Notices

Passenger airbag recall

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2018, 07:55 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Passenger airbag recall

I havent seen any posts about it but was wondering if anyone got a notice about the passenger airbag ignitor recall?. I took my car in this past monday to have it done, took like an hour in a half for the tech to do it, got some scratches on my pristine dashboard passenger side and some greasy finger prints on the faux carbon fiber dash trim and i was not happy about it
Old Jan 17, 2018, 06:35 AM

Yeah, mine was done last year. My dealership treated the car nice, although the sales dept people tried to get me to buy a new Lancer and offered $200 for mine. $200!?!?!?
Old Jan 17, 2018, 08:43 AM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
I got the notice and ignored it. Because I'll let NOBODY take my dashboard off or apart. Guaranteed to have some new rattles and squeaks later, and if plastic gets scuffed you are SOL.
Old Jan 30, 2018, 11:44 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I saw that my car was on the list when it was first made public, so I called the dealer and had it scheduled the next day. The notification letters hadn't even gone out yet. They didn't do any damage to my car, and I don't have to worry about the airbag killing one of my family members in a wreck.

I suppose if you only drive alone, it's not such a risk, assuming that the shrapnel flies straight back and not towards you.
Old Mar 8, 2019, 04:30 PM

I've "had mine done" and when I picked it up 6 hours later( i know the job takes maybe a half hour).. there were 2 new nuts on my floorboard(the ones that hold the airbag assembly in).. and I looked and saw there was the same air bag in it.. or atleast still a takata... I'm still planning to bring it back in.. but really? I only know about this **** a bit because I work at honda and i've replaced 100's of airbags.. for anyone who wants to know the dealer.. it was Columbus North mitsubishi in Ohio. Anyone know any good dealers in ohio? Ricart Mitsubishi also fried my PCM during an update recall and refused me a loaner car for the 6 months they had it..