Notices

Brake problem and confusion

Search this Thread

Old Jun 11, 2005, 10:55 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Brake problem and confusion

I discovered yesterday that I have a deep radial gogue in my rear passenger rotor due to uneven brake pad wear, and as a result I will need to purchase new pads and maybe new rear rotors. I've been fishing around for parts and there doesn't seem to be a lot brake parts available from the car chains. Pepboys has rear rotors for my car by Raysbestos for $18 and as I understand are as good as stock. I don't mind paying extra for better rotors, but I can't afford $120/rotor, and if I'm going to upgrade to slotted/crossdrilled, I'd like to do it to all four wheels, not just the rear ones. R1 sells their ebay kit for $180 for all 4 which sounds like a good deal, has anybody used these?

I also want to make sure, the rear rotors for the sportback are the same that's used on Ralliart sedans, right?
Old Jun 11, 2005, 11:21 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i think ur pretty safe assuming that the sportback and sedan share the rotors, but dont quote me on that. A few people mentioned ordering the R1s and I havnt heard anything bad about them. you always get what you pay for and I am sure they are better than the raysbestos. I say go for it. but let us know how they work out =) the weight is the only thing that I would be concerned about.
Old Jun 11, 2005, 01:10 PM
EvoM Administrator

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
R1 is probably the best deal you can get right now on x-drilled rotors. You could give RRM a call and see what they have to offer. I remember awhile back them mentioning that they have lower grade x-drilled rotors than the $180/pair ones listed on their site. By lower grade, I don't mean crap. It's just that the ones listed on the site are overkill for daily driving.