Notices
09+ Lancer Ralliart General Discuss any generalized technical factory turbocharged Ralliart related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

How to boost HP?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29, 2015, 10:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool How to boost HP?

Hey everyone , I recently picked up a 2014 Lancer Ralliart. I am not a complete noobie when it comes to mods however I wasted to know what yall think would be the first mods I can install for the cheapest to add some HP/boost. I was looking into buying an evo X intercooler (can i do that) as well as a boost pill and new intake, per recommendations from a friend of mine. Ive heard I wont receive much of a power boost from the intake from a few people, which if is the case id like to wait to install one, unless it is need with the larger intercooler. What would you recommend for a first time build that would be the most cost efficient and give it the most power. If anyone has some parts sites please post. I have been looking on lancer shop, and creeping craigslist (where i found the used evo x intercooler) but id like to expand my options as their parts seem limited to a few brands. Sorry if I broke any forum rules with this post, im sure this question has been asked however this is my first post.
Old Jun 29, 2015, 07:42 PM

I've always started with tuning the ECU map. Here I pay a X value for the tune and the tuner fine tunes it over and over and over whenever I add mods, free of charge. If that's the case for you, you can start there. If you neede to pay over and over for each modification done to the map, then you need to think how much money you wanna spend for now.

Regardless, I highly recommend starting with a 3-port EBCS and a BOV + tune. With that, you can make a noticeable difference in boost leading to HP. Possibly 40 whp depending on the tune. If you have the extra money, then I would go with IC (instead of a oem evo X, why not an aftermarket for evo x?), Lower intercooler pipe (LICP), testpipe, UICP, intake, header, turbine, etc. In that order
Old Jun 30, 2015, 05:48 AM

Read over the ECU tuning information and the GST Maps thread. There are baseline maps provided for certain mods. These maps have been tested and used by the community for a long time now and are safe changes you can do to mod and improve performance without paying for a new tune with each change.

I'd suggest sticking to that list initially, using the tunes provided, and then looking into getting your car individually tuned once you are ready to move past that list.
Old Jun 30, 2015, 08:26 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 54 Likes on 43 Posts
Cheapest way is Evo X parts and a tune.

I would look for the following mods.

Cobb AP
Upper Pipe
Test Pipe
Evo X Intercooler (preferably aftermarket, but if you're on a budget the OEM Evo X. This really depends on how far you plan on taking the car.)

I believe the RA has a plastic bov as well... I recommend grabbing a BOV from an Evo X.

Thanks!

Michael
Old Jun 30, 2015, 01:16 PM

You can get a Tactrix 2.0 cable and a boost pill cheaper than the Cobb App alone, let alone all the parts you need to do an X swap.

Long term, depending on what you want to do with the car, an X swap will open up more options since you can only push our stock turbo so far, but I wouldn't call that direction cheap by any means.