Notices
09+ Lancer Ralliart General Discuss any generalized technical factory turbocharged Ralliart related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

ADM 2012 RALLIART issues

Search this Thread

Old Dec 30, 2016, 01:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ADM 2012 RALLIART issues

Hello peeps

Its that time of year, you know, when nothing is open or run regular business hours. While cruising at highway speed my car has developed an engine code.

Car mods are just GST basemap tune for 98octane

Now, ive pulled over and checked what i could. Got home 10 mins later and waited overnight and rechecked all fluids. Everything is fine and car runs 'normally" but i have since noticed fuel consumption has increase dramatically as ive had not choice but to drive it these last couple days.

Now i did clear the fault with openECU/tactrix but it has come back again. im thinking o2sensor as it didnt return straight away and both times came back while cruising (2200rpm) for 15+ mins

The other issue i have is i cannot reflash the car with the stock tune i have as openECU wont recognize the stock tune as i cant find definitions for it. From reading on EVOLUTIONM gst thread as a 2012ADM its likely a 2011 ecu. I tried a HowTo that is supposed to give me the ecu number/definition which corroborated the GST thread info on a 2011 definition file but still i am not able to view my stock tune and thus, cannot flash it back to the car.

Local Mitsubishi dealership isnt open until Tuesday next week.

Thanks in advance
Old Dec 30, 2016, 03:41 PM
Evolving Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Maybe I missed it but what's the code your getting? That would help out diagnosing and saying whether or not your cool to run.
Old Dec 30, 2016, 04:58 PM

i cannot get the code at present as i don't have evoscan and Mitsubishi are useless at this time of year.

If i had the code i wouldn't be anywhere near as concerned.

I was hoping i could flash back to stock to see if that sorts it out but i had been running the GST basemap for 12months or so.
Old Dec 30, 2016, 08:35 PM
Evolving Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Ok I'm catching up lol...do you guys have the equivalent of an auto zone? Up here they will read the codes for free...if it were me I wouldno drive hard until you figure it out(as your doing already I'm sure). I doubt it's tune related if you've been running for a year with no issues. Again as you've stated it could be something fairly benign like an o2 or and error.
The following users liked this post:
-lynel- (Dec 30, 2016)
Old Dec 30, 2016, 10:21 PM

I dont drive hard very often at all but definitely not at the moment lol

Im confident its just a blip; nothing serious. It just pains me to see everytime i start the car. Im no stranger to working on cars, very handy with a spanner but every since i had my 3 series bmw Ive had absolute conniptions due to the k-bus/can-bus systems.

When i find out ill come back and post the results but for future reference

2012 Ralliart 60oooKM logbook serviced and the fault it "engine system requires service"
Old Jan 3, 2017, 07:57 AM
Evolved Member

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts
From what you describe - I would suspect a fuel injector or clogged air filter. Def'ly not tune.

Step 1 - inspect air filter (start easy, eh?)
Step 2 - run injector cleaner through the fuel tank.
Step 3 - get that code read!

Not to worry about driving it - running rich won't hurt nearly as much as running lean for our cars.