Notices

Will These Fit a Stock Ralliart W/Out Mods?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1, 2013, 12:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Will These Fit a Stock Ralliart W/Out Mods?

Good afternoon Everyone,

I am a noob to this forum (I spent a lot of time on clubrallairt, but it was a ghost town and really no help at all)...Anyways I used the search function and was not finding the specific answers that I was looking for, Sooooooo here it goes:

I was looking to get a new set of wheels for my Ralliart in the next couple of weeks, and I want to keep my stock tire size of 215/45-18 ( I have a set of nearly new Pirelli's, and I just use my car as a DD so I am not concerned about getting super wide tires) and I also DO NOT WANT TO OR PLAN TO EVER LOWER OR ROLL THE FENDERS.
With that being said would these wheels fit 215/45-18 tires without stretching the tires and without rubbing etc?
http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/Wheel...All&sort=Brand
Description: Enkei EKM#
Front and Rear
Thanks in advance!
Old Feb 1, 2013, 03:12 PM

that's the same size as stock, so yes it will fit

Last edited by NFHrally; Feb 1, 2013 at 03:14 PM.
Old Feb 1, 2013, 04:30 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yeah the recommended tire size is same as stock.

Now, the stock wheel I do believe is an 18x7 with a 215 on it. This is the right fit for the tire.

An 18x7.5 will appear to have a VERY small amount of stretch with a 215 tire but it will look nice.
Old Feb 1, 2013, 08:21 PM

what about the center bore? i think lancers have a 67mm center im not sure read it on the net somewhere in the back of my mind....
Old Feb 1, 2013, 08:29 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Yes they will fit. They will sit a little wider/further out than the stock wheels, but they will fit without issue.

Yes the oem hub center bore is 67.1 mm. As with most Enkei wheels, I'm guessing that the center bore will be 73 mm, (but don't hold me to it, do your research), so you will want to pick up some hub-centering adapter rings to prevent any unnecessary vibration. Even the cheap plastic/poly ones on eBay will work fine, just something to fill up the space.
Old Feb 2, 2013, 07:24 AM

Thanks a lot for the info and quick replying everyone!

I came from a WRX, and literally every and any wheel would work without any issues of rubbing or fender rolling. Frankly, I have never heard of fende rrolling until I came to this forum, oops...
So when I started doing wheel research I was put into panick and shock that it drastically appeared that 99% of all wheels you must roll the fenders or you will have rubbing issues. I am never gonna do any tracks days and I actually like the stock ride height and could care less about having and aggressvie looking wide tire in the rear (added friction loses mpg anyways lol), so I was essentially looking for the most economical and simple way to spiff up the aesthetic appearance of my ride.

On a side note, does anyone know if a Cobb AP has the capabilities of turning off the stupid "low tire pressure" light if i decide not to transfer the tire sensors, or if there is anyway to disable that info function?
Thanks!
Old Feb 6, 2013, 01:28 PM

Wheel/Tire Fitment Question

Hey Everyone,
First off, Yes I did use the search function but I am looking for more of a unique answer to my question.

I am looking to buy some wheels in a week or two when spring hits, and all of the Fender Rolling etc with aftermarket wheels on Ralliarts has me scared, because I don't want any part of it lol

****I do not ever plan to lower my car, and I also do not plan to ever want to roll my fenders*** I like the stock height and ride of the car and like the look of narrow tires

Ok, I think I have finally decided on Enkei Raijin Wheels in either Hyper Silver or Flat Black (have a Tarmac Black Ralliart an I am not totally sure which direction I want to go looks wise....Hyper Silver is Classy Evo Look, and Flat Black is More aggressive Tuner Look IMO).

The Rims are 18x8, 72.6mm Bore, and +45mm Offset

My questions are:
1. Will this rim width and offset fit my ralliart without any rubbing issues etc?

2. Will my current 215/45-18 Pirelli tires fir an 8" rim without a horrible stretched look? I don't have the readily disposable income to burn on new tires right now, so I would like to burn off my current ones before buying new. ***Also, I do plan to do a 225/45-18 or a 235/40-18 once my current tires wear out (If I can even use them)

3. Any thoughts or opinions as to which color would look better

Thanks in advance for your help!
Old Feb 6, 2013, 01:48 PM
Evolved Member

I merged this with your other thread since it is just a variation of the same topic.

For 1 and 2, same answer as I gave before since the wider wheel you are looking at now will be made up for by the higher offset and fit basically the same.

Originally Posted by 03chi-town0Z
Yes they will fit. They will sit a little wider/further out than the stock wheels, but they will fit without issue.

Yes the oem hub center bore is 67.1 mm. As with most Enkei wheels, I'm guessing that the center bore will be 73 mm, (but don't hold me to it, do your research), so you will want to pick up some hub-centering adapter rings to prevent any unnecessary vibration. Even the cheap plastic/poly ones on eBay will work fine, just something to fill up the space.
3. Go with what you like better. It's your car.
Old Feb 6, 2013, 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by 03chi-town0Z
I merged this with your other thread since it is just a variation of the same topic.

For 1 and 2, same answer as I gave before since the wider wheel you are looking at now will be made up for by the higher offset and fit basically the same.

3. Go with what you like better. It's your car.
Thank You for combining them! I wrote my topic thread, and then realized it was the same yet different too, sooooo I figured I would just roll with it lol

Anyways, I was half guessing that the rim width and offset would still be safe but just wanted to double check, BUT my tire width question was where my real concern was.

It seems as though everyone is running a 235 or 245 on and 8 inch rim, and I am worried that a 215 would look stretched and rediculous...On my prior WRX, I had the STi BBS that were 7.5 width and I had 215 tires on then and I felt that they looked perfect, so I am worried that the extra 1/2 inch width might be too much...Has anyone done this set up or have a pic of what it would look like?
I don't really have the extra for new tires right now, yet at the same time I don't want to spend the money on rims only to find out after the fact that I must do tires to have it look decent.

Thanks Again!
Old Feb 6, 2013, 02:52 PM

Another option

Originally Posted by KDub32
Good afternoon Everyone,

I am a noob to this forum (I spent a lot of time on clubrallairt, but it was a ghost town and really no help at all)...Anyways I used the search function and was not finding the specific answers that I was looking for, Sooooooo here it goes:

I was looking to get a new set of wheels for my Ralliart in the next couple of weeks, and I want to keep my stock tire size of 215/45-18 ( I have a set of nearly new Pirelli's, and I just use my car as a DD so I am not concerned about getting super wide tires) and I also DO NOT WANT TO OR PLAN TO EVER LOWER OR ROLL THE FENDERS.
With that being said would these wheels fit 215/45-18 tires without stretching the tires and without rubbing etc?
http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/Wheel...All&sort=Brand
Description: Enkei EKM#
Front and Rear

Thanks in advance!

You could sell your new 215/45-18 tires and get a different tire/wheel combo. I could take those tiny 215s off your hands if you want
I hear you on ClubRalliart being a Ghost Town. I tried for 2 weeks to get someone to reset my account so I could reply to post and so forth. Most of the posts refer to evolutionm.net anyways so might as well cut out the middleman and research your car here.
Old Feb 6, 2013, 06:16 PM
Evolved Member

215's on 18x8 +40: