Notices

Ricer?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22, 2016, 10:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ricer?

I never like to do any outside mods to my car in fear that people will just think I'm an average ricer, but the paint job and overall few scratches make me want an overhaul, first off I wanted to upgrade from my aftermarket CAI to a custom Y-pipe into the front bumper in front of both tires, problem I need to get a tad bit bigger bumper, JUST A TAD! Air filters are blue, as are all my pipes,looms, braided hoses, rocker cover, heat shield, so I figured I'd dip the car in a flex blue, and contrast it with a carbon fiber hood, wrap the roof and trunk, and black enkei rims(weight reduction) but I'm worried that these few tiny things are enough to call it rice, ugh I hate what poor car bastards have done to the tuning world
Old Apr 22, 2016, 11:39 AM
Evolving Member

Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts
So you're worried about being put in the ricer category, but you're going to put a double intake on a 4 cylinder?
Old Apr 25, 2016, 12:47 PM

Well everything in the engine bay was actually pretty pristine, and painted, and all shiny, but the stock airbox was cracked to **** that the air filter was no use, so I had to put a short ram intake in it but itthe temp idle sits around 140-160 Fahrenheit so yea
Old Apr 25, 2016, 03:41 PM

Originally Posted by Epyon
So you're worried about being put in the ricer category, but you're going to put a double intake on a 4 cylinder?
And yea I still feel you, this car goes ****ing nowhere, but I'm going to try and make it look pretty, sell it for a decent price, and buy an acura TL
Type S cause it's what I really wanted.
Old Apr 26, 2016, 05:03 AM
Evolving Member

Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts
If you're wanting to sell it for a fair amount. Get a replacement stock intake that looks clean and keep the car as stock as you can, you'll get more money for it.
Old Apr 26, 2016, 11:25 AM
Evolved Member

Received 36 Likes on 36 Posts
Originally Posted by Eric Loiselle
I wanted to upgrade from my aftermarket CAI to a custom Y-pipe into the front bumper in front of both tires,
Just curious of what you mean by this. Do you have a picture of this being done?
Old Apr 26, 2016, 12:32 PM
Evolved Member

Received 89 Likes on 86 Posts
what advantage do you figure a Y-pipe will provide? the Y would have to be before the MAF, so regardless of how many intakes you have, you still only have one 2.5" MAF and one throttle body, you'll always be limited to one intake path...Also your passenger side intake would have to pass by the engine/exhaust, causing heat soak issues...even if you wrapped it, it gets pretty hot on that side...remember the engine can only move so much air volume per cycle, and you're not forcing more air into the motor by having more than one intake...you're better off sticking with the CAI you have...if you think the current intake system is too restrictive, go to a larger diameter intake and throttlebody, and get a tune, so you can either scale the MAF or run speed density. I don't think it will make much difference.