Notices
09+ Lancer Ralliart General Discuss any generalized technical factory turbocharged Ralliart related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Question About remove and Bleed acd Pump

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22, 2014, 09:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question About remove and Bleed acd Pump

Good Morning everyone
I just ordered my ACD pump rebuild kit for my car, Inspection is coming up, so need to fix it soon. I have some questions about remove, install and Bleed ACD pump.

1. Do anyone have any step by step how to remove acd pump from the car?

2. what is the best option ATF fluid?

3. Is any way bleed it with out go to dealer? I mean do it at home. do Evoscan has this function yet?

4. when I install the acd pump and bleed, do I need to also change transfer case fluid?

Sorry I'm new here, I did the search, but cant find the answer, so hope some one can answer me here.

Thank you.
Old Jul 23, 2014, 11:15 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Bleeding the ACD manually without some sort of vacuum system requires all four wheels off the ground and someone turning the wheels to make the car think it sliding to get the pump to engage. I seen some step by steps on the evo 9 but can't find the links atm. I personally would take it to the dealer. The transfer case /rear lsd fluid is separate and should not need to be changed.
Old Jul 24, 2014, 05:27 AM

Originally Posted by neogeo64
Bleeding the ACD manually without some sort of vacuum system requires all four wheels off the ground and someone turning the wheels to make the car think it sliding to get the pump to engage. I seen some step by steps on the evo 9 but can't find the links atm. I personally would take it to the dealer. The transfer case /rear lsd fluid is separate and should not need to be changed.
I saw they posted it before, but the way they did on evo 8 or evo 9 is no proof on Ralliart yet. So is ok to drive to the dealer after install it and with out bleeding?
Old Jul 24, 2014, 09:56 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by devilpou
I saw they posted it before, but the way they did on evo 8 or evo 9 is no proof on Ralliart yet. So is ok to drive to the dealer after install it and with out bleeding?
Its fine to drive to the dealer to bleed, yes. However, dont expect the dealer to know anything about bleeding it and getting to to run correctly. I had mine rebuilt and brought to a dealer to bleed and they had no clue how to do it.
Old Jul 24, 2014, 12:52 PM
Evolving Member

Don't the rebuild kit companies sell a device that pulses the motor? I've never tried with my scan tool but I know the functionality is there.

As far as removing it, the pump is located behind the right rear wheel. If you look up in the bumper you'll see a black bracket holding the pump in.

You need to disconnect the lines to the reservoir and disconnect the metal line that goes to the center diff (14mm). I shoved one reservoir line into the other and clamped them together. The metal line I found a cap for and clamped that down.

There are 4 (12mm) bolts that hold the bracket on. Then you can remove the pump & bracket.

It is not fun getting the pump apart.

is similar to how you have to disassemble the pump.

When you reinstall think about moving the acd pump into the trunk. The pump in my car lasted roughly 2 years before failing, again.

Last edited by stfuad; Jul 24, 2014 at 01:04 PM.