Notices

Drew's 6 Pot Brembo BBK for the ralliart(TESTED AND WORKING)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29, 2014, 10:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've had this setup on my RaSb for about a week a half and it's ridiculous. Awesome upgrade for the platform. Thanks again Andrew.
Old Apr 30, 2014, 06:17 AM
Evolving Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by cmac04RS
I've had this setup on my RaSb for about a week a half and it's ridiculous. Awesome upgrade for the platform. Thanks again Andrew.
Thanks, Cory! So glad you are enjoying it!
Old Apr 30, 2014, 08:26 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Drew314

Everything you need to replace, you can pick up from your local parts store. Rotors are Evo X, pads are 2009+ CTS-V, and lines are either stock RA lines, or aftermarket SS lines to fit the RA. I offer both options.

Awesome, im not big on one off wearable components

what exactly is the process/cost to buy this setup
Old May 16, 2014, 12:14 PM
Evolving Member

I received confirmation from someone that installed their kit (thanks, Jason!) that the BBK will clear stock wheels with a 28mm spacer. So, for those of you still on stockers, or that have stocks as winter wheels, that is what you will need to clear.
Old May 22, 2014, 12:50 PM

Great read. So these use stock brake lines or SS evo 9 lines?
Old May 22, 2014, 01:29 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by BigDsRalli
Great read. So these use stock brake lines or SS evo 9 lines?
Stock brake lines, or SS lines made for the RA. You can buy the kits with or without lines.
Old May 26, 2014, 09:26 PM

ohhhh... them are sexy...
Old May 27, 2014, 03:11 PM

Agreed, I get a little wood just thinking about getting this upgrade..
Old Jun 26, 2014, 08:34 AM
Evolving Member

I just wanted to give an update on the lines that come with the kit. Very shortly, I will be able to offer two different variations of the SS lines. One will be the standard kit, made to fit the front BBK with OEM rears, and the second will be for people who want to do the front BBK AND the Evo X rears. And for the guys that have already purchased a kit with lines, I will be offering just the secondary rear line that is required to bolt up the Evo X rears properly. Stay tuned.
Old Aug 3, 2014, 09:55 AM

Price? SS lines not needed. Plan on keeping the rear break setup.
PM me if you like
Cheers
Old Aug 12, 2014, 05:37 AM
Evolved Member

Nice work!
Old Aug 12, 2014, 09:49 AM
Evolving Member

I'd rather find a way to make the Ferrari California fronts fit with GTR calipers and proper pad than using these... the problem being the size is around 15.4" instead of 14" for the X rotors and the obvious large initial investment. However over the life, you will save far more money on wear of these than regular iron rings. If using something like AP or Stillen's rotors, you can get roughly 10 or more years of track use with their CCM rings which should probably bring you close to even or cheaper than iron brake options.
Old Aug 12, 2014, 11:43 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Boltz.
Nice work!
Thanks, Captain

Originally Posted by Stormin Norman
I'd rather find a way to make the Ferrari California fronts fit with GTR calipers and proper pad than using these... the problem being the size is around 15.4" instead of 14" for the X rotors and the obvious large initial investment. However over the life, you will save far more money on wear of these than regular iron rings. If using something like AP or Stillen's rotors, you can get roughly 10 or more years of track use with their CCM rings which should probably bring you close to even or cheaper than iron brake options.
A few things.....

This brake option uses the exact same pad footprint as the GTR. There would be no point in getting GTR calipers that will not bolt up to the stock spindle, when these calipers do bolt up, and are equivalent/superior to GTR calipers. All you would need to do is get carbon ceramic rotors, with the correct pad.

Also, for a rotor that large, you would have to run 19" wheels, if not 20". Most people will not want to do that.

And, most importantly, cost. You will not get remotely close to being anywhere near cost neutral over 100 years and a million miles using CCM rotors, even on a completely dedicated track car. Not close. The CCM kit that Stillen sells for the GT-R costs more than some people have paid for their RalliArt. Who in their right mind would put $18k brake pads/rotors on a car worth $20k?

