Notices

Evo Brembo's On Ralliart

Search this Thread

Old Aug 6, 2015, 06:43 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by CrAnSwIcK
now the question is: do evo 5 front strut assemblies, and ball joints/control arms fit?

I must know how you came upon this discovery

Front hub from Evo 5 GSR with Brembo option.

Front track control arm from Evo 5.

The arm won't be a straight swap either, the shocks may have a different stroke.
I meant to take pictures of the Ralliart hub and Evo 5 hub side by side but forgot. The ball joint may be a possibility, but I have not measured, if that works then I think a definite work around will be found for the strut.

Last edited by 2006_RA; Aug 6, 2015 at 07:12 PM.
Old Aug 16, 2015, 02:18 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
hey guys thanks for the wishes and what not, thankfully i have a job again, and thanks for taking the time to notice that the evo 5 knuckles wont work, I didn't have time to take my spare to compare them side by side. my car unfortunetly needed some work so I had to put the brake swap on hold
what turned out to just being replacing the lca's turned into needing a new front subframe and motor mounts mounts took quite awhile to come in lol
however I am back and going to try and get my hands on a evo 8 knuckle and try and futher this project to see if the brembos can swap onto the ralliart
Old Aug 17, 2015, 05:36 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
It's not that they wont work, it's not a direct swap. If the hole for the ball joint on the Evo 5 knuckle is enlarged to fit the Ralliart ball joint, or if the ball joints can be swapped then it works.
Old Mar 16, 2016, 01:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok so I am gonna take a swing at this. I just got my stoptech front and rear kit for my Evo. So now my old brembo are available for my lancer. Now I just need some help and some ideas to try. Would the bracket made for the dsm fit on the ralliart. Bc it was said that the dsm calipers bolt on. And I seen dsm with brackets that fit the brembo. So just a thought does it seem plausible
Old Mar 16, 2016, 06:44 AM
Evolved Member

Received 89 Likes on 86 Posts
Originally Posted by 1slowsti
Ok so I am gonna take a swing at this. I just got my stoptech front and rear kit for my Evo. So now my old brembo are available for my lancer. Now I just need some help and some ideas to try. Would the bracket made for the dsm fit on the ralliart. Bc it was said that the dsm calipers bolt on. And I seen dsm with brackets that fit the brembo. So just a thought does it seem plausible

could work. I would try it for sure if I had brembos laying around.
Old Mar 16, 2016, 07:23 AM
Evolved Member

Received 36 Likes on 36 Posts
Seems like it would work. Only issue may turn out to be rotor size at that point. Im not sure if an Evo's rotor would be too big, or if the RA's would be too small at that point. How much can you find those brackets for VS a set of evo hubs? Good luck! Let us know how it goes.
Old Mar 31, 2016, 11:56 PM

I just bought the brackets for 80 shipped to Hawaii. The guy said that he made the brackets to have the Evo 8 calipers bolt up to a dam. Also to use the stock evo 8 rotors
Old Feb 16, 2017, 07:59 AM

Originally Posted by bakuro117
Seems like it would work. Only issue may turn out to be rotor size at that point. Im not sure if an Evo's rotor would be too big, or if the RA's would be too small at that point. How much can you find those brackets for VS a set of evo hubs? Good luck! Let us know how it goes.
UPDATE
been awhile since I've been on here but I have started to get parts coming to complete this, I already have the front brembos and slotted rotors for the front. Brackets will be getting made shortly then stainless steel brake lines will be ordered next
Old Feb 28, 2017, 09:11 PM
Evolving Member

I'll be watching this, please keep us posted.
Old May 16, 2017, 09:28 PM

SOOOOO i have good new and bad news.
Bad news: the guy couldn't make me a bracket to fit on our knuckle due to such little room to work with.
Good news: i was able to find a guy parting out a Evo 9 and was able to pick up both front knuckles for a decent price.SOOOO in other words WE GET TRRUUUU ahaha they should be getting shipped to me this weekend.i now have "everything" to try this conversion. i will post pics and update if theres any snags.
Old May 19, 2017, 11:14 AM
Evolving Member

Still watching. Thanks for the update. If I could have more brakes, and a manual swap with an LSD, my sportback would be much more to my ideal....
Old May 19, 2017, 02:39 PM

Originally Posted by floating doc
Still watching. Thanks for the update. If I could have more brakes, and a manual swap with an LSD, my sportback would be much more to my ideal....
Thats actually the next step i have everything to convert to manual . now its just a matter of time before i put it all in!
I GOTCHU
Old Dec 8, 2020, 10:50 AM

Originally Posted by R/Asportback
Thats actually the next step i have everything to convert to manual . now its just a matter of time before i put it all in!
I GOTCHU

any updates?
Old Feb 21, 2021, 11:07 PM

I am also doing the brembo conversion on my sportback ralliart, evo spindles are $100+ on ebay but 3g eclipse spindles have the correct bolt spacing for the brembos and are $45 at pick-n-pull. The width of where the struts mount to is the same as a lancer, ball joint hole appears the same, axle splines are the same, tie rod hole looks the same, overall dimensions look the same. The one difference is the strut bolts are larger diameter, but it seems like you could use eclipse front struts in the lancer since the length and top mount seem close if not identical. Another solution could be drilling out the lancer strut's bolt holes. Will report back on fitment.