Notices
09+ Lancer Ralliart General Discuss any generalized technical factory turbocharged Ralliart related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Shop recommendation in Toronto, Canada?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28, 2015, 08:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Shop recommendation in Toronto, Canada?

Hey all,

I've got a 2010 Ralliart with about 80k km on it. I want to start modding it but I don't really have a garage to work in (live in a condo) - also, I'm not really mechanically inclined. Anyone have some suggestions for a shop to hit up in Toronto? I can spend about 3-4k upgrading and I'm not sure what to do or where to take it to get the most bang for my buck.

Anyone have some suggestions?
Old Jul 28, 2015, 08:56 PM

Take it to your local triple diamond Mitsubishi dealer. I hear their red seal techs are especially good.
Old Jul 29, 2015, 05:00 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If you do want a garage to do minor work yourself, there aren't many DIY garages left in the GTA. There's one in Barrie:
http://www.barriedoityourself.ca/
And years ago I went to Rent-a-Bay in Hamilton, but I'm not sure they're even still open:
http://www.cdnauto.org/provinces/ont....asp?key=11968

I've learned to do a lot of things myself simply because I keep having bad experiences with mechanics. My biggest pet-peeve? Garages or even tire & wheel specialty shops WAY over-torquing wheel nuts with air guns making it impossible to get them off at the side of the road if you ever have a flat, and snapping security wheel nuts as they tightened them.

Last edited by Strangways; Jul 29, 2015 at 05:19 AM.
Old Jul 29, 2015, 08:48 PM

Whhhaaatttt? I thought all of those garage bay rental places had closed down due to insurance costs. That's awesome to hear there are still some around.

Best bang for your buck would be the GST tune. Could do that anywhere. There are still a number of mods that you can do in a condo.... You just won't be doing a turbo swap anytime soon.

As for shops... I really don't have any recommendations as I'm new to the Mitsubishi world (and I'll normally take a stab at doing things myself first)