Notices
09+ Lancer Ralliart General Discuss any generalized technical factory turbocharged Ralliart related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

2010 ralliart revving weird

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2017, 07:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 ralliart revving weird

Hi guys and girl's , will I'm new to the Mitsubishi community I did have a Subaru WRX .the reason for this thread is because when I'm driving my car rev's up and down when it's around 2000rpm not much but you can hear it and see the needle moveing up and down but what's weird is it's not much,I hope some one can let me know what it can be for I can fix it please and thank you
Old Jan 8, 2017, 09:20 AM

Originally Posted by Sebringralliart
Hi guys and girl's , will I'm new to the Mitsubishi community I did have a Subaru WRX .the reason for this thread is because when I'm driving my car rev's up and down when it's around 2000rpm not much but you can hear it and see the needle moveing up and down but what's weird is it's not much,I hope some one can let me know what it can be for I can fix it please and thank you

i have also come from Subaru WRX chocolate pistons in the 2.5 ring land

mine also did that with throttle when i first had it but has not done it since i have done the ecu flash and the sst flash

ecu flash

sst flash
Old Jan 8, 2017, 09:44 AM

Thank you so I would have to get a tune to fix it
Old Jan 8, 2017, 05:40 PM
Evolving Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Use the tc-sst switch and see if you have a s-sport mode. If so you have a mod on your car that causes this when cruising in 6th gear...it's harmless in this scenario.
Old Jan 8, 2017, 06:02 PM

Originally Posted by DWILSON357
Use the tc-sst switch and see if you have a s-sport mode. If so you have a mod on your car that causes this when cruising in 6th gear...it's harmless in this scenario.
I'm sorry I didn't mention I have a 2010 ralliart and the only thing I done to the car is put a k&n drop-in filter
Old Jan 8, 2017, 06:09 PM
Evolving Member

It's a reflash mod, no ralliart comes stock with s-sport mode, you may have bought the car with the mod done already...what you are describing sounds very similar.
Old Jan 8, 2017, 07:12 PM

It's a reflash mod, no ralliart comes stock with s-sport mode, you may have bought the car with the mod done already...what you are describing sounds very similar.
that's very interesting I'm gonna try it thank you for your input I will let you know if it does have it
Old Jan 9, 2017, 07:00 AM
Evolved Member

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts
Engine running/stopped/foot on brake - If you hold the sport/normal switch for ~5 seconds - does the "S-Sport" appear?
Old Jan 9, 2017, 07:38 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Veronica
Engine running/stopped/foot on brake - If you hold the sport/normal switch for ~5 seconds - does the "S-Sport" appear?

Thank you! Forgot the procedure for turning on s-sport had to be stopped.
Old Jan 9, 2017, 07:47 AM

Originally Posted by Veronica
ok thank you I'm gonna try it today
Old Jan 9, 2017, 05:45 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Not only do you have to be stopped, but I believe you also have to have the gear selector in "Park" for it to switch over to S-Sport mode. Then press the "sport/normal switch" forward and hold for about 5 seconds as was stated previously.
Old Jan 10, 2017, 05:03 AM

I tryed it the same way you guy's said and I don't have it ,but I did looked at something I took the heat shield off and looked at the manifold and it looked like it was cracked in two places and welded so I looked even more and found I'm missing 3 manifold bolts so I was pissed , so now I'm gonna get them bolts and put them on I think they are 14mms
Old Jan 10, 2017, 05:07 AM

I tryed it the same way you guy's said and I don't have it ,but I did looked at something I took the heat shield off and looked at the manifold and it looked like it was cracked in two places and welded so I looked even more and found I'm missing 3 manifold bolts so I was pissed , so now I'm gonna get them bolts and put them on I think they are 14mms
sorry three nuts
Old Jan 10, 2017, 05:56 AM

sorry three nuts
it's the three closest to the turbo the driver side I know some nuts are 10mm X 1.25mm and some are 8mm X 1.25mm I'm just going to get three of each just to make sure
Old Jan 10, 2017, 05:57 AM

sorry three nuts
it's the three closest to the turbo the driver side I know some nuts are 10mm X 1.25mm and some are 8mm X 1.25mm I'm just going to get three of each just to make sure

Quick Reply: 2010 ralliart revving weird