Notices

Drew's 6 Pot Brembo BBK for the ralliart(TESTED AND WORKING)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 12, 2014, 07:44 AM
Evolving Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
I am actually trying to find a set of Evo 8/9 wheels now, to see if this kit clears them. I know it will be VERY close, considering the size of these things, but it might be good to have the option of 17"s for winter. So, if anyone has the kit, and has a set of 17" wheels around, try it out, and let us know. If I find a set, I will report back.
Old Nov 17, 2014, 09:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Brakes

I want to say great job and thanks for your work and who ever helped. No matter how much you try to help the Mitsu Community with new ways to help improve our vehicles, there will always be "what-ifers" and "haters".
Old Mar 29, 2015, 03:44 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
... this just occured to me as i'm getting ready to do my swap.... what if you get a flat? will the spare fit? lol
Old Mar 29, 2015, 04:12 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by robyn402
... this just occured to me as i'm getting ready to do my swap.... what if you get a flat? will the spare fit? lol
I haven't checked the X spare. But I can tell you (no surprise) that the OEM RA spare isn't remotely close to fitting. As a matter of fact, I used to keep comfort in the fct that if I had a flat in the front, I would move the rear tire to the front, and put the spare on the back. After doing the X rear swap, the OEM RA spare doesn't even clear the X rears :-/. Plus side. Weight savings!!! Spare and jack are out of the car..lol.
Old Mar 29, 2015, 07:18 PM
Evolved Member

Yeah I assume the RA would be any use anymore lol
Old Apr 5, 2015, 12:00 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
you can get the evo x spare. they are actually 18" vs ralliart 16" spare.
Old Apr 5, 2015, 07:47 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Did you ever find some Evo 17's mate? Im looking at upgrading my 9 brakes sometime soon im also located in Sydney too
Old Apr 6, 2015, 05:12 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Mick_O
Did you ever find some Evo 17's mate? Im looking at upgrading my 9 brakes sometime soon im also located in Sydney too
Hey, Mick O. Not to answer for Steve, but I never confirmed fit on the 17" Evo wheels. But you mentioned you had a 9. This kit only fits the RalliArt.
Old May 16, 2015, 11:21 AM
Evolved Member

Any particular bed in procedure for these, I've just seen to do a bunch of low speed applications (30mph-ish) then a couple medium (40mph-ish)

I'm about Finally install my front and rear set... First brake replacement ever lol

Also as im replacing lines is it ok to clamp the oem rubber line to prevent the master cylinder from going empty?

Im going to be flushing the brakes at the same time

Last edited by robyn402; May 16, 2015 at 11:24 AM.
Old May 16, 2015, 03:55 PM
Evolving Member

Any particular bed in procedure for these, I've just seen to do a bunch of low speed applications (30mph-ish) then a couple medium (40mph-ish)

I'm about Finally install my front and rear set... First brake replacement ever lol

Also as im replacing lines is it ok to clamp the oem rubber line to prevent the master cylinder from going empty?

Im going to be flushing the brakes at the same time
Fine to clamp the rubber lines, but that won't help you when you break them loose to add the SS lines. I would suggest leaving the cap on the reservoir until you have everything ready to bleed, then remove it for the bleeding procedure. Here is a link to the bedding procedure I recommend to everyone. It works very well. Let me know if you have any questions.

http://www.zeckhausen.com/bedding_in_brakes.htm
Old May 18, 2015, 09:52 AM
Evolved Member

Yeah attempt failed, oem hard line fittings are seized in the back... And i could only manage to get one fitting to come loose in the front

Seized so bad not even liquid wrench and a flare wrench is Having any effect...

So close, back to the drawing board lol
Old May 18, 2015, 01:02 PM
Evolving Member

Yeah attempt failed, oem hard line fittings are seized in the back... And i could only manage to get one fitting to come loose in the front

Seized so bad not even liquid wrench and a flare wrench is Having any effect...

So close, back to the drawing board lol
Holy Canadian Corrosion! I hope you get them free.
Old May 20, 2015, 11:05 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I had similar issue with the front passenger side hard line when I upgraded to SS lines. Luckily it was the shortest hard line and cost only $10 at the dealer to replace. but a pita no less. I borrowed a friends snap on wrench for the other 3.. night and day difference between them and the cheap Chinese Craftsman I had.
Old May 21, 2015, 12:10 PM
Evolved Member

Yeah $60 bucks for the 3 hardlines so I'm just pulling em out,

Question i just thought about, should we be torquing the calipers bolts to the ralliarts spec or evo x spec

Im Thinking evo as the bolts/calipers are bigger but just curious what others have done
Old Jul 9, 2015, 10:47 PM
Evolved Member

just figured i'd add to this so someone else doesn't go thru what i'm about to

this front calipers WILL NOT clear XXR 551s in a 18x8.75" +36, the spokes are too thick by about 8-10mm

i happened to have some junk 5mm spacers laying around and used them to see what i need to do to make them fit... 5mm wasn't enuf but 10mm was more then enuf, so i'm thinking 8mm will be right on the money

so along with this i'll be hunting for some proper spacers and extended studs to make this work... or trying to sell my new rims to get something that will work lol

i'll update when i get it to work

PS thanks for the kit drew, i can't wait to get this thing rolling and stopping in a hurry

Quick Reply: Drew's 6 Pot Brembo BBK for the ralliart(TESTED AND WORKING)