Notices
09+ Lancer Ralliart General Discuss any generalized technical factory turbocharged Ralliart related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

14 Camry SE V-6 to 2015 Ralliart?

Old Nov 25, 2014, 08:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
14 Camry SE V-6 to 2015 Ralliart?

Hi all was wondering what everyone would recommend to me if its a good upgrade in terms of performance? Thanks..
Old Nov 25, 2014, 09:18 PM
G20
Evolved Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
handling, yes. Power, no.
Old Nov 26, 2014, 01:30 AM
Evolving Member

The difference in handling is massive and steering feel is way better (you actually know what your car is doing vs complete lack of feel on the Camry). Stock performance in a straight line is the same as long as you are pretty close to sea level. However, the turbo drivetrain has a big advantage at higher elevation and can easily make more power if you want to mod the car.
What really matters is that the Camry is extremely soft and boring to drive and doesn't have even a hint of sportiness to it, while the Ralliart is a whole lot of fun. I recently drove a 2014 Camry for a few days and was rather glad to get out of it.
Just keep in mind that a Camry is cheap to maintain and reliable while a Ralliart has a ton of high-end goodies that will hit you in the wallet (dual-clutch transmission, AWD with diffs, turbo engine). If you want performance, I'd definitely look at the new WRX and STI as well.
Old Nov 26, 2014, 06:23 AM
Evolved Member

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts
^this.

"Hey! Nice Camry" -nobody

I do get plenty of compliments (What is it? Is it an EVO? Nice car! Cool car... etc) on a recurring basis.
Old Nov 26, 2014, 08:12 AM
xi
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Maintainence is a complete nightmare compared to the Camry.

Compared the mechanical goodies. Turbo motor (hard on oil). 2 limited slip differentials, an active center differential, dual clutch transmission, hydraulic steering. All of that needs attention, something not found in the Camry.

But the drive is incredible. The amount of feel and feedback in the steering is 1000x better than the Camry. Its much easier to drive faster because you can actually feel how much grip you have left. Not to mention that you'll look like a hero in the snow with the proper tires.

If you wan something comfortable quiet reliable and fast to blast off from red lights with, get the Camry.
Old Dec 1, 2014, 07:06 AM
Evolved Member

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts
Not a 'nightmare' but it is more expensive. I do it myself easily. The only expensive part is the fluid itself.
Old Dec 2, 2014, 04:38 AM
xi
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Veronica
Not a 'nightmare' but it is more expensive. I do it myself easily. The only expensive part is the fluid itself.
Well certain things are definitely a little more involved than a standard plug and chug.

The ACD fluid change involves a computer.
Old Dec 5, 2014, 06:37 AM

Originally Posted by AlDim
The difference in handling is massive and steering feel is way better (you actually know what your car is doing vs complete lack of feel on the Camry). Stock performance in a straight line is the same as long as you are pretty close to sea level. However, the turbo drivetrain has a big advantage at higher elevation and can easily make more power if you want to mod the car.
What really matters is that the Camry is extremely soft and boring to drive and doesn't have even a hint of sportiness to it, while the Ralliart is a whole lot of fun. I recently drove a 2014 Camry for a few days and was rather glad to get out of it.
Just keep in mind that a Camry is cheap to maintain and reliable while a Ralliart has a ton of high-end goodies that will hit you in the wallet (dual-clutch transmission, AWD with diffs, turbo engine). If you want performance, I'd definitely look at the new WRX and STI as well.
^ Don't look at the Subis - They have engine problems = No good. Pistons are weak. And its a Subi.

You should Definately by the Ralliart or Evo

I do agree with everyone else, the Camry is the easiest car to own, from a maintenance standpoint.
Old Dec 5, 2014, 04:30 PM

Thank you all for all you help. I think I'm going to buy the ralliart. )
Old Dec 20, 2014, 06:38 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by koolisdon2006
Thank you all for all you help. I think I'm going to buy the ralliart. )
To quote the last good Indiana Jones movie, "you chose wisely"