirtyRalli

There also reclinable

The only pic i have of them installed since i did it end of season last year
Thanks for the feedback. Good job they look sick by the way. I just took my ride out last weekend. I received the status seat, side mount, and planted seat bracket about a month ago. Visualy the four bolts for the bracket seems like theyll mount up perfectly. You gotta try or youll never know with these things. I didnt get sliders, and i realized the side mounts from status arent made to bolt directly to a planted seat base. Their is plenty of room to drill holes, but i figure itll be much more practical to have sliders. I bought them from status's website. Should arrive any day. Ill keep you all posted
Old Jun 14, 2016, 01:41 PM

So Sparco evo 7-9 seat rails fit the 06 RA? What about the factory rails for a 7-9? will they fit too?

Quick Reply: Aftermarket Seats