Notices

AC works great... but will not shut off!

Old Jun 21, 2019, 05:09 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
AC works great... but will not shut off!

Hey guys,

Strange problem here, the AC system on my (new to me) 04 Lancer Ralliart Sportback works great, nice and cold... but when driving it home through the mountains of Colorado I wanted to save fuel by just running the fan with outside air instead of recirculation... but when I hit the AC button it stays green and the AC system keeps running. I am NOT in the defrost setting BTW.

Later,

Keith

PS: Saw what looked like a throttle cable on what I think may be the cruise control system... isn't the 4g69 DBW?
Old Jun 24, 2019, 07:52 PM
Evolved Member

Received 89 Likes on 86 Posts
Originally Posted by Fourdoor
Hey guys,

Strange problem here, the AC system on my (new to me) 04 Lancer Ralliart Sportback works great, nice and cold... but when driving it home through the mountains of Colorado I wanted to save fuel by just running the fan with outside air instead of recirculation... but when I hit the AC button it stays green and the AC system keeps running. I am NOT in the defrost setting BTW.

Later,

Keith

PS: Saw what looked like a throttle cable on what I think may be the cruise control system... isn't the 4g69 DBW?
cruise control is electronic...throttle cable goes from the pedal to the APPS ( accelerator pedal position sensor) behind the right headlight. have you tried just pressing the AC button a couple times, or a little harder? mine is kind of finicky like that...also make sure your temp control is not set to max AC.

Search this Thread