Notices

recommened tired for 2012 Ralliart

Old Dec 21, 2015, 02:31 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
recommened tired for 2012 Ralliart

this is my first time replacing tires on my car and I was hoping for some recommendations. I would like to keep it between performance and something that can handle weather. I try not to drive in heavy snow with the car and I have made it as far as I have (since 2013 winter) on the summer tires. I have a second car for driving in the more difficult weather. Price I would say would be the 200. range give or take under or over. At some point I would like to get summer rims and tires and then winters but right now that is not possible.

thanks for the advice

Old Dec 24, 2015, 09:15 AM
Evolved Member

Received 89 Likes on 86 Posts
Originally Posted by sullysnet
this is my first time replacing tires on my car and I was hoping for some recommendations. I would like to keep it between performance and something that can handle weather. I try not to drive in heavy snow with the car and I have made it as far as I have (since 2013 winter) on the summer tires. I have a second car for driving in the more difficult weather. Price I would say would be the 200. range give or take under or over. At some point I would like to get summer rims and tires and then winters but right now that is not possible.

thanks for the advice

you won't get performance from a all-season tire, plain and simple. different compounds are used in different classes of tire. so basically get whatever all-season is affordable, and has good reviews, and don't expect hot and dry performance
Old Jan 4, 2016, 04:39 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
thanks, I figured as much but I would like to get the best that I can.

TFT recommended these

Tiger Paw GTZ
Falkin ZIEX ZE 950
Sumitomo HTR AS P02

I know of the companies but I don't know if they would be better than my first picks. He didn't recommend the Pilots.

Pilot Sport AE/S
Goodyear F1 eagle AS

thanks