Notices

Adjustable Rear Upper Control Arms

Search this Thread

Old Oct 2, 2014, 08:35 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Adjustable Rear Upper Control Arms

Ok, so I did some searching and couldn't find anything pertaining to a specific product from Raybestos that I am researching. Raybestos P/N #615-1170. Shows to be an adjustable rear upper control arm very similar to our stockers that would allow for more positive camber as compared to stock. Curious if anyone has heard or tried this part on the 04-06 Ralliart. Raybestos no longer has a listing for this part on their website. I would (as well as many other RA owners I'm sure) love to stop eating up my rear tires due to too much negative camber. Thanks in advance
Old Oct 2, 2014, 09:12 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
If your eating up inside tread as you suggested with the neg camber statement--its likely not camber, but toe that is causing the majority of your issue--try having it set closer to 0 and my bet it your tire eating issues will fade. Have you checked whiteline for offset bushings for your control arms that would allow you the adj your looking for? don't know if they make them or not- Just a question.
Old Oct 2, 2014, 12:23 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
-ve camber on the back is from the bushings in the suspension arms failing. New arms will resolve the issue.

Could also be in need of a wheel alignment.