Notices

Opinion on head light covers?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25, 2016, 09:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Opinion on head light covers?

Hey guys!

I was just wondering two questions.

1. Do you think that the 06 lancer headlight covers are a good idea, or leave it the way it is? This is something that I see a lot of people do, but I always can tell that it's way too noticable. I didn't think of doing it, however I came across this video and I actually almost cant notice it.

2. Do you think this guy painted on the lights and thats why it isn't noticable? OR is it just covers that were painted as well.

I know it all boils down to personal preference at the end of the day and ofcourse I like the way the Evo looks, and I'd love to do a front end swap but it seems near impossible/extremely pricy.

Anyways, here is the video:

Many thanks!

~Brad
Old Mar 26, 2016, 05:06 PM
Evolved Member

Received 89 Likes on 86 Posts
looks like regular old fiberglass eyelids...paint them, stick em' on with 3m double sided tape...I think the main reason they're not noticeable is that video is super low resolution, I can barely make out the door and hood gaps...I'd rather have the eyelids...
Old Mar 26, 2016, 05:07 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I am guessing you are talking about the eyelids over the top of the headlights. I like the look. I think it looks more aggressive with them. I have heard the tape that holds them on can ruin the headlight lens over time. I ordered some Plastidip paint a couple days ago that I am going to try to paint the top of mine. It will be easy to take off if I change my mind.
Old Mar 26, 2016, 10:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the help guys! I think that you are right Cran. It's probably a low resolution picture, plus it looks like white shows a lot less than darker colours. Might just stick without it. I love the EVO look, but I'm actually not a huge fan of the eye lid.

Thanks again guys!