Notices

TPMS Question

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2014, 08:30 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TPMS Question

Yes I'm a noob. I put aftermarket wheels on my car and I did not take the sensors from the factory wheels and put them in the new ones, the annoying warning light is lit up on the dash because of this. Does it hurt anything to not have the sensors installed on aftermarket wheels? I assume I can keep driving it with the warning light?
Old May 2, 2014, 05:44 AM

If you can put up with the warning light, then there is no harm. The system is just telling you that there are no sensors and it's reading a pressure of 0. That being said, it is a safety feature and probably helps to keep your insurance costs slightly down. If you go back to the tire shop with your sensors, they'll probably throw them into your rims (provided they fit) for little to no cost.
Old May 3, 2014, 07:43 AM
Evolving Member

Don't have my tpms in evo x wheels. No harm. Just click ur info button and hold it. The warning saying service tpms will go away. But u will have to do that every time u put in park it will return once restarted.
Old May 3, 2014, 11:01 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by mattnshell
Don't have my tpms in evo x wheels. No harm. Just click ur info button and hold it. The warning saying service tpms will go away. But u will have to do that every time u put in park it will return once restarted.
This.

Or you could go the route some people have picked (Me also)
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ve...your-dash.html
Buy a set of cloned tpms, I have been running mine in my aftermarket rims for a month now and no problems!
Old May 3, 2014, 07:36 PM

Yes you can keep driving it but itll cause you to hold the info button everytime you start the car. Adding TPMS requires the dealership to add them as well as a re-balancing.
Old Oct 27, 2014, 08:33 PM

Ive run into the problem where the aftermarket TPMS are non programmable with Mitsu dealers or the place where i purchased the rim/tire setup. It has now turned off my AWC so it will matter what sensors you buy as some places claim they can't reprogram the warning light. I will be putting the stock sensors in when i put my summer rims and tires back on.