Notices

Best tires for the Ralliart

Old Dec 14, 2003, 11:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Best tires for the Ralliart

What are the best tires for the Ralliart?

What do you think about the factory tires?

I don't have my Ralliart yet but I'm looking to buy some new tires for it because I heard the factory tires aren't that good. Anybody here ever tried the Hankook tires?
Old Dec 15, 2003, 07:56 PM

I hear some people don't like them and some do. I actually like the tires, I've even driven the car in the snow and it handles pretty well. The tires sell for about $143 each and if you know how to drive they handle pretty well on the road.
Old Dec 20, 2003, 06:44 PM

Read the reviews at Tire Rack; of the several hundred posted about the Bridgestone RE92, almost all of them say it really sucks in the wet. You gotta take those reviews with a grain of salt, but when so many say the same thing, it must be true...

Drizzt G, since you enjoy the same weather as me, I suggest you get a good set of snows, sell the RE92s to some kid with a slammed Honda, and buy a set of good summer-only tires. I've read and heard good things about the Kumho 712 Ecsta Supra, and they're at a very reasonable price.

Motor Trend's test of our car (the same one with the sub-15 second quarter mile) said the suspension was great and that Mitsu spoiled a really good-handling car by fitting all-season tires.
Old Jan 11, 2004, 03:46 PM
Evolving Member

wtf? I heard it came with summer only. weird? my friend test drove one and his sales guy said it came with summers only. strange.. my ES came with crappy all season of course
Old Jan 12, 2004, 08:38 PM

Originally posted by zcyph
wtf? I heard it came with summer only. weird? my friend test drove one and his sales guy said it came with summers only. strange.. my ES came with crappy all season of course
It comes with all-season tires. There's not even the option for performance tires.
Old Jan 12, 2004, 08:40 PM

Has anybody ever tested the Hankook tires.
Old Jan 13, 2004, 03:12 PM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by Drizzt_G
Has anybody ever tested the Hankook tires.
Crappy tires stick with the stocker then..
Better buy yokohamas, nitto 555 or toyo proxes..
Old Jan 13, 2004, 06:01 PM

Thanks
Old Jan 13, 2004, 06:09 PM
Evolved Member

i recommend yokohama's or toyo's. from my experience toyo has been a great tire company, they're low end tires and high end tires are excellent..
Old Jan 14, 2004, 07:22 PM
Dew

I am personally prob going to get Toyo performance tires when I need new tires, but my second choice would be Yokohama's like bob ^ mentioned.
Old Jan 14, 2004, 07:35 PM
Evolved Member

kumho's are nice, good wet traction (ecsta 711).
Old Jan 15, 2004, 06:37 AM

What is you alls opinion of going with the yokohama advan tires like on the evolution 8 but in a different size. I plan to put 17 inch ro_ja gtm or neo 4 on my ralliart and Im wondering if these tires would give this car the awsome grip that it gives the evolution
Old Jan 15, 2004, 08:51 AM
Dew

those yoko's should give them better grip, won't really know till you try it. Have to look up reviews on them on diff sites to see what the 17" are rated at. But, personally i think they would give u much better grip especially since you are jumping from all-season to performance. hehe
Old Jan 16, 2004, 12:02 PM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by zcyph
the Evo comes with summer only tires...at the dealership i bought my RA from, there was a huge warning sticker on the inside of the car on the driver side door pane on the Evo that stated summer only tires....
Old Jan 17, 2004, 08:51 PM
Evolved Member

I've been noticing that the RA's come with a bunch of different tires, depending on the dealer. One dealer had continentals on theirs, while one dealer today had some with Potenzas and some with Eagle RS-A's.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Best tires for the Ralliart