Notices

Stereo Wiring Diagram

Old Sep 17, 2004, 05:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stereo Wiring Diagram

I am going to replace the stereo in my Ralliart and I was wondering if anyone had the wiring diagram for the amp under the drivers seat (I got the sun and sound package). Can anyone tell me how to bypass the stock amp so that i can run my own amps and Head unit? Thanks.

Jon
Old Sep 17, 2004, 07:29 PM
EvoM Administrator

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Search around the forums, there are already numerous threads on this. Basically, www.soundgate.com makes a couple of adapters that will help you out.
Old Sep 18, 2004, 04:11 AM

Unfortunately the Head Unit and the AMP that comes with the Sun and Sound package are designed specifically for each other and there is no way to add additional components to the existing setup unless you use various adapters. It is an OEM configuration that has been accoustically tuned and designed for the RalliArt.

A friend of mine owns an audio shop and they took apart the entire Sun and Sound stereo system within a RalliArt (not mine). They said it was the best factory installation job they have ever seen. However, the head unit only has one connector that goes straight to the AMP as such there is no built in AMP within the head unit. All new componenets will have to be connected to the existing AMP using an appropriate adapter.

Your best bet would be to get a new head unit of your choice and replace the old one. Get a new amp for the speakers within the car... tweeters and mids ... and get a dedicated amp for a sub box in the trunk. Unfortunately the sub in the trunk will have to be replaced as any other amp will definately blow the current one.

Best of luck!
Old Sep 18, 2004, 06:33 AM

I am not trying to use the existing amp and head unit, I am going to install my own amp and HU. I just need to a diagram of the factory amp under the seat so I can bypass it. Thanks.
Old Sep 18, 2004, 08:13 AM

Since you won't be using the head unit or the AMP, just take them out! No need to bypass.

There are no diagrams available. I have contacted various resources including Mitsu and they don' t have any.
Old Sep 18, 2004, 10:48 AM

That sucks. Thanks.

Jon