Notices

HD Overdrive wheels

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22, 2014, 04:00 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
HD Overdrive wheels

My son and I have been looking at wheel options for next spring and this is what we came up with. Being that my car is Tarmac Black I think these will look good once it is lowered on some good coilovers.

HD Overdrive Wheels.
Attached Thumbnails HD Overdrive wheels-odrl.jpg  
Old Oct 23, 2014, 03:11 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Those...things...constitute a step backwards.
Old Oct 24, 2014, 06:58 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by NFSLancerRA
Those...things...constitute a step backwards.

Why would they be a step backwards? Because they are not a $1000 a piece wheel and are not super light weight. I am building my car to be a little faster than stock, to handle a little better than stock and to look a little better than stock with a reasonable budget in mind.
Old Oct 24, 2014, 07:56 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by cmb70
Why would they be a step backwards? Because they are not a $1000 a piece wheel and are not super light weight. I am building my car to be a little faster than stock, to handle a little better than stock and to look a little better than stock with a reasonable budget in mind.
You need not spend $1k per wheel to improve upon the stock wheels. You will need to spend a bit more than $100 per wheel, though.
Old Oct 24, 2014, 08:44 AM
Evolving Member

You need not spend $1k per wheel to improve upon the stock wheels. You will need to spend a bit more than $100 per wheel, though.

LOL!, yeah I get it! I have found some others that appeal to me and am shopping around.
Old Oct 24, 2014, 09:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
you should buy whatever you like and fits in your budget unless youre building a track car it doesn't matter how much you spend on your wheels as long as you like them
Old Oct 24, 2014, 09:43 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by sickOne
you should buy whatever you like and fits in your budget unless youre building a track car it doesn't matter how much you spend on your wheels as long as you like them
Exactly. I think what I have picked out will look good to the other cosmetic things I have planned. It is a daily driver that I have some fun with at times. I like the show with a little more go but not a race car. If I were to start racing cars again, its drag strip for me and I would build a V8 of some sort.
Old Oct 24, 2014, 10:14 AM
Former Sponsor

You have to understand that I want for you to maximize performance, safety, and cosmetic appeal while staying within budget. The easiest way to do that is to buy a nice set of Evolution X wheels (ideal). But, if you want to be different...

Seeing as you are a V8 guy, why not look at Mustang wheels? I had a set of those on my X for awhile, and they were pretty nice. You will get more for your money buying that way.

Check these out:

Found Here: https://www.fordracingparts.com/part...KeyField=12305

Those are forged wheels for $499 a piece (direct from Ford). That is one simple spacer away from fitting perfectly on your car. (They weigh 30 pounds, though, so no on that one.)

Or these:

Found Here: https://www.fordracingparts.com/part...KeyField=22226

Again, 18x9.5" BBS wheels for $700 a piece (20 pounds each). That is unreal. Again, a simple spacer away from clearing with no issues.

Too expensive?

Try these:

Found here: http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/...SVE-Drift-18X9

The offset is perfect on those, so no need to change anything. They weigh 23 pounds, which is a bit heavy, but those suckers will not break. Again, I had a set of those on my X, so I know that they work.
Attached Thumbnails HD Overdrive wheels-m-1007-sa1910.jpg   HD Overdrive wheels-m-1007-r1810.jpg   HD Overdrive wheels-sve-1007fc_1750.jpg  

Last edited by NFSLancerRA; Oct 24, 2014 at 10:17 AM.
Old Oct 27, 2014, 07:26 AM
Evolving Member

You have to understand that I want for you to maximize performance, safety, and cosmetic appeal while staying within budget. The easiest way to do that is to buy a nice set of Evolution X wheels (ideal). But, if you want to be different...

Seeing as you are a V8 guy, why not look at Mustang wheels? I had a set of those on my X for awhile, and they were pretty nice. You will get more for your money buying that way.

Check these out:

Found Here: https://www.fordracingparts.com/part...KeyField=12305

Those are forged wheels for $499 a piece (direct from Ford). That is one simple spacer away from fitting perfectly on your car. (They weigh 30 pounds, though, so no on that one.)

Or these:

Found Here: https://www.fordracingparts.com/part...KeyField=22226

Again, 18x9.5" BBS wheels for $700 a piece (20 pounds each). That is unreal. Again, a simple spacer away from clearing with no issues.

Too expensive?

Try these:

Found here: http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/...SVE-Drift-18X9

The offset is perfect on those, so no need to change anything. They weigh 23 pounds, which is a bit heavy, but those suckers will not break. Again, I had a set of those on my X, so I know that they work.
No thanks, I will pass but thanks for the information.
Old Oct 30, 2014, 10:58 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
If you can score a used set of Exo X BBS MR wheels, they looks just as good as the option above for a lot less.

I use a cheap set of XXR wheels for Daily Driving, I like the look and offset. I also have a light weight Enkei set i use on the track because I don't trust the XXR's to take the abuse. So as long as it's just for Daily use buy what you think looks good, then post pictures for us to see

Last edited by neogeo64; Oct 30, 2014 at 10:59 AM. Reason: Mispelling