Notices

Drew's 6 Pot Brembo BBK for the ralliart(TESTED AND WORKING)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26, 2014, 03:31 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Drew's 6 Pot Brembo BBK for the ralliart(TESTED AND WORKING)

Hi all,

I wanted to report back on this kit that I've purchased, fitted and used for the last couple of weeks. As some of you might know there is a few kits available (Brembo Official, AP racing, Ksport)APE, AMS)

However none offered the same value and testing that this one has in my opinion.

As some of you may know I did run another kit(I'll keep it unnamed) that caused me alot of headache and finally by the time it was corrected(6months later) my goals for the car had changed and I was now chasing something that was going to take absolute punishment around a track. The previous kit would handle a casual run but due to the rotor choice heat was going to be a massive issue in a full on track environment.

Presenting however Drew's kit:

This things a absolute beast.... I've had evo owners comment and say how they would love for this to fit their car but bad luck It fits lancer and ralliarts. The MBC for the ralliart is the same as the evo and as such responds extremely well to the toughest braking conditions

The positive of this kit besides the tremendous braking power is that because the parts are common your brake pad replacements are available from GM, the disc is a evo X disc so it slots nicely onto any lancer hub, the caliper itself has been machined individually to fit a lancer knuckle so their is no guess work it's precision work(the kit creator is a engineer who does this stuff for heavy machinery for a living).

Installation's pretty easy but recommended with a mate whose a bit handy(I am not ). The only customisation you need to do is trim the dust shield and drill out the mount points on the knuckle to 14.5mm or closest possible above(Had a 5/8 imperial drill bit and still slotted perfect).

4pot kit i had previous

A renovator smashed the dust shield so don't go angle grinding it like we nearly did

My biggest performance test was taking it down Jamberoo Pass(people in the Southern Sydney region in Aus would know how crap and dangerous the road can be) and I deliberately rode that brake to get heaps of heat in their and it held up awesome. The entire drive leading to that point was windy, choppy, a bit wet and it made mince meat of it.

I encourage anyone thinking about getting a brake kit to get in contact with drew(for the record I'm not affiliated with him for profit or anything).. just think though I scrutinsed the s*** out of this product based on the previous failing and couldn't pick 1 dam flaw and they are as sexy as hell. He also may be looking at a caliper upgrade for evo's in the future but still. Also if there was enough interest I'm sure maybe Ofey could get involved a group buy to save on costs.

Take it from me though this is everything a Evo X has front brake wise except BETTER! and you don't have to stuff around converting stuff if you wanted a Evo X front brake experience.

Thankyou

http://www.clubralliart.com/showpost...2&postcount=37
Old Feb 28, 2014, 10:58 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

This is on my list. Just saving up.
Also I will need to sell my 16" winter wheels and tires for some stock 18" gsr's.
Old Feb 28, 2014, 12:17 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,038 Likes on 760 Posts
Looks like GM Cadillac CTS-V calipers with machined flanges to fit the hub? Looks like same bolt pattern as lancer knuckle?

Nice
Old Mar 1, 2014, 05:56 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It sucks that these don't quite work on the X. I am sorry that my kit didn't work out for you. No hard feelings, as I really like Drew's kit.
Old Mar 2, 2014, 04:29 PM
Evolving Member

All good mate. Well guess what I thought why does Bryan abandon the ralliart platform right when i start exploring a higher power setup.

Then i done this :P

The kit obviously has been removed but yer
Old Mar 2, 2014, 05:58 PM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by parralegend
All good mate. Well guess what I thought why does Bryan abandon the ralliart platform right when i start exploring a higher power setup.

The kit obviously has been removed but yer
So you put the brake kit on and then traded the RA in for a MR, or GSR SST or whatever you guys have down there? Hhaha nice.

For the record, I didn't abandon the platform. I just sold my RA.
Old Mar 2, 2014, 07:05 PM
Evolving Member

Between u and beeble you guys were my only hope of decrypting sst issues(mysteries is probably a better word ). You are one of the only ones stating the stock catback should be fine for the similar hp goals I had and now i realise you got a 2014 evo thank god so the difference between me and you is a gearbox and ur wealth of knowledge ..... Do you have a build thread yet .

It's a MR but they dont badge it a GSR or MR anymore apparently at least for this market only a SST is available and yes I done the brake kit and took it off after 3 weeks.... It was one of the best kits ever .
Old Mar 2, 2014, 07:31 PM
Evolving Member

You still have the brake kit? I know a few Ralliart guys who have been looking at making an adapter for the Evo X BBK, but this would probably be an even better option for them.
Old Mar 2, 2014, 08:32 PM
Evolving Member

To be perfectly honest if you contact Drew he just needs a knuckle to machine it to im sure he would to X calipers/pads if someone gave him the opportunity to . It cost me $130 to send it from sydney to darwin here in AUS and I think it cost like 180-200 for both Eric and Drew to send their kits to me so it would not be worth the extra cost in shipping to get a used one from me
Old Mar 2, 2014, 08:32 PM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by parralegend
Do you have a build thread yet .
Here you go: https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...e-build-s.html

Old Apr 4, 2014, 07:28 AM
Evolving Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Steve, thanks a ton for the review! I hope that MR is treating you very well!

Originally Posted by razorlab
For the record, I didn't abandon the platform. I just sold my RA.
Bryan, I don't think the platform would be what it is, if not for all you have done for the RA community. Mitsubishi should seriously give you a small commission on all cars sold, as I would guarantee some people specifically went with the RA because of the availability of your basemaps.
Old Apr 27, 2014, 11:54 PM

I will buy this beefy BBK one day...
Old Apr 28, 2014, 05:42 PM

These look killer might be intrested later summer
Old Apr 29, 2014, 10:23 AM
Evolved Member

So when you need to replace the rotors/pads/lines what are you to use?
Old Apr 29, 2014, 10:30 AM
Evolving Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by robyn402
So when you need to replace the rotors/pads/lines what are you to use?
Everything you need to replace, you can pick up from your local parts store. Rotors are Evo X, pads are 2009+ CTS-V, and lines are either stock RA lines, or aftermarket SS lines to fit the RA. I offer both options.

Quick Reply: Drew's 6 Pot Brembo BBK for the ralliart(TESTED AND WORKING)