Notices

will Toyo Proxes 4 fit RA?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 19, 2004, 10:45 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
will Toyo Proxes 4 fit RA?

ok, the toyo site has a tire reccomender...it actually has the ra in the database...it reccomends three tires, the Proxes 4, the t1-s, and the tpt....and then, I saw another tire website that when i entered in the ralliart info, (again, they knew what a ralliart was...im in shock) it said the proxes 4 would not fit the ralliart...does anyone have them on their car? if so, would it be possible for you to write a write up on them...how you like them, how they handle etc.? post pics if possible..id like to see them on the RA...thank you!!!
Old Oct 19, 2004, 11:25 PM
Evolved Member

On the stock 16" rim they will fit. They also make a 205/45/17 if you have 17" wheels.
Old Oct 19, 2004, 11:29 PM
Evolved Member

Toyo makes tires that will fit pretty much anything just make sure you get the right size for your wheels
Old Oct 19, 2004, 11:33 PM
Evolved Member

i have 205/40/17 proxes 4's and they are great i love em
Old Oct 20, 2004, 09:09 AM
Evolving Member

I have the FZ4 215/40/17, but I am not a diggin them much. They seem to have horrible wet traction, and the dry traction is just on par with the stock potenzas. When I get new tires I am going back to, I want to say, the potenza re750 (this might be the wrong number). But nevertheless if you want good wet traction I would not recommend the proxes.
Old Oct 20, 2004, 09:48 AM
Evolved Member

I have a set of 205/40/17 Proxes 4 on my car, and they are absolutely great. Real good wet traction as well, and the tread wear is good as well. I'd definitely recommend them.
Old Oct 21, 2004, 11:23 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by xstephenx
I have the FZ4 215/40/17, but I am not a diggin them much. They seem to have horrible wet traction, and the dry traction is just on par with the stock potenzas. When I get new tires I am going back to, I want to say, the potenza re750 (this might be the wrong number). But nevertheless if you want good wet traction I would not recommend the proxes.
The FZ4 are the cheaper of the toyo all season tires yes they should be on par with the stock potenza or the RSA's. Anyways the Proxes 4 is a good tire and is right up there for all season. But I still prefer the Pirelli Zero Nero for all season.
Old Oct 21, 2004, 11:53 PM
Evolving Member

YEah.. I am getting Pirelli P Zero Neros for mine as well.However I have been spoiled as Pirelli is really the only tire I like.The Nitto 555 'a are good too.However the 555R I wouldnt use on anything but dry ground.I just prefer Pirelli over anythign.I can get a set of P zero Neros for 109 a tire.. I got a hook up,hehe!! Anyways.. Toyo is a great company when it comes down to what you can afford.I had FZ4's on my Accord wagon,they were awsome,Even in the rain.However the RA is lighter than the Accord wagon and so I can see where they would be not as good in the rain for us.We are atelast 1k pound lighter than the wagon.. Vehicle weight has a lot ot do with how well certain tires will work in the rain.For Example FZ4's versus PRoxy 4's for the RA.. Just find what works well for you.The Proxy4's will fit.And if TOYO themnselves said it will fit then you can be assured they will fit.They are a reputable company and hold true to thier word.
Old Oct 22, 2004, 09:11 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by IllicitRalliart
YEah.. I am getting Pirelli P Zero Neros for mine as well.However I have been spoiled as Pirelli is really the only tire I like.The Nitto 555 'a are good too.However the 555R I wouldnt use on anything but dry ground.I just prefer Pirelli over anythign.I can get a set of P zero Neros for 109 a tire.. I got a hook up,hehe!! Anyways.. Toyo is a great company when it comes down to what you can afford.I had FZ4's on my Accord wagon,they were awsome,Even in the rain.However the RA is lighter than the Accord wagon and so I can see where they would be not as good in the rain for us.We are atelast 1k pound lighter than the wagon.. Vehicle weight has a lot ot do with how well certain tires will work in the rain.For Example FZ4's versus PRoxy 4's for the RA.. Just find what works well for you.The Proxy4's will fit.And if TOYO themnselves said it will fit then you can be assured they will fit.They are a reputable company and hold true to thier word.
Ok, my car weighs only 2400lbs (without me in it) and in the rain my Proxes4 stick like glue. I've never been in another FWD that has as much grip as mine in the rain - due to these tires.
Old Oct 23, 2004, 01:15 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by turbonutter
Ok, my car weighs only 2400lbs (without me in it) and in the rain my Proxes4 stick like glue. I've never been in another FWD that has as much grip as mine in the rain - due to these tires.
Not to start a flame war,casue thats where it sounds this is heading,But I wasnt saying the prxy 4's wont work or that they will.I was saying that I had the FZ4's on my Accord wagon and I lived in Fl where the rain comes like clockwork and they were just fine.They stuck like Glue in the rain as well.It all depends on the Vehicle weight and your application.For instance my Accord wagon weighed atleast 3400lbs.Throw in the full stereo system I had(4 -15" RF subs,6- RF 4 channel CHROME amps,and all the wiring,modulators,spare battery and other necessities) and with out my 125lb azz in ther it easily weighted 4000 lbs.The FZ$'s worked fine.I tried some other tires from Toyo and they werent as good as the FZ4's.. Thats all.IT basically depends on the weight of the vehicle as well as size,and width of the tire.
The RA's tires arent as wide or the same exact size of the Accord wagons tires.I know this for a fact becasue unless i was attending a car show I would have my stock 15's on there most of the time.However my Show rims were 18" chromes with Proxy FZ4's.. The tire at issue is the Proxy 4.The tire should be a personal preference.If he gets the PRoxy 4's or the FZ4's is up to him.If he doesnt like them after purchasing them he should find something that he feels comfortable in,Be it Toyo,Nitto,or whatever.. I was merely making a statement on my experience with toyos which was good,HOWEVER , if most people have used the FZ4's and didnt like them,then I wouldnt use them on the RA.Personally I am a pirelli person.Thats all I was saying.Sorry for hijacking the thread.

With that being said..
POINT BEING TIRES WILL VARY FROM VEHICLE TO VEHICLE IN ACCORDANCE WIHTHOW WELL THEY WORK..

Last edited by IllicitRalliart; Oct 23, 2004 at 01:17 AM.
Old Oct 23, 2004, 01:34 AM
Evolved Member

um, no it's cool, I wasn't getting defensive or anything, I'm just vouching for the 4's ability to work well in the rain - at least on my current car. My whole point was that the Proxes 4 are a good tire that perform well wet or dry, and they're relatively inexpensive.
Old Oct 23, 2004, 10:54 AM
Evolving Member

yeah i checked out the potenza re750's at a sears....they didn't look too bad...;-)
Old Oct 23, 2004, 10:55 AM
Evolving Member

i might go with those...however, are the re750's noticeably better than my stock potenzas?