Notices

Review: PIAA Wipers and Bridgestone LM-25 Snow tires

Old Feb 20, 2007, 09:48 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Review: PIAA Wipers and Bridgestone LM-25 Snow tires

Picked up 2 Bridgestone Blizzak LM-25's for the front to match the WS-50's i have in back since they didn't have WS-50's to match my size without run-flat. I must say despite them being a pain to get on the stock 16" rims they grip really well. Sure they're not the best compared to the other tires (nokian i think they're called) but for my commute they work great.

Bought them from Tire Rack, and i must give them a for customer service and knowledge. They helped me out big time, and insisted on making sure i wasn't just buying 2 snow tires to run for the winter (they made sure i was running a set of 4). The shipping only took about 3-4 days tops, not fully sure since i had it delivered to my parents place since i'm never home at my place. As some of you know i have a habit of running oversized tires, aka 215/50/16 snow tires and 225/45/17 for summer tires. Despite minor rub, which i don't mind i love them. These snow tires cut through the snow pretty well too even though they're a bit wide for the standard size.

Also grabbed some PIAA Super Silicone wipers the other day from them and they work crazy good. (Ran them at high speeds and little to no chatter with the wind pounding on them) The install was easy and since i ordered them over the net they sent me multiple emails about when the payment was recieved and unlike some companies an email right after it was shipped.

If you're wondering why i spent 42$ on the wiper blades, i'm spending about 24$ twice a year for the oem blade replacements, so its cheaper to get a single set for 42$ and have them last 1.5 years (and i rarely use my wiper blades when its dry, i'll turn em' on to keep them from getting dry and moving though).

All in all, i give a 5/5 for the wiper blades, though i haven't had them for a long time, in the last week i've encountered salt, sleet, snow and ice/rain, also some dip **** threw a milkshake on my car while i was driving from the opposing traffic and the wipers cut through that ish.

The tires i give a 5/5 despite the fact that i blew one out 4 days after putting them on, but that wasn't their fault, i ran over a bumper screw and it punctured.

Hope this helps you guys out.
Old Feb 20, 2007, 10:03 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
sounds interesting. i've gone two years now and have yet to change my blades lol. might picked up the piaas. good write up.
Old Feb 20, 2007, 12:46 PM
Evolved Member

with the winters up here my blades get ravished, also salt usage around boston is crazy overkill, and that doesn't help the blades at all. Most of the time i have rainx on my windows so the only time i use my blades are during heavy rain or the winter.. Rarely any other time, i guess my blades just get beat up due to sitting for a while? Even though i do turn em' on from time to time to keep them moving. That or they hate RainX...
Old Feb 21, 2007, 10:07 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i jsut got the piaa super silicon wipers a couple weeks ago to, and i agree they are amazing wipers even though i payed 70 bucks for the set, they were totaly worth it!
Old Feb 22, 2007, 06:38 AM
Evolved Member

70 bucks? *******ed? which ones did you get? I spent 42$ plus shipping from tirerack
Old Feb 28, 2007, 06:09 PM
Evolved Member

my wipers just came in today and i gotta say tirerack is pretty damn fast! one question though- its kinda dark outside and i havent looked yet. which adapter do i use? can someone please show me how to take the blades out?

Last edited by samj601; Feb 28, 2007 at 06:24 PM.
Old Feb 28, 2007, 10:00 PM
Former Sponsor

I was wondering how this PIAA blades were!
Old Mar 1, 2007, 08:47 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Joe's_EVO8
I was wondering how this PIAA blades were!
i will let u know as soon as someone shows me how to take them out (yes i am a dumbass)
Old Mar 1, 2007, 09:19 AM
Evolved Member

Well its hard to say how to take them off in words.. I wish i had photo's but i don't. the location where the wiper assembly mounts to the wiper arm (part attached to the motor) has a little clip that slides into it. For the driverside, the push tab should be on the underside of the arm on the driverside of the mounting area. Press the tab towards the arm, and carefully pull the wiper blade assembly away from the "hook" part of the arm. BE CAREFUL the arm if its not locked into upright position will slap down on the glass when you let go of it, i've seen it happen before... Do the same for the other side depending on which angle you are coming from just push the tab down and pull away from the hook. Match that "pushed tab" insert with the ones PIAA gave you it should be the second smallest one i think.

PIAA wipers are great, they work to brush dust off as well (rode behind a truck full of sand the other day). They don't leave any streaks, although the "spoiler" part of it does collect some water and when the wiper is returning down towards the engine bay area water droplets spray up from the wind while the car is moving and gets on you windsheild again.
Old Mar 1, 2007, 09:56 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by bruce988jl
Well its hard to say how to take them off in words.. I wish i had photo's but i don't. the location where the wiper assembly mounts to the wiper arm (part attached to the motor) has a little clip that slides into it. For the driverside, the push tab should be on the underside of the arm on the driverside of the mounting area. Press the tab towards the arm, and carefully pull the wiper blade assembly away from the "hook" part of the arm. BE CAREFUL the arm if its not locked into upright position will slap down on the glass when you let go of it, i've seen it happen before... Do the same for the other side depending on which angle you are coming from just push the tab down and pull away from the hook. Match that "pushed tab" insert with the ones PIAA gave you it should be the second smallest one i think.
thanks alot man. i went outside last night to take a look at it and couldnt figure out how to slide the clip part out. gonna try it again when i get home.
Old Mar 1, 2007, 10:06 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by bruce988jl
70 bucks? *******ed? which ones did you get? I spent 42$ plus shipping from tirerack
i jsut got the regular super silicone ones, but that is in canadain funds!
Old Mar 1, 2007, 03:26 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by samj601
thanks alot man. i went outside last night to take a look at it and couldnt figure out how to slide the clip part out. gonna try it again when i get home.
I hope that works for you.. cause when i reread it i sure as hell wouldn't understand what i was saying...
Old Mar 1, 2007, 03:41 PM

Review: serpints (by: continential)

have 195/60/15 (4) with rims for $600, also are rotational. great tires for the price. great grip on slush and snow. traveled 1200 km when i went jersey great on the highways. smooth ride great handling.