Notices
09+ Lancer Ralliart General Discuss any generalized technical factory turbocharged Ralliart related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Fuego's Project Car!

Search this Thread

Old Oct 28, 2011, 10:18 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
IIRC on the GST it's 7600
Old Oct 31, 2011, 12:00 PM
Evolved Member

Ok so after much thinking i'm going with these rims!
http://www.ebay.com/itm/XXR-522-18-18x9-5-5x114-3-BRONZE-WHEELS-RIM-EVO-8-X-STI-/330620503209?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories &vxp=mtr&hash=item4cfa8484a9

Originally Posted by 03chi-town0Z
Rolled, and pulled depending on what size tire you decide to go with. Would look good if done well, though.

The fitment on the first set is much milder and you may be inclined to swap them out in the future if you are looking for a somewhat-aggressive fitment, so if you plan on going big, you may as well do it the way you want from the get-go
I'm going for more of the aggressive look, so the plan is to go big :-)

Originally Posted by EyeDreamt
I have XXR 522 18x8.5. I really like em.
I have to find them in this size. The thing i'm worried about is that if i'm going with the wider body kit I might want the 9.5 wide then. So, Now i'm wondering how much wider is the body kit.

Originally Posted by sstevojr
IIRC on the GST it's 7600
Yes it is! I had to test that out :-)

New update:
Ok so I painted the mesh plack and the window trip with plasti-dip.

Also, adding to my list is the skip plate!
http://www.xrossmotorsports.com/Rall...-Ralliart.html

I also have green neon lights sitting garage forever and I think it will go well with the car. lol...

I had to put a front license plate on. Did not really want to but I have no choice before I get a ticket and I have been pulled over for it!
Attached Thumbnails Fuego's Project Car!-picture-002.jpg   Fuego's Project Car!-picture-001.jpg  
Old Oct 31, 2011, 01:08 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Shouldve went with the side plate Your blocking the front too much with it.
Old Oct 31, 2011, 01:11 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by xwxspawnxwx

Yea, I have the Evo side plate coming. The current one has tie wrap on it everywhere. Good thing I put it on last night though. I passed about 4 cops on the way to work today. I usually don't pass any.
Old Oct 31, 2011, 07:03 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by xwxspawnxwx
I disagree, I can't stand the look of the front plate not being centered.
Old Oct 31, 2011, 07:12 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Slee256
I disagree, I can't stand the look of the front plate not being centered.
With his Evo X style front you can't block that off..... Side/sliding out plate or none is the only way to go in his case.
Old Oct 31, 2011, 07:51 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Beautiful. Front looks WAAAY better now. Still, I've never been a fan of un-painted carbon, but to each their own.

Also, if you're already looking at spending ~300 on a skid plate, may as well fork over the extra 75 and go with this one: http://www.sspperformance.com/sub-ca...x/underpanels/

Offers greater coverage and some ventilation as well. Not to mention a sweet access panel for easy oil drain plug and filter access

Last edited by 03chi-town0Z; Oct 31, 2011 at 07:57 PM.
Old Oct 31, 2011, 08:04 PM

Excellent project!

I noticed that your planning on adding a Re-Q bass restoration unit. I can't tell you enough how much you don't want to do that. I just took my Re-Q out and before setting it down on anything, threw it in the garbage. It's noisy (not clean) a little finicky, and doesn't actually restore anything below around 40hz. I won't get started on the supposed power of the front versus sub channels...

Instead, pick up an Audio Control LC2i. Crutchfield has them for 99.00. It does essentially the same thing, only the AC actually works, is clean and sends a nice high voltage signal to your amp(s).

Last edited by Topdown; Nov 4, 2011 at 02:42 PM.
Old Nov 3, 2011, 03:03 PM
Evolved Member

I got thne same wheels in black chrome.
Old Dec 18, 2011, 03:40 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Topdown
Excellent project!

I noticed that your planning on adding a Re-Q bass restoration unit. I can't tell you enough how much you don't want to do that. I just took my Re-Q out and before setting it down on anything, threw it in the garbage. It's noisy (not clean) a little finicky, and doesn't actually restore anything below around 40hz. I won't get started on the supposed power of the front versus sub channels...

Instead, pick up an Audio Control LC2i. Crutchfield has them for 99.00. It does essentially the same thing, only the AC actually works, is clean and sends a nice high voltage signal to your amp(s).

Thanks for the heads up. Will look into it.
Old Dec 18, 2011, 03:47 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 03chi-town0Z
Beautiful. Front looks WAAAY better now. Still, I've never been a fan of un-painted carbon, but to each their own.

Also, if you're already looking at spending ~300 on a skid plate, may as well fork over the extra 75 and go with this one: http://www.sspperformance.com/sub-ca...x/underpanels/

Offers greater coverage and some ventilation as well. Not to mention a sweet access panel for easy oil drain plug and filter access
I like the look of the unpainted carbon on this car
I don't like how they look on a lot of cars, though. I'm also looking into this body kit now. Just waiting for them to reply to my email. I really like it. It has an aggressive look to it
http://www.ebay.com/itm/08-08-Mitsu-Lancer-GT-CNC-DURAFLEX-Body-Kit-/400208250849?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories &fits=Year%3A2009|Submodel%3ARalliart&vxp=mtr&hash =item5d2e4547e1

Let me know what you guys think. I hoping to order this and the BC Coilover this week
Old Dec 18, 2011, 04:35 PM
Evolved Member

Baller!
Old Dec 19, 2011, 07:34 PM
Evolved Member

Well I finally got a hold of the seller on ebay and that body kit is for the Evo X. Yet, it does not mention EVO X on the site at all. would have been an awesome body kit. Well, the search is on...

I really like the GTR wide body kit.
http://www.body-kit.com/model_mit_lancer08bodykits.html

I'm also going to try to get a hold of duraflex about that other body kit and it they can do a custom one. I will keep you guys update. I had to go out with the wife today so hopefully tomorrow I can order the coilovers. I'm also soooo tempted to get the borla exhaust. I might be a dead man then.
Old Dec 19, 2011, 08:50 PM
Evolved Member

Interested in what you do with the body kit. I'm looking for something to make the car wider
Old Dec 20, 2011, 04:14 PM
Evolved Member

I contacted them and for the GTR wide body kit and it will be $1,400 shipped to the houe. I really like how that body kit looks like. The seller has great reviews. I'm going to see if I can bring them down a little. ~Hope you guys like that body kit. I think it will be a very unique one to see on our cars.
You can also see almost the same body kit in their Evo X section in Black.

I contacted Chris at MAP and got the BC Coilovers with extenders for$1034 shipped to the house.

I also ordered the http://www.racinglineperformance.com/shop/pc/home.asp
EVO X Front Endlinks $92.24 shipped.

I'm planning to order the whiteline swaybars.

I guess after I get all this installed it will be time to get a Borla Exhaust. lol... Man I can't wait....

Last edited by Fuego; Dec 20, 2011 at 04:22 PM.

Quick Reply: Fuego's Project Car!