Notices
08+ Lancer Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

Spyder Projector Headlights

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2013, 08:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by tomczykm
http://www.carid.com/2010-mitsubishi...ts-467244.html

these are the ones I bought after I hit a deer. These are very nice, the Halo's are CCFL but not as bright as a BMW of course but still look very cool. They are dual halos and I have not had a problem with them

O.o I like those, any chance i can bug you for a couple pics? I'm still hesitant on going for the halo look.
Old May 3, 2013, 06:36 PM

I dig mine too. They give off so much more light. The price was also right. Mine were used so I got 'em for $230 + free shipping.
Attached Thumbnails Spyder Projector Headlights-2013050395195701.jpg  
Old Jul 20, 2013, 03:36 PM

How did these projector headlights work out?

Originally Posted by supersal619
I just got the exact same lights. everything works so far, but where did you wire your halos? I wanted to use the halos as my DRL instead of the projectors. Any thoughts?

Hi Supersal:

I am thinking of doing this too with my Ralliart, putting in HIDs in, instead of the halogens. Mind if I ask; how did these projectors work out for you? Did were they a hassle to install? Are those actual CCFL halos or just faux ones that gather light from the low-beam projector?

Interested in your experiences with these projector headlights ie. how bright were they, how reliable, etc.

Thanks for any comments you have here.
Old Jul 20, 2013, 03:45 PM

Originally Posted by Mex
Pics of them installed w/o the LEDs. I'm satisfied.

The cutoff of the projectors is superb as well. Very sharp.

Hey Mex:

I see that from a previous posting you put HID's into the projector; was your Lancer stock halogen or HID? What kelvin of bulb did you use if you don't mind me asking.

Last edited by iengel70; Jul 20, 2013 at 03:59 PM. Reason: saw previous posting by Mex
Old Jul 28, 2013, 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by Radi[X]
Thought id give an update

Installed them myself

Hardest part was taking apart the damn bumper... also the plugs didn't fit snug

the LED came prewired into parking lights.

The halo, I spliced into the LED so they all turn on with parking lights on.

Wanted to add that the halo's aren't that great. They are not CCFL and in the daytime anyone that is not 1m infront of your car will not even noticed that they are on. This is evident if you drive behind a car during the day you cannot even see the halo in your reflection, so they are not that bright like the BMWs...

Hi Radix, about two months ago I got the same headlights, they look cool. Last week I installed HIDs, and as soon as I turned it on, one LED got damage in the Drivers side. I repaired it and pum!! It happens again. Had you have a similar problem?
Old Jul 29, 2013, 05:42 PM

Pretty nice mod i must say

Old Jul 29, 2013, 08:17 PM

anyone got more pics of these headlights installed? and how are the halo rings quality? i am worried that they might burn out in a year or two :S

Old Jul 30, 2013, 04:11 AM

To be honest the halo ring isn't really the eye catcher. I've only had them for a few months and so far no leaks and nothing has burnt out. But the halo ring doesn't light up bright enough to be anything special on my opinion. Also I had to shave the pins on the new headlights so they would fit the stock connector
Old Oct 19, 2013, 09:38 AM

For some reason my Halo rings do not come on. The lights themselves are much better that the stock but the aren't "fully" functional yet. I followed the wiring diagram and yet nothing. Any thoughts?
Old Oct 20, 2013, 03:26 AM

Originally Posted by Steven Dieterle
For some reason my Halo rings do not come on. The lights themselves are much better that the stock but the aren't "fully" functional yet. I followed the wiring diagram and yet nothing. Any thoughts?
Make sure the plug is completely connected. With my set the plug was über tight and not all lights came on until it was all the way clipped.
Old Oct 27, 2013, 03:14 PM

Does any know the fitment for the new ralliarts? I got a '14 and i'd love to throw these on!!!!
Old May 19, 2014, 02:05 PM

Fitment

Originally Posted by Sinestra
Iv personally have heard bad things about the fitment of this companies headlights. I cant speak from experience since i have never purchased from them. But some say the clips dont line just perfectly and the projector lens can be kind king clouded.
I just installed my set. They look great, but the fitment is off. I didn't have any issues installing them. But once I got everything put back together, there are some gaps between the hood and the headlight. The HIDs for my fogs are bright as hell and work great. But the HID projectors do not seem bright at all. Up close to something, like a wall, they do have a good cut off. Maybe I'm just not used to the difference yet.
Old Jan 15, 2015, 07:17 PM

HID conversion need to disable DRL

I installed these pretty much right after I bought my car because I wanted the LED strip more than I did the projectors themselves.
I had Mitsubishi install them for me and they did not mention any install or fitment issues. Connections fit perfect, very small gaps around the bumper/hood.
I've had them in for over 2 years now (through winters and ice storms) and they still work great! No problems with LEDS or any of the other lights (LED strip isn't the cleanest white, but not yellowish).
The only bad thing I can say about them, is yes the halo isn't CCFL and is not very bright during the day at all...but look decent at night. The LED strip is pretty bright though.
Wish they were as bright as the cars with OEM LED strips/lights.

EDIT:
I have just installed my HID lights in these. They are pretty nice. I don't think the cutoff is as clean as they should be, but I've never had HID's so I have nothing really to compare to other than people's posted pictures of theirs.
I think it is probably due to the fact I bought these headlights as the Halogen Projector model, and not the HID Projector model.
At least I'm using projectors though, and not sticking HID's in Halogen reflectors ;-)
I am now wondering if there actually is any difference between the 2 models (ie the Projector lens itself) or if it is just a different bulb connector they use (ie D2S instead of H7).
Don't want to fork over more $$$ getting the HID version to find they are the same quality.

Overall I am satisfied for now...but who doesn't constantly want to make their ride even better?
Attached Thumbnails Spyder Projector Headlights-gt-awc.jpg  

Last edited by RuCAS; Mar 16, 2015 at 07:23 AM. Reason: Installed HID lights
Old Feb 2, 2015, 09:23 PM

i ordered some a few months ago and am happy with them! i wired my haols to the parking lights and it looks good with the LED strip and the halos lit up together. havent had any problems yet!
Old Feb 3, 2015, 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by Squirrel2115
i ordered some a few months ago and am happy with them! i wired my haols to the parking lights and it looks good with the LED strip and the halos lit up together. havent had any problems yet!
I will assume you had stock halogens...do you have a DRL light (low beam bulb dimmed)?