But, if what you are saying is "I would rather find a way to put $24,000 brakes on a Ralliart than to spend $1400 on a kit that gives the Ralliart better brakes than the Evo X.", then I think most people would agree with you, myself included, if money was not an option.

Last edited by Drew314; Aug 12, 2014 at 11:45 AM.
Old Aug 12, 2014, 02:35 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Drew314
A few things.....

This brake option uses the exact same pad footprint as the GTR. There would be no point in getting GTR calipers that will not bolt up to the stock spindle, when these calipers do bolt up, and are equivalent/superior to GTR calipers. All you would need to do is get carbon ceramic rotors, with the correct pad.
If it's the same piston size and pad area, then that's great. I didn't know the CTSv calipers were the same as the GTRs though, so my fault. It's not hard to make a custom bracket though; quite simple, actually.

And, most importantly, cost. You will not get remotely close to being anywhere near cost neutral over 100 years and a million miles using CCM rotors, even on a completely dedicated track car. Not close. The CCM kit that Stillen sells for the GT-R costs more than some people have paid for their RalliArt. Who in their right mind would put $18k brake pads/rotors on a car worth $20k?

But, if what you are saying is "I would rather find a way to put $24,000 brakes on a Ralliart than to spend $1400 on a kit that gives the Ralliart better brakes than the Evo X.", then I think most people would agree with you, myself included, if money was not an option.
CCM kit vs. rotor rings are two different things. They run a few grand each. That's not a bad deal if you do in fact decide to run the aftermarket AP rings on the GTR (or ferrari or Zr1) hats. The pads wear a hell of a lot more than the rings so virtually a few pad replacements and some resurfacing of the aftermarket rotors is all you really need. It's certainly not a 20k investment. And yes, I understand that large *** wheels are not very ideal.

Last edited by Stormin Norman; Aug 12, 2014 at 02:37 PM.
Old Aug 12, 2014, 04:05 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Stormin Norman
CCM kit vs. rotor rings are two different things. They run a few grand each. That's not a bad deal if you do in fact decide to run the aftermarket AP rings on the GTR (or ferrari or Zr1) hats. The pads wear a hell of a lot more than the rings so virtually a few pad replacements and some resurfacing of the aftermarket rotors is all you really need. It's certainly not a 20k investment. And yes, I understand that large *** wheels are not very ideal.
Not being argumentative, but what Stillen has in the CCM-X is all the things you are going to have to buy anyway. Even if you were to theoretically piece together a "budget" kit, you are looking at $3200 (using ZR1 rotor rings), ~$500 in hats and hardware (if you go cheap), and designing a custom bracket to relocate the caliper to fit the diameter/spacing of the rotor ($300 as a placeholder). Add another $400 for lines, pads and pad hardware, and you are at $4400. Double that for the rear, because you need to do all 4 corners in a CCM system. So, the "cheap" system is a $9k pieced together system with custom parts and a lot of engineering to be done. I am agreeing with you that CCM braking is amazing. But it also has drawbacks, as CCM brakes run MUCH hotter than standard iron disc brakes, and you have to properly set up a cooling system before you start destroying very expensive rotors. That's why it chews through pads almost twice as fast.

I was just addressing the point of you saying you would rather find a way to do CCM instead of the kit this thread was created to review, and the two really aren't comparable in price by a huge margin. It compares, in my opinion, to going in to a thread that is reviewing a 4b11 stroker kit, and saying you would rather research doing a VR38DETT engine swap. Again, I agree with what you are saying in how awesome the CCM kits are, but lack the understanding of the concept of comparing the two. The kit mentioned here vs CCM is apples to oranges. Or more like Jack Daniels to A. H Hirsch Reserve.

Quick Reply: Drew's 6 Pot Brembo BBK for the ralliart(TESTED AND WORKING)