Notices

Transfer Oil Change

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18, 2010, 05:09 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Transfer Oil Change

I'm nearing my next service and the manual requires a Transfer Oil Change. I'm sure many people have done this already.

The oil recommended by the book is the DiaQueen SAE90. I was looking around and saw the other "recommended" was Motul 90PA. Was wondering which would be the better product to use? Or if there are other better options. What should I be looking at. Would the 90PA have better lubricating properties?

Saw on evoxforum
Originally Posted by Clipse3GT
Transfer oil- MITSUBISHI limited slip differential oil (LSD) or equivalent

OIL REQUIRED: Hypoid Gears

John Shepard Recommended
Factory Fill: DiaQueen LSD GEAR Oil SAE 90
Aftermarket: MOTUL 90PA SAE 90
Input welcome
Old Apr 18, 2010, 05:12 PM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Lot of folks here on evom using this on evo 8 9 and 10:

Old Apr 18, 2010, 07:00 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by laksman91
I'm nearing my next service and the manual requires a Transfer Oil Change. I'm sure many people have done this already.

The oil recommended by the book is the DiaQueen SAE90. I was looking around and saw the other "recommended" was Motul 90PA. Was wondering which would be the better product to use? Or if there are other better options. What should I be looking at. Would the 90PA have better lubricating properties?

Saw on evoxforum

Input welcome
What is transfer oil? I'm guessing it's for limited slip diff?? When do I have to change that oil??
Old Apr 18, 2010, 07:13 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by apagan01
Lot of folks here on evom using this on evo 8 9 and 10:

I'm not familiar with the SAE numbering, but I think I'll stick with the OEM spec weight. I understand by that logic I should be sticking to DiaQueen I guess others input on this and the others would be nice

Originally Posted by Skym
What is transfer oil? I'm guessing it's for limited slip diff?? When do I have to change that oil??
I believe its for our limited slip diff. Under severe in my book says 15k miles/24k km, or 15 months

Old Apr 18, 2010, 07:28 PM
Evolved Member

Thanks for answering so quickly. how many quarts do we need for our cars??
Old Apr 18, 2010, 07:53 PM
Evolved Member

Thanks for answering so quickly. how many quarts do we need for our cars??
Np. I'm bored on a train back to school

From the evoxf thread: NEED: .95 qt

* can't link it as it doesn't get by the filter

Last edited by laksman91; Apr 18, 2010 at 08:05 PM.
Old Apr 18, 2010, 08:00 PM
Evolved Member

so basically one of the bottle should be enough
thanks
Old Apr 18, 2010, 08:15 PM
Evolved Member

I have also found on the other board:

Originally Posted by FLK
Clipse, I've mentioned this before but I feel obligated to repeat myself everytime a thread like this pops up. You must put the OEM Diaqueen in your Tcase and AYC. Do not substitute - Diaqueen comes from factory having proprietary properties for the diffs they service.
Originally Posted by TriStateEvo
Transfer case and rear differential require Diaqueen LSD gear oil. The multi-level marketing gurus have so many people convinced that AMSoil and Redline are equivalent alternatives, but FLK is correct that there are proprietary additives in the Diaqueen LSD oil that make it the correct fluid to use in those systems.

I work for a Mitsubishi dealership and we would never put anything else but Diaqueen LSD in, because if something screws up is AMSoil or Redline going to step up and do anything if the catostrophic occurs?
Old Apr 18, 2010, 08:47 PM
Evolved Member

I know you guys want to prob stick with Diaqueen, but for what its worth, I just used Amsoil for oil change and its amazing. Its only my second oil change, used mobil 1 before, but I can actually notice a difference in how smooth the car runs etc. From what I have heard Amsoil gear lube is second to none. I see the quote above...so when I hit 15k I will be the lab rat, but honestly I have confidence that Amsoil would outperform any other brand, oem or not. No I dont work for them.
Old Apr 18, 2010, 09:56 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by SOG RA
I know you guys want to prob stick with Diaqueen, but for what its worth, I just used Amsoil for oil change and its amazing. Its only my second oil change, used mobil 1 before, but I can actually notice a difference in how smooth the car runs etc. From what I have heard Amsoil gear lube is second to none. I see the quote above...so when I hit 15k I will be the lab rat, but honestly I have confidence that Amsoil would outperform any other brand, oem or not. No I dont work for them.
So you're saying that you changed motor oil to Amsoil?
And at 15K you're willing to change the transfer oil to amsoil?
Old Apr 18, 2010, 11:45 PM
Evolved Member

So you're saying that you changed motor oil to Amsoil?
And at 15K you're willing to change the transfer oil to amsoil?
pretty much
Old Apr 18, 2010, 11:52 PM
Evolved Member

thats right. Even if you guys stick with the diaqueen for the transfer oil, I would suggest at least trying out the Amsoil synthetic oil. I am very happy it. I never thought switching synthetic brands would make too much of a difference after using royal purple, mobil 1, etc, but when I put the Amsoil in there I noticed the car ran smoother. Especially in the morning, while the car is warming up, very smooth.
Old Apr 19, 2010, 04:32 AM
Account Disabled

Well thats a bunch of BS, blowing smoke and mirrors ,

Originally Posted by FLK
Clipse, I've mentioned this before but I feel obligated to repeat myself everytime a thread like this pops up. You must put the OEM Diaqueen in your Tcase and AYC. Do not substitute - Diaqueen comes from factory having proprietary properties for the diffs they service.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriStateEvo
Transfer case and rear differential require Diaqueen LSD gear oil. The multi-level marketing gurus have so many people convinced that AMSoil and Redline are equivalent alternatives, but FLK is correct that there are proprietary additives in the Diaqueen LSD oil that make it the correct fluid to use in those systems.

I work for a Mitsubishi dealership and we would never put anything else but Diaqueen LSD in, because if something screws up is AMSoil or Redline going to step up and do anything if the catostrophic occurs?
Old Apr 19, 2010, 04:37 AM
Account Disabled

Too many evos making way much more power that are using AMSOIL, that have proven to use AMSOIL over and over during hard core racing hard launching ect....
Old Apr 24, 2010, 03:28 PM
Evolved Member

bump!

I'm gonna get this done next week. Probably going to do the Diaqueen, anyone else done this?

Quick Reply: Transfer Oil Change