Notices
09+ Lancer Ralliart General Discuss any generalized technical factory turbocharged Ralliart related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Ssp deap pan

Search this Thread

Old Nov 29, 2016, 08:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Ssp deap pan

Hi , i am trying to get ssp deap oil pan for my sst tranny , is this something i can do it on my own or need a professional installation from your experience
Old Nov 30, 2016, 05:01 AM
Evolving Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
I think this is one of those "If you have to ask then it's probably too much to handle". the job itself isn't difficult but it will require doing a flush of the SST(since you are removing the thing that holds all the SST fluid) and you might as well replace the filter as well.
The following users liked this post:
Omar S Abbood (Nov 30, 2016)
Old Nov 30, 2016, 12:29 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Deep pan is unnecessary for the sst. Sump kit is a better investment for the car.
Omar S Abbood (Nov 30, 2016)
Old Nov 30, 2016, 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by DWILSON357
I think this is one of those "If you have to ask then it's probably too much to handle". the job itself isn't difficult but it will require doing a flush of the SST(since you are removing the thing that holds all the SST fluid) and you might as well replace the filter as well.

hi thank you for your reply I was already thinking about changing the transmission oil and filter so its going to be drained anyway so you know like I was thinking of doing that but I just wanted to know if it's going to be hard like in an area that's it's so tight or narrow so I cannot just get it done, or i had to take the transmission out to do this , i have no clue on this
Old Nov 30, 2016, 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by silthos
Deep pan is unnecessary for the sst. Sump kit is a better investment for the car.
I was thinking because it has dip stick and cool down the oil faster as i live in Az its 120 degree in summer, also what is this kit and what it does ?
Old Nov 30, 2016, 03:55 PM
Evolved Member

Utilizing the same method that most auto manufacturers use to control transmission temperature, the kit uses the engines coolant to maintain the transmission in its best operating temperature range. When the transmission is cold, it speeds warm up. When the transmission is hot, the engine coolant cools the transmission. A built in thermostat protect the transmission should the engine over heat. This results in a very stable transmission temperature, which is critical for best operation of the transmission.

Designed to heat SST transmission fluid quickly to operating temperature and keep it there.

Billet construction with embossed DMS logo. CNC for exact fitment. Increased rigidity, coupled with increased volume. Temp gauge fitting port - 1/8" NPT.

Built in thermostat protects the transmission should the engine over heat.

Kit comes with all AN fittings, high temp nomex braided hoses for convenience and ease of installation.
Old Nov 30, 2016, 03:58 PM
Evolved Member

This is for the dodson heated sump kit. Just save your money and get this. This will be the only thing you need to keep the trans temp in check.
Omar S Abbood (Dec 1, 2016)
Old Dec 1, 2016, 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by silthos
This is for the dodson heated sump kit. Just save your money and get this. This will be the only thing you need to keep the trans temp in check.
Any idea if this will have a dip stick so you know when to stop and not over fill the transmission
Old Dec 1, 2016, 03:57 PM
Evolving Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by Omar S Abbood
Any idea if this will have a dip stick so you know when to stop and not over fill the transmission
Don't worry about the dip stick. Most guys make sure they get about 8l out of the transformer then put 8 back in.