Notices

The is it safe to use this mod with this map thread :)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 6, 2015, 02:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by richardjh
Hi. Your question isn't really a great fit with this thread, as you don't have a ROM tune in mind for your (pretty significant) mechanical change.

It's as safe as...

- The tune you get done to correctly manage your boost control (quite different, once TD05 is on there).
- Tuning of fuel, ignition timing and MIVEC at your new load levels.
- The mechanical workmanship involved in doing the swap sensibly.
- The quality of the TD05 you'll be using.
- Whether you have binned the tiny Ralliart intercooler, in favour of a decent one.

My Ralliart has had an Evo X TD05 on it for about 3 months now. I've kept boost levels quite mild - about 21psi peak, tapering to 16psi at redline - because I'm naturally cautious.

I've found the boost control a bit more wobbly on the new t/c than with the old TD04... and that's with a 3-port.

Manifold air temp is quite a bit lower now at full boost, compared to the overworked TD04 turbo... so the car feels less stressed overall. But, again, I'm not pushing it hard.

Good luck!

Rich

Thanks Rich, sorry for putting it in the wrong area.

Looking to get Adam (beeble) to tune it. I have an installer in mind also which has done a few of these already. Turbo will have around 2,000km taken off a reasonably new car.

Hope all goes well. Will ask for a very conservative tune thanks for the advice.

Oh and I've got an Evo X intercooler

Last edited by ozzieralliart; Nov 6, 2015 at 02:09 AM.
Old Nov 6, 2015, 07:51 PM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by ozzieralliart
Thanks Rich, sorry for putting it in the wrong area.

Looking to get Adam (beeble) to tune it. I have an installer in mind also which has done a few of these already. Turbo will have around 2,000km taken off a reasonably new car.

Hope all goes well. Will ask for a very conservative tune thanks for the advice.

Oh and I've got an Evo X intercooler
Haha, if you ask Beeble for a conservative tune and mention my name in the same conversation, Adam will simply roll his eyes and say, "Gaah, that definitely sounds like Mr. Conservative!".

Let Beeble use his discretion with the tune. I'm sure he'll take into account your intended vehicle use, expectations, safety and such.

Rich