Notices
09+ Lancer Ralliart General Discuss any generalized technical factory turbocharged Ralliart related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Ralliart Wing Help

Search this Thread

Old Dec 27, 2013, 08:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ralliart Wing Help

Ok so I'm obsessed with the APR GTC 300.. but I def can not afford that.. So what do you guys think? The megan racing wing? http://www.meganracing.com/product_d...d=767&catid=71

would it look ugly? any one have pix with similar? does it help or am I seriously getting what I'm paying for?

I want the evo x wing but I feel like I'm copy catting the evo. So these were my other options, but I don't want a cheap looking wing.
Old Dec 27, 2013, 08:44 AM

Personally...I think the Ralliart wing is better looking than the Evo wing. And that Megan wing...no. Just no.

To answer your question of 'would it help?' I ask you this: Will you be going fast enough for it to do anything? I highly doubt you or any one of us would ever go fast enough to ever have any noticeable difference in downforce.

If you want to know if it'll help aesthetically, only you can answer that. Personally I think it'd be hideous, mainly because 75% of the cars I see with that type of wing either have it on BACKWARDS, or they have some really, really crappy rides.

But do what pleases you! Your car is your car, nobody else's.

Cheers!
Old Dec 27, 2013, 08:53 AM

I plan on going to the track this summer. But that is just for fun. Not a superstar race car driver over here.

I saw the apr on an evo and it looked pretty damn good. but I've never seen these on ralliarts let alone this specific one. Figured it would look cheap, but thats why I asked if anyone had pics.. I think I'll stick with evo wing unless 1200.00 appears in my bank account magically. lol.

Thank you for your opinion.
Old Dec 27, 2013, 09:08 PM

I think the wings that have the farther mounting points (more around stock hole locations) look a lot better and more purposeful. If you find one like that, you might be able to get away with it.
Old Dec 30, 2013, 01:55 PM

http://www.ebay.com/itm/161175939747...#ht_1719wt_922 thoughts?
Old Dec 31, 2013, 04:21 AM

Originally Posted by bcomplex84
I always question the quality of the abs. Abs in general can warp really bad. But I don't think it should be too bad with a good paint job.
Old Dec 31, 2013, 01:41 PM

If you have your heart set on/obsessed over the APR GTC 300, you won't be happy with those other choices.
Originally Posted by bcomplex84
I plan on going to the track this summer. But that is just for fun. Not a superstar race car driver over here.

I saw the apr on an evo and it looked pretty damn good. but I've never seen these on ralliarts let alone this specific one. Figured it would look cheap, but thats why I asked if anyone had pics.. I think I'll stick with evo wing unless 1200.00 appears in my bank account magically. lol.

Thank you for your opinion.
You've got 6 months to save up.

Each month set aside $200+.
You got a '14 Ralliart; that can't be too hard.
Old Jan 1, 2014, 04:18 AM

Personally not a fan of those wings at all. I think the Evo wing will look much better and instead of getting an abs one look for a 2nd hand OEM Evo wing.

As others have said, these are just our opinions and it's yr car so do what makes you happy. :-)
Old Jan 3, 2014, 03:24 PM

thank you for all the opinions. I have decided the evo x wing is what I want. Even though a gazillion people including my husband are telling me I'm a poser for copying their evos.. But whatever. I know it will look good. I have been looking for a used one but not finding any under 200. Gonna order the abs and see how it feels.. and if anyone knows anyone selling one - have them pm me lol
Old Jan 10, 2014, 08:05 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just another opinion, I prefer the look of the evo 8/9 wing on our cars. Firstly because the evo x wing looks a little too wide since our cars dont have the flared wheel arches (again my personal opinion) and secondly it's less common (I like my car to look a little different).
Old Jan 14, 2014, 05:25 PM

bump
Old Jan 15, 2014, 09:25 PM

Originally Posted by Ralliart188
Just another opinion, I prefer the look of the evo 8/9 wing on our cars. Firstly because the evo x wing looks a little too wide since our cars dont have the flared wheel arches (again my personal opinion) and secondly it's less common (I like my car to look a little different).
I agree with you. Does an Evo 8/9 spoiler fit on our cars?
Old Jan 16, 2014, 06:40 AM

I ordered it from here. http://m.ebay.com/itm/350819767418?cmd=VIDESC I'm gonna be a copy cat
Old Jan 16, 2014, 07:21 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Z_2_Ralli
I agree with you. Does an Evo 8/9 spoiler fit on our cars?
The Evo 8/9 wing won't fit a RA without making the holes in the trunk from stock wing larger.
Old Jan 17, 2014, 02:30 AM

Originally Posted by TrailBrake
The Evo 8/9 wing won't fit a RA without making the holes in the trunk from stock wing larger.
Thank you, that shouldn't be hard to do. Is there a third screw like the evo x spoiler? The evo 8/9 screws should line up, correct?

Quick Reply: Ralliart Wing Help