Notices
09+ Lancer Ralliart General Discuss any generalized technical factory turbocharged Ralliart related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Ralliart Reliability

Search this Thread

Old Aug 11, 2011, 06:46 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by ralliartblitz
Good points about letting the car warm up in the winter. It feels extremely punishing to the gearbox if you drive it when its very cold without letting it warm up.
Not just in winter, for me it's ALWAYS. I treat my baby real nice-like. Hasn't failed me yet.

Originally Posted by TedMitsu
2-3 minutes??? Holy **** dude, I have my idle for less than a minute and im out the door.
Originally Posted by nunyas
^^^^+1 1 minute tops before i'm on the road and moving
What's 3 minutes really? Go start the car, go back inside and take off shoes, get something to drink/use the bathroom/whatever last-minute thing you usually do before you walk out the door, put shoes back on, get out to the car and realize you've forgotten something, run back in the house (without taking shoes off because you're pissed and in a hurry now), run back out to the car, get in and buckle up. BAM! 3 minutes.

I refuse to drive my car without at least one bar on the temp indicator. I realize that the gauge in the display is for engine temp, but it's still a good indicator that the car has had ample time to warm up relative to the conditions.
Old Aug 11, 2011, 07:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Jdunn502
Sorry to break it to CHI-TOWNOZ and VICQ but Im sure my ralliart that I have been hiding away will be breaking records as soon as my new tune is complete over at SPEC-OPS motorsports (Ill let you guys know in about a week on that). Thats neither here or there, I also have almost every bolt on made for this car including the full evo x turbo swap. I havent had any tranny problems thus far and I use it for a DD and periodically hit the track. Now if you want to talk about engines blowing up, thats a different story..hahah The ralliart is a good vehicle as long as you dont abuse it and do your regular maintenance just like with any other vehicle. Good luck with your car search

same here im on stock turbo and last night ran 12.78 @ 106 mph not to bad for this tinny turbo but my evo x one will be here soon then i will see what this car can do.
Old Aug 11, 2011, 08:11 PM

Originally Posted by masafina
great car for me in performance dep.....
stock(mine)14.2@95mph
gst v2.6 93, boost pill, k&n drop air filter 13.3@102mph

Free --------- $35 --------- $40 =$75

can your mazda do that????
Lol faster in the quarter stock, but takes more than $75 to get 13.3 with the Mazda.
Old Aug 11, 2011, 08:17 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,038 Likes on 760 Posts
Originally Posted by vicq
same here im on stock turbo and last night ran 12.78 @ 106 mph not to bad for this tinny turbo but my evo x one will be here soon then i will see what this car can do.

That's a great MPH with the stock turbo. How much weight have you taken out of the car?
Old Aug 11, 2011, 09:55 PM
Evolved Member

What's 3 minutes really? Go start the car, go back inside and take off shoes, get something to drink/use the bathroom/whatever last-minute thing you usually do before you walk out the door, put shoes back on, get out to the car and realize you've forgotten something, run back in the house (without taking shoes off because you're pissed and in a hurry now), run back out to the car, get in and buckle up. BAM! 3 minutes.

I refuse to drive my car without at least one bar on the temp indicator. I realize that the gauge in the display is for engine temp, but it's still a good indicator that the car has had ample time to warm up relative to the conditions.
We are of a like mind, running in and out of the house and all!
Old Aug 12, 2011, 01:50 AM

My warmup routine usually involves me fiddling with my crappy phone angrily while I try to get it to stay connected to the aux haha. Usually takes a couple of minutes before it's streams without disconnecting.

Last edited by MitsuG24; Aug 12, 2011 at 02:26 AM.
Old Aug 12, 2011, 05:49 AM

My SST went out at 500 miles also and the dealership acted like that was not unusal for this car so that not say much, i have owned the car three months and everyone i know just want to know why i sold my last car and make no comments about the new car at all, it really strange as most people would lie and say nice things even if it was beat up old car but the RA they have no comment, i asked my dealer about a longer warranty when i bought the car and they would not sale me one as they said it was not offer on the ralliart or evo
Old Aug 12, 2011, 06:23 AM

Originally Posted by razorlab
That's a great MPH with the stock turbo. How much weight have you taken out of the car?
For that run just the seats a spare tire im still on stock suspenion and stock wheels and tires
Old Aug 12, 2011, 08:51 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 03chi-town0Z
Not just in winter, for me it's ALWAYS. I treat my baby real nice-like. Hasn't failed me yet.

meh... the first 3 minutes of all of my drives that really require warming up is done at low speed low RPM... and at 5AM 3 minutes is the difference between on time and late for work...
Old Aug 12, 2011, 01:58 PM
Evolved Member

I just hit 28K miles and no tranny issues at all. I came from a 350z roadster. I think I was a nice change going to something a little more roomy but performance oriented. No regrets here.
Old Aug 12, 2011, 07:44 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by 03chi-town0Z
Exactly, it's really more about TEMPERATURE than it is about TIME. When it's warm outside, you probably only need to let it run for a minute or less, but when it's cold out, you should let it warm up longer because it's starting off at a much colder temperature. I have a digital temperature gauge on my car, and this is probably going to sound a little ****, but I always let my car warm up to right around 105 degrees F before pulling out. In the summer, this takes only a minute or less, but in the winter it's more like 3-4 minutes...
Old Aug 10, 2015, 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by erics01
I love my RA! I did have a SST problem, and a new tranny was installed at 20k miles. After the first tranny I started learning about the differences between normal and sport mode. Apparently normal mode allows for more clutch slippage and thus puts more wear and tear on your tranny. Now I only drive in sport mode and change each gear manually so that I can control how high the engine is revving. Bottom line, if you go with the RA, never use normal mode.
I have 37k on my ralliart and hardley ever use sport mode. Who told you to always use sport mode?
Old Aug 10, 2015, 12:44 PM
Evolving Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by rally13
I have 37k on my ralliart and hardley ever use sport mode. Who told you to always use sport mode?
Sport Mode = Quicker Shifts

Quicker Shifts = Less Slip

Less Slip = Less Heat

Less Heat = Longer Life

I always used sport mode...

I had about 89,000 miles before my RA got totaled. @ 267awhp/289awtq

z
E
R
E
p
Old Aug 12, 2015, 06:46 AM
Evolving Member

^^^ + "manual" shifting at 3K max to get decent gas mileage in the city and still have enough power to get around without feeling like a base Lancer
Old Aug 13, 2015, 02:55 AM

My wife runs around in automatic mode 80% of the time. I only drive the car on the weekends. When I do I use manual mode, sometimes sport mode when I hit the back roads. Figure I should invest in this extended warranty?

Quick Reply: Ralliart Reliability