Notices

Will evo radiator fit Ralliart?

Search this Thread

Old May 14, 2016, 10:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Will evo radiator fit Ralliart?

Hey what's up guys. Got good news today I got my RA back its been out for a month due to a bad transmission. Bad news was I found a leak on the radiator on the bottom portion. I was wondering if you guys could help me out and tell me if a evo 8/9 radiator will fit my 05 Ralliart? I've been searching on the fourms but cant seem to find it or maybe im not searching to hard lol. Any help is a big help. Again thanks!
Old May 15, 2016, 06:22 PM
Evolved Member

Received 89 Likes on 86 Posts
Originally Posted by rallyjr27
Hey what's up guys. Got good news today I got my RA back its been out for a month due to a bad transmission. Bad news was I found a leak on the radiator on the bottom portion. I was wondering if you guys could help me out and tell me if a evo 8/9 radiator will fit my 05 Ralliart? I've been searching on the fourms but cant seem to find it or maybe im not searching to hard lol. Any help is a big help. Again thanks!
is your car have an auto tranny? cause an Evo rad won't have a transmission cooler...I don't know for sure, but i'm fairly certain some people have used the Evo 8/9 mishimoto racing radiators.
Old May 15, 2016, 06:36 PM
Evolved Member

Received 36 Likes on 36 Posts
yea it will work your issue will be the fans. Evo radiators use a pusher fan in front of the AC condenser on the passenger side, then a puller fan (like the RA's) on driver side.

Like crans said if you are Auto an evo radiator wil not have an internally built tranny cooler. But you could always pick up an external cooler for 70-80 bucks and plumb it up like i did.
Old May 16, 2016, 08:30 PM

Originally Posted by CrAnSwIcK
is your car have an auto tranny? cause an Evo rad won't have a transmission cooler...I don't know for sure, but i'm fairly certain some people have used the Evo 8/9 mishimoto racing radiators.
Thanks for replying guys. And no, my Ralliart is stick. So what you guys are saying is that it will fit, but I will need to get another fan set up?
Old May 16, 2016, 10:49 PM
Evolved Member

Received 89 Likes on 86 Posts
Thanks for replying guys. And no, my Ralliart is stick. So what you guys are saying is that it will fit, but I will need to get another fan set up?
stock fans for the Evo might even work...but why not just replace with a replacement rad? they're only $100 Canadian on rockauto.com, i'm pretty sure that's like 50 cents American...
Old May 16, 2016, 11:02 PM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
haha, something doesn't seem right about that CAN to USD conversion.

I recently bought a radiator for my 04 ralliart, rockauto was out of stock when i checked and I ended up getting this.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/152058967012?_trksid=p2060353.m2763.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
Great finish, fast shipping, worked fine for the 15 minutes I had my car on. The only thing is that the flanges where the passenger fan sits on are non existent! I was able to find a way to hold it down though, very happy with it. So shiny!

Looks like you're looking for a professional fitment though, just thought I'd share my recent experience.
Old May 17, 2016, 05:50 PM

Originally Posted by CrAnSwIcK
stock fans for the Evo might even work...but why not just replace with a replacement rad? they're only $100 Canadian on rockauto.com, i'm pretty sure that's like 50 cents American...
I just wanted to weigh my options and im considering going with the replacement radiator. That way i dont create myself another headache with parts/fitment.I found some reasonable price radiator on ebay and car ID.com
Old May 17, 2016, 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by Tw3NTy0n3
haha, something doesn't seem right about that CAN to USD conversion.

I recently bought a radiator for my 04 ralliart, rockauto was out of stock when i checked and I ended up getting this.

Full Aluminum Radiator for Mitsubishi Lancer 2002 2007 2 0 2 4 L4 MT 2448 | eBay

Great finish, fast shipping, worked fine for the 15 minutes I had my car on. The only thing is that the flanges where the passenger fan sits on are non existent! I was able to find a way to hold it down though, very happy with it. So shiny!

Looks like you're looking for a professional fitment though, just thought I'd share my recent experience.
cool!Now that's what i was exactly was looking for very nice part. How and what method did you hold down the fans? If you dont mind me asking.
Old May 18, 2016, 12:00 PM
Evolving Member

cool!Now that's what i was exactly was looking for very nice part. How and what method did you hold down the fans? If you dont mind me asking.
As I mentioned before, the passenger side of the radiator doesn't have the bottom two flanges that the passenger side fan usually sits on (circled in yellow). so I needed to find a way to hold it down.

Now, the passenger side fan usually overlaps the driver side fan by half an inch or so (circled in green) when they're both mounted. What I did was overlap the driver side fan over the passenger side fan so that it can help hold the fan down in place. I had to cut off a piece of plastic off of the passenger side fan that was in the way (circled in red).

One thing I forgot to mention, the driver side fan will need two new bolts. They're the same exact bolts that the passenger side fan uses but just a little bit longer, no big deal.

Once mounted, it looks great. I'm sure you can find other ways to hold the fan in place though, maybe some zip ties? I figured this was the cleanest looking solution. Since this is an aftermarket radiator, it's a little bit thicker so the clearance between the fan and the alternator is slim. Just something to keep in mind.

Old May 23, 2016, 02:04 PM
Evolving Member

Iv mounted a megan rad with mishimoto slim fans no problem, got 12 inch fans but maybe shouldve went with the 14 inch
Old May 23, 2016, 02:21 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by DirtyRalli
Iv mounted a megan rad with mishimoto slim fans no problem, got 12 inch fans but maybe shouldve went with the 14 inch
Can you link to the slim fans? I was so close to getting the megan radiator but couldn't find a source that said which fans it pairs up with so I saved the money and went the safe route.
Old May 23, 2016, 11:28 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Tw3NTy0n3
Can you link to the slim fans? I was so close to getting the megan radiator but couldn't find a source that said which fans it pairs up with so I saved the money and went the safe route.
Doesnt have to be the mishimoto slim fans, any universal slim fan will work as long as you buy the fan mounting kit which is relatively cheap