Notices

List All Coilovers That Will Fit The RA

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2, 2006, 06:26 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You can't go wrong with Tein Super Streets (16 way adjustable). The other ones could be as good or better, but not enough people have any info on them. Tein has been around and tested for years so that would probably be your best bet. If you want to try out one of the others then the Nex GT coilovers (4 way adjustable) or the Ksport Pro Coilovers (36 way adjustable) wouldn't be bad.
Old Apr 4, 2006, 08:35 AM

what kind of alignment issues will there be with the different types? do any of companies account for camber loss?
Old Apr 5, 2006, 09:46 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by nRgOfMithrandir
Sorry about that one, Tanabe was what i was referring to, and both the NF pro and GF pro would be nice thanks.
ooooh okay I get the model number for you from my tuner shop
Old Apr 7, 2006, 03:35 AM

Originally Posted by Pikachu
ooooh okay I get the model number for you from my tuner shop

Ok sweet, just either pm me or post them...thanks again

Dego
Old Apr 7, 2006, 09:35 AM
Former Sponsor

Will,

Ahh, now I see what you bought over those tein springs! Very nice.

Let us know what alignment specs you plan with and make sure to make your own post about the product and what you think.

Last edited by MitsuJoe; Apr 7, 2006 at 02:50 PM.
Old Apr 9, 2006, 09:30 AM

On the same subject...

Is this close?

Tein - @$800.00 Re-use upper mounts = no camber adjustment. (This gives Tein more coverage = Less sku's) but you have to R&R the mount from the O.E. strut.

NEX - @$730.00 Comes complete with upper mounts but are not adjustable for camber.

Ksport @$863.00 Comes complete with upper mounts that are adjustable for camber?

Ksport's website dosn't confirm this fact. Are there any Ksport dealers here that can open a box and take a look? If they do allow for adjustable camber, I would say they are worth every cent of the $63.00 they are priced over the Teins.

This vendor shows a picture with there ad, but as we all know pictures don't mean a whole lot.

http://www.ultrarev.com/Ksport_Kontr...05-p31247.html

http://72.3.236.181/files/images/pro...il/t_30864.jpg

Comments?
Old Apr 9, 2006, 07:08 PM

I would just like to address this issue, as a representative of JLB Motorsports.

Just to clarify, this customer provided a false quote. We agreed to price beat it based on verification of the quote (as is our company policy, and the policy of every retail company). After repeated requests for a written quote from the customer (willRalliart), it was apparent he could not provide one. We then took the time to call the dealer for a price quote, which turned out to be $150 higher than what willRalliart told us it was. We even asked the dealer if he could price match the original price that willRalliart gave us, and he said there was no way he could go that low.

In the meantime, we were notified by the manufacturer of the product that willRalliart made a post bragging about fooling us into pricematching. After all of this, we were still willing to go thru with his request to pricematch.

willRalliart states:

and I warn you the same if you want to keep your money...

This statement is completely false. In the end, we were not able to complete the order because (after repeated attempts to process the order), he was unable to pay. After the false pricematch request, pressure from the manufacturer, and his failure to be able to pay for the items, we were unable to process his order.

Any potential customers reading this should be aware that we have 100% positive feedback from all of our customers. willRalliart is not a customer of ours, as he was unable to pay for his merchandise. I am positive that all of our customers have been satisifed, but unfortunately I can't guarantee the same level of satisifaction for people that had no intent or means to buy our products, and repeatedly made false claims at that.

*EDIT* This is not meant to be an advertisement for sales for our company in anyway. Just clarification on the false informatin that willRalliart is stating. Anyone who wants to find out what we are really about is welcome to check any # of forums, ebay feedback, or call us.
Old Apr 24, 2006, 03:51 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by nRgOfMithrandir
Ok sweet, just either pm me or post them...thanks again

Dego
I am so sorry that I completely forgotten and that it took me sometime to confirm the model number.

Tanabe NF Series = NNCS5WK

Tanabe GF Series = GGCS5WK

Tanabe Protec SS Series = AACS5WK-A

The three above is for the JDM RA which I believe should be the same as the US model. Perhaps you could check with the Tanabe agent in the US?
Old Apr 24, 2006, 07:50 AM

Originally Posted by '04CSRA
Ksport's website dosn't confirm this fact. Are there any Ksport dealers here that can open a box and take a look? If they do allow for adjustable camber, I would say they are worth every cent of the $63.00 they are priced over the Teins.
Comments?
Yes, KSport's come with adjustable camber...I checked mine to verify
Old Apr 24, 2006, 09:44 AM
Former Sponsor

^^ Nice to see you back on here!
Old Sep 13, 2006, 12:08 PM

K-Sport GT Coilovers.

I highly reccomend the K-Sport GT Pro coilovers. A couple advantages over the Kontrol ones being the better adjustability, and the fact of these being inverted vs. standard. Anyone who's ridden a supersport motorcycle with standard forks and then inverted forks will tell you that response is much quicker, feel is better..the whole system just works better inverted. ultrarev.com has these coilovers for $1,000.00 anyway, so how could you possibly go wrong? I've had mine for a couple months and I'm loving the hell out of them.

Cheers!

- Rob
Old Sep 13, 2006, 12:35 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by cometrob
I highly reccomend the K-Sport GT Pro coilovers. A couple advantages over the Kontrol ones being the better adjustability, and the fact of these being inverted vs. standard. Anyone who's ridden a supersport motorcycle with standard forks and then inverted forks will tell you that response is much quicker, feel is better..the whole system just works better inverted. ultrarev.com has these coilovers for $1,000.00 anyway, so how could you possibly go wrong? I've had mine for a couple months and I'm loving the hell out of them.

Cheers!

- Rob
Thanks for the writeup. I am considering these or the Kontrols this winter. Have you messed with the camber on it yet?
Old Jan 13, 2007, 06:42 PM

Originally Posted by ThyPunko_PR
I was looking last week...So far (all that fit the OZ Lancer[CS6A] should fit the RA [CS7A]):

1) TEIN: http://www.tein.com/products.html

2 models> Basic & SS

2) KSport: http://www.ksportusa.com/products/coilovers.html

5 models> Kontrol Pro, GT Pro, Rally Spec GR, Rally Spec AR & Version RR (custom)

3) JIC Magic: http://www.jic-magic.com/index.htm

3 models> FLT-A1US/FLT-1US (coming soon), FLTA2, FLTA2-RS (custom)

Will the above Coil-Overs FIT a RalliArt [CS9A] ?
Old Jan 13, 2007, 06:54 PM

Originally Posted by Pikachu
I am so sorry that I completely forgotten and that it took me sometime to confirm the model number.

Tanabe NF Series = NNCS5WK

Tanabe GF Series = GGCS5WK

Tanabe Protec SS Series = AACS5WK-A

The three above is for the JDM RA which I believe should be the same as the US model. Perhaps you could check with the Tanabe agent in the US?
Pikachu,

How much is the "Tanabe Protec SS Series = AACS5WK-A" ?
Can you also give me the contact for your tuner shop ?

Thx,
Old Jan 13, 2007, 08:19 PM
EvoM Administrator

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by xtremezae
Will the above Coil-Overs FIT a RalliArt [CS9A] ?
CS9A? That's a new one to me. US Ralliarts are CS7A. Evos are CT9A.

Quick Reply: List All Coilovers That Will Fit The RA