Notices

BC Racing BR Series Coilovers

Search this Thread

Old Jun 6, 2014, 05:16 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
BC Racing BR Series Coilovers

Hey Hey so installed my bc racing coilovers yesterday. I got the br series. So far so good. Super impressed with the feel so far. I still have to get it aligned. Gunna do that this weekend, and install my whiteline rear sway bar.
Anyways i can definately feel the difference. Much stiffer, but not too stiff. I have it set at 8 on a 0-30 scale. 30 being the softest, 0 being the hardest. Gunna play with the settings a bit to see whats best for daily driving.
Its a little lower than before. I previously had oem dampers with eibach springs. But this is like uncomparable. And they look sick, real eye candy.
Im a post a pic. I could drop it a little more but.... i think ima keep it like this. I already rubbed under the front lip this morning. No biggie thought. ima write back after i get it aligned, and after i play around with it a bit, so i can gove you guys some feedback. Super happy though so far, sickest mod ive done. Cost be an arm and a leg but, well worth it.
Attached Thumbnails BC Racing BR Series Coilovers-image.jpg  
Old Jun 6, 2014, 05:28 AM
Evolved Member

Received 26 Likes on 26 Posts
Looks low enough to me lol. I can't imagine it being lower. Looking forward to more reviews once you get everything dialed in. My main concern is longevity.
Old Jun 6, 2014, 06:18 AM
Evolved Member

Received 36 Likes on 36 Posts
Looks good! I have megan coilovers on my green RA. I cant wait to start playing around with them!
Old Jun 6, 2014, 07:02 AM

Yeah it is pretty low. I know they sag a little after the initial install so ill see what the result is in the next couple days. Regarding longevity, theres not
much i can say other than time will tell. I chose bc cuz i know the quality of materials are one of the best on the market so well see.
How are your meagan coilovers bakuro?
Ima send some pics later of the coilovers under the hood!
Old Jun 6, 2014, 08:06 AM
Evolved Member

Received 36 Likes on 36 Posts
Here is Smike's review of the megan coilovers. I bought the car from him, and I havent had the chance to fix the bent valves yet so it hasnt moved.
Old Jun 6, 2014, 11:00 AM
EvoM Super Moderator

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Very nice , looks great !!! once I get my setup on these coilovers are up next. What are your current settings ?

Bakuro I have a spare head I could sell you
Old Jun 6, 2014, 11:16 PM
Evolved Member

Received 89 Likes on 86 Posts
I need a spare motor...I was going to buy one somewhat locally until my clutch committed murder-suicide...
Old Jun 8, 2014, 09:29 AM

pic from under the hood
Old Jun 8, 2014, 09:32 AM

another one
Old Jun 8, 2014, 09:45 AM
Evolved Member

Received 89 Likes on 86 Posts
shiny
Old Jun 16, 2014, 07:50 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
@Rallizen What spring rates did you get? I just ordered mine today from Genome Tuning (best price I found) in 8k/5k f/r based on what Roadracemotorsports sells. Interested to see how these spring rates feel.
Old Jun 17, 2014, 06:53 AM
Evolved Member

Looks sweet!
Old Jun 18, 2014, 05:35 AM

Yeah so the spring rates are 8k/5k. Before purchasing, you can ask to have the spring rate of your choice, free of charge. When genome purchases the coilovers, they just have to specify if they desire different spring rates. BC takes care of the rest.
Honestly, i dont see why its neccessary to change. The adjustable dampening is amazing. Theres a huge difference from 0-30.
I just had my ride aligned yesterday. i cant believe i drove a week without having the alignement. Its straight and true and now i can really feel the advantage to this suspension.
At first i thought it was a little rough, but it seems like it softens up a little after about 200 km.
Regarding ride height, youll be able to drop it lower than youll need. I can still drop it a little in the front and the back. In the front i dont see how it could go lower without rubbing. But in the back i think i chickened out a little and didnt drop it enough. Truth is, it drives better like this. Much better. Too low isnt good for performance, but yeah... low looks good. I feel i got the best of both worlds.
Im actually getting my whiteline rear sway bar installed friday. im lookin forward to seeing how much of a difference itll make with the coilovers. As it is right now, the car feels so much more stable in turns. The difference is amazing. So im curious to see what the whiteline rear sway bar will do. I also purchased the tie bar from rrm on monday. Looking forward to getting that too. Ill write back friday night to give you guys some feedback after the sway bar is installed.
Anyways good choice on the coilovers, yur gunna be happy
Old Jun 20, 2014, 11:47 AM

Alright so i installed the whiteline sway bar today. Pretty sick. I can tell theres a difference. The coilovers made much more of a difference but i can still feel it more stiff in the back with the sway bar. Im gunna have fun tonight!
Old Jun 20, 2014, 11:51 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by RalliZen
Alright so i installed the whiteline sway bar today. Pretty sick. I can tell theres a difference. The coilovers made much more of a difference but i can still feel it more stiff in the back with the sway bar. Im gunna have fun tonight!
Love this mod!

Quick Reply: BC Racing BR Series Coilovers