Notices

Tuning with tactrix cable?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4, 2011, 09:29 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tuning with tactrix cable?

So ive moved away from the Cobb AP and want to buy the tactrix cable. I have the gst tune with the boost pill installed now. I just have a couple of questions.

1) Since there are no off the shelf maps that come with the cable, Is there any tutorial on how to operate the program and tune the car without blowing it up? I thought i saw one somewhere but i cant find it now

2) Are there any maps you can buy? (for example, a stage 2 map that supports a turboback exhaust, etc.)

Thats all i can think of right now but im sure i will have some more.

Thanks!
Old Apr 4, 2011, 09:42 AM
Evolving Member

1) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJmLhGL4t9Q&sns=em

2) you don't really buy maps. Instead, through EcuFlash, you can utilize what's called eflashing which may save you money in comparison to driving to a tuner. Companies such as AMS and English Racing have a good reputation with eflashing. BTW, eflashing is where you download your ECU Rom and perform some datalogging with a program like EvoScan, and email the files to a tuner that tweaks the Rom, then emails it back to you to flash your ECU with. There are more companies besides the ones I mentioned so do some searching and select the tuner you want. Like the AP, you also have the ability to flash back to stock whenever needed.

Bryan's GST basemap is a phenominal ROM that increases the performance of a stock RA, but once you start modding, you need to either visit a local tuner or find one that can eflash to the mods you've performed.

Hope this helps
Old Apr 4, 2011, 10:10 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,038 Likes on 760 Posts
Originally Posted by pbassist12

2) Are there any maps you can buy? (for example, a stage 2 map that supports a turboback exhaust, etc.)
I might be coming out with a BaseMap for a turbo back exhaust as well.
Old Apr 4, 2011, 11:39 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by omegis
1) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJmLhGL4t9Q&sns=em

2) you don't really buy maps. Instead, through EcuFlash, you can utilize what's called eflashing which may save you money in comparison to driving to a tuner. Companies such as AMS and English Racing have a good reputation with eflashing. BTW, eflashing is where you download your ECU Rom and perform some datalogging with a program like EvoScan, and email the files to a tuner that tweaks the Rom, then emails it back to you to flash your ECU with. There are more companies besides the ones I mentioned so do some searching and select the tuner you want. Like the AP, you also have the ability to flash back to stock whenever needed.

Bryan's GST basemap is a phenominal ROM that increases the performance of a stock RA, but once you start modding, you need to either visit a local tuner or find one that can eflash to the mods you've performed.

Hope this helps

wow great answer, i was interested in the email flashes. I have the gst tune now and its awesome.
Old Apr 4, 2011, 11:40 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by razorlab
I might be coming out with a BaseMap for a turbo back exhaust as well.

That would be awesome! My next mod is getting the catback, high flow cat, and then downpipe so I would want a tune to get the most performance out of it. PM me how far you are and the details! Very interested!!
Old Apr 5, 2011, 02:37 PM
Evolving Member

There is also a very thorough how to for tuning. I think it was in the older evo I-IX tuning forums